Jansen Family Trip Conclusion: We Shall Return!

DJBounce

DIS Veteran
Friday Morning....the first morning this week I don't have to get up at 5:15 to get ready for the parks. We all decided that today will be a day of R&R. Shelley has decided that she wants to go off to Wide WOrld of Sports and Darcey and I decided to hit up DD for some last min shopping and to walk all thoughout DD and the West Side. After breakfast at Trails End(Yum Yum) we head off to our respective destinations. We hit up every shop open at DD and find some good deals ( I got two T's for the price of one..clearance sale at Team Mickey). After walking all over DD and heading through PI to the West Side, we forgot a gift and headed back over to World of Disney and got the last min almost forgot darnit item. We are pooped and shopped out so we head back to to the campsite. It has been decided already that we are going to purchase a pop-top camp trailer for future camping excursions. The tent we bought is a good size cabin tent that will hold eight people (as long as they are short, thin, and can hold their breaths for a long time), but for six people with even just our sleeping bags and air mattresses it was quite cramped. It is a warm sunny and beautiful day in Florida and we opt to go Water Mice-ing and swimming later on. The Water Mice are $20 for 1/2 hour and they are fun to go out on and zip around the lagoon. I went past RC (down for rehab) and showed my 7 yo and told him that the next time we came down we would go there. After Water MIce we went to the Meadows pool. The pool was crowded as expected for such a nice day and the water was as warm as a hot tub. After some relaxation, it was time for one last surge on energy. We cleaned up, go get, dressed and headed over to MK for eats and the Main Street Electrical Parade. Note: Priority Seating is a good thing, especially if you don't have any. I ended up waiting 1/2 hr in line for hot dogs from a street vendor. After eating ,the parade was about to start. The lights went out and the vibrant, bright, elaborate, and fun characters of the parade came through and it was sure a sight to see. After the parade we said goodbye to our last day at the parks and the last day on our hoppers. We took the boat back to Ft Wilderness and watched the fireworks in the sky as we boated away, somewhat wistful and not looking foward to tomorrow.
Saturday Morning: Time to Go Home.
We got up and immediately got moving so we could get on the road ASAP. Shelley had come down to Terre Haute,IN from Davenport, IA (where we are originally from) and had heard that snow was in the forcast. We wanted to be on the road as early as possible so we could get Shelley home on Sunday before dark. Our trip home was not as exuberant and joyful as the trip down, but I would not think twice before driving down again. I rather enjoyed my time on the road and seeing the different states that I would not have if we have flown. This concludes my trip report as the final details of the drive home are not as important nor exciting as the trip itself. I would like to thank all of you who gave us advice prior to our trip. It was most helpful. And thanks to all of you who have suffered through my long reports. My next report will be filed approximately Summer of 2002 after our first trip to Disneyland and the Californian Adventure. Good Luck and God Speed.

DrewJ
The measure of a true hero is not the size of their strength, but the strength of their hearts.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I enjoyed it! Makes me think about perhaps camping at Disney also. I bet it is alot more economical than the Disney hotels!! Never stayed at a Disney hotel due to finances. This sounds like a good option. Thanks! :)

Wow! You all had a jam packed trip!! I admire your energy. I do agree about EE at the MK. It's the only way to do Fantasyland in that short a time period. Glad you had such a great time. Thanks for sharing!

excursions..... :D

Pumba.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter