January 10, 2013 - 3 Night Bahamian S.S. Member Cruise

Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?

• Bon Voyage

• Vista Cafe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've looked up and read a lot about FE, and it does seem to be fun, BUT does anyone BUY things to put in, and is there a thread about people who participate but are NOT creative with crafts.

Bobbi:confused3

Yes!! Not everyone is "crafty"....just some little thoughtful trinket will do. I've seen where someone bulk-ordered some custom made lanyards for their DISgroup, I thought that was pretty cool.

I've looked up and read a lot about FE, and it does seem to be fun, BUT does anyone BUY things to put in, and is there a thread about people who participate but are NOT creative with crafts.

PS. Bobbi, have you joined us over on the FB website yet?

We usually buy small sampler boxes of candy from a local candy shop that we have in our area, I think they end up being about $4.00 a box, depending on the number of cabins, we have done one per person or one per cabin.

We like the candy idea, so that if you don't want to, you don't have to carry it home, you can just eat it on the cruise. We try to deliver this gift as early as possible.

I'm the member, I'm the force behind this trip, does everyone in the room have to be involved in the FE? My mates would most likely help me deliver, but I don't think they would want to participate themselves. I'll ask them before I sign up or not, but I hope they don't have to participate in order for me to.

I'm the member, I'm the force behind this trip, does everyone in the room have to be involved in the FE? My mates would most likely help me deliver, but I don't think they would want to participate themselves. I'll ask them before I sign up or not, but I hope they don't have to participate in order for me to.

You only put your name on the let, only you will need to give, or will receive a gift. :goodvibes

Just an FYI if you are planning to stay at WDW pre or post cruise you might want to book a room NOW! Disney has just announced the Jan marathon will be held Jan 10 - 13 and with runners arriving early resorts will fill up fast. For the Jan 2011 ran Disney was sold out of room for the week prior and several days after the race.

Just an FYI if you are planning to stay at WDW pre or post cruise you might want to book a room NOW! Disney has just announced the Jan marathon will be held Jan 10 - 13 and with runners arriving early resorts will fill up fast. For the Jan 2011 ran Disney was sold out of room for the week prior and several days after the race.

The following weekend after the cruise is MLK jr. Weekend. That could be busy in its own right, too.

Sorry to interruptthis thread but I don't know were else to turn. Is there someone that can helpus get a 2012 Member Cruise Logo for the September member cruise? There are several of us that would like to add it to our signatures but we do not know how to go about it. Also personally I would like to also get a 2010 if still possible. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Sorry to interruptthis thread but I don't know were else to turn. Is there someone that can helpus get a 2012 Member Cruise Logo for the September member cruise? There are several of us that would like to add it to our signatures but we do not know how to go about it. Also personally I would like to also get a 2010 if still possible. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Oh...I sent you a PM but I thought you wanted the logo for this MC. If you follow the directions I gave, just click on someone's 2012 MC logo, it should work. If not, you can give me a PM and I'll see if I can tweek the directions.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Are any cruisers going to be at Epcot's F&G? I'll be there April 18 to 23rd!:woohoo:

Have any of you done a Disney cruise in January? Just wondering what CC and Nassau are like in the beginning of January. I'm going more for the Member part of the cruise. I have such fond memories of the '05 MC!

I think there are still openings for both member cruises.

Have any of you done a Disney cruise in January? Just wondering what CC and Nassau are like in the beginning of January. I'm going more for the Member part of the cruise. I have such fond memories of the '05 MC!

We've done several January cruises. Two the weather was awesome (water a little chilly) but it was great to get your feet in the sand and the weather was nice. Once, we couldn't dock. Winds were knocking the water up over the dock and the captain didn't want to damage the ship (couldn't blame him - he drove by to let everyone see how bad it was).

Last time I did it, I did make little boxes out of scrapbook paper (I had a die cut that cut them out for me) and I filled them with mini candy canes (we cruised in December) and tied a ribbon around them. I also got a container of the light up bracelets for each cabin and some little card games trinkets for the kids. I'm a sorta crafty person (if I can see someone's idea, I'll can copy it).

We will probably drive down for this cruise and I'll have a little bit more room to do something else this time.

We've done several January cruises. Two the weather was awesome (water a little chilly) but it was great to get your feet in the sand and the weather was nice. Once, we couldn't dock. Winds were knocking the water up over the dock and the captain didn't want to damage the ship (couldn't blame him - he drove by to let everyone see how bad it was).

For me, this cruise is more about the Members part and being with DCuz who hasn't been on a DCL cruise before, and DSis who has. I do hope we do dock at CC. In 2005, DH and I didn't get our act together in time, so we didn't make it to the beach at CC to make being in the picture of the whole gang.

Our first DCL cruise was for DH's 60th birthday and that was in a November, being originally from NJ the water temp was just fine for me!:goodvibes Now I need lots of help walking on sand, so I don't know if swimming at CC will be possible, but I do know DSis and DCuz will be there for me if I want to give it a try.

We'll be coming from AKV, anyone else?

Hubby and I will be sailing on our first DVC Member Cruise with y'all! We called this morning and were able to get a 5C #7544 (looks like a great location). We are very excited to see how different a DVC Member Cruise is from a "regular" Disney Cruise and to meet everyone! :)

We are sailing on the Fantasy 5/19/2012 to celebrate hubby's retirement and it will be his first Disney Cruise (my 2nd). :banana:

Hubby and I will be sailing on our first DVC Member Cruise with y'all! We called this morning and were able to get a 5C #7544 (looks like a great location). We are very excited to see how different a DVC Member Cruise is from a "regular" Disney Cruise and to meet everyone! :)

We are sailing on the Fantasy 5/19/2012 to celebrate hubby's retirement and it will be his first Disney Cruise (my 2nd). :banana:

Welcome!

Congratulations on your Hubby's retirement!:banana: That happens next year for my DH! We're going on the Magic to celebrate that!:goodvibes

First members cruise glad they initiated 2 instead of one DW is a teacher and could not go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter