Jan 2003 79$ at New Crowne Plaza

Erica

Mouseketeer
I was just at the www.crowneplaza.com site and found a rate of 79$ per night for staying in January. 99$ including full breakfast.

I know this resort is VERY new, however I have had excellent stays at Crowne Plazas in other parts of the US. Any feed back on this one yet? These rates seem tempting!

-Erica

We are vacationing w/our best friends and they are staying there for 1 week. We are meeting them down there on Tuesday (we are staying at HRH). They are paying a special rate of $69. I will post when I return on the 18th.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie, I will be looking forward to hearing how your trip was too!

-Erica

Erica,

I have to get up in 5 hours and I am not even in bed yet!!!!!! I am stressing about the little things now.

Anyway, spoke w/ our friends last evening; they say the Crowne Plaza is beautiful!!!!!!!! They cannot get over the room rate. The rooms are lovely and big; the lobby HUGE. They did say the restaurant was a little pricey - but remember, they are paying Canadian Dollars so they put 1.5 to our 1. She called me this morning and said they are so happy there. They were going to move over to the HRH when we arrived tomorrow, but decided to stay. The pool is also nice, but I think they said it was kidney shaped (sounds smaller). I will see for myself. But, in the meantime, everything else sounds wonderful!!!!!!!! All for $69!

Will write when I return!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie:D

Erica:

Check with www.hotelkingdom.com

They had been quoting $69.90 but I see they're asking for you to call for rates in Jan 2003. Call them and see if they will beat your rate, since they do guarantee the lowest rate.

I would think twice before adding $20 a night for breakfast. Depends on how many people are with you, I guess.

Found that rate of 69$ there for new years eve!
:eek:
Now if I can convince work that I REALLY need it off!

Thanks all for the input!

-Erica

Awesome! I love it when someone gets a great deal!

Let us know how it goes!

I just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone has feedback for this place yet.

I still can't decide if I want to stay here or "break the bank" for an on property experience.

Only 11 more days!

Brenda

Hi All!

Just returned and visited our friends at Crowne Plaza several times.

It is a beautiful hotel. Pool is on the small size for such a huge hotel. The rooms are generous in size, nicely appointed, with the bathroom size being standard. Our friends had a pool view room which was ok - nothing to see but a pool and the parking lot behind it.

The restaurant is pricey. The starting price for the entrees were $15. They do have a little pizzaria/sandwich shop in the hotel too - but my friends said everytime they would pass it they never saw anyone in there.

Here is the bad news. They didn't have many families there. Right now, they are loaded with teenaged european tour groups. Our friends had to go down to the front desk 3 nights in a row because the kids were running up and down the halls "partying" at 3 am!!!!!!!! They had to go down to the front desk because no one ever answered the phone. They apologized to our friends, sent security up to round up everyone with the "threat" that they were all going to be asked to leave - they never followed through............ I was present when my girlfriend confronted mgmt. when 3 more tour busses arrived with a bevy of teens running through the front door. Mgmt. told her that they have rooms to fill room and are accepting these tour groups - these tour group are getting the rooms cheaper than $69 a night! Our friends asked to be moved, but were told that the rooms on the upper floors were not ready yet (she was on 3).
This is the typical time of year when these tour groups come in - maybe it will be better after summer.

Also, she got her room at $69 a night by calling the hotel directly and asking them to match the hotelkingdom.com rate - which they did.

Hope this helps........... Any questions just ask.

Debbie:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter