Jan 2005 trip .. Book now?

PrincessChelsey'sMOM

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW in January 2005. Should we book now, or wait. If we book now, is there a fee for adding a discount later? If we find a better discount, can we change more than once?

I would book now, if you know where you want to stay. Keep an eye on this board and Mousesavers.com for codes -- I think January codes, if they do come out, will be out around the middle or end of October -- then call and apply the code to your reservation, with no fee. there is a possibility the code may not work for the room you have reserved, so be prepared to be flexible a bit.
AAA rates are already out for most hotels for Jan. I don't have an AP, so I'm not sure about those rates.

There isn't a fee for changing your room only reservation. I have made my reservation for 12/05. However, I made it at CSR, which I can afford without a code. I'll upgrade to deluxe, if codes come out. It seems that codes are reduced if a resort is mostly booked.

I am so glad this was posted, as I had a question about this too. Just to make sure I have it straight:

I am going in Oct of next year. I can go ahead and make my reservations for a cabin now... and if a discount comes up between now and then, I can just call the Resort and have them apply the code? I was going to wait until closer to the time we go to see if I could discount on the cabin. But this sounds like I will be okay to do it now. I can afford to stay there as is, but I really wanted to try and save more money.
Is that pretty much it?

Thanks

Yes, that is true. We change ours at least once after making ressies almost every time. I always like to book in advance! We had AAA room rate only and changed to a package this year, then changed the pkg again and added a night and then dropped a night after making airline ressies. Seemed like we were getting confirmations every day in the mail.

I am already booked for October 2005! and have been since April 19, 2004.

I am staying at POP and hoping for codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!