Jan/Feb Weather

Skybaby

Mouseketeer
Considering taking a last minute 4 night cruise in Jan or Feb. My concern though is the weather. Would it be hot enough for the pools on the ship? Or the water at Castaway Cay? This is really important in deciding if we go.

Thanks for the input!

We took our first Disney Cruise four years ago, in February of 1999. It was very, very warm. Definitely warm enough to swim in the pools and on Castaway Cay. We are going again Feb 1-8. Can't wait! The weather was PERFECT!!

We just got back sat. from 7 day cruise (eastern); it was in the 30's when we left florida and very cold on the ship for the sailaway party! we had 13-20 foot waves during first 3 days at sea and gale force winds and rain. however, when we got to st. maarten and st. thomas, it was warm and sunny (80's); the water was still choppy due to wintertime winds. We were disappointed at castaway cay because it was much cooler (50's-60"s) and rainy--- water quite a bit cooler; we stayed out; very few ventured in. (florida and bahamas are not that warm right now.) however, the pools on the ship were heated (77-82 degrees) and even when we sailed away and it was chilly, the pool water and whirlpools were quite toasty. Barb

So in Jan/Feb the water is not real calm? We may take my mother and she has never cruised before. I don't want this to be an awful first time experience.

personally, I would opt for the somewhat slightly cooler temps of Jan and Feb, vs the oppressively hot, humid temps starting in May through September. Don't fret, because cold temps in Bahamas and islands are an exception to the rule in Jan and Feb, subject to weather fronts that move in fast, and clear out just as fast...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter