JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kimmar067 said:
deluxe room, so it was just a bit larger, since it had a couch in it [that opened up into a bed - didn't use it, tho'!] Let's see is I can make a fair comparison:

QUOTE]

Just to mention, we did not have a couch (or fold-out bed) in our deluxe room when we stayed in concierge. We were on the fifth floor and had a beautiful savannah room. The room was great (included a fridge, which we had not had on our previous regular savannah rooms) but there were only the two queen beds, a little table and two small sitting chairs...no couch for us!

....Hmmmm, very interesting. I suppose it was because we had bunks???!?!?!

Leota ~
You will not be disappointed with AKL! And, as for the novelty of seeing the animals wearing off, I thought that would happen to us, but NO WAY!! We couldn't wait to go to our balcony to check out who was 'dropping by'!!

What is this code?

Does anyone know?

Are you calling AKL directly and asking?

How do you get....the code? LOL

Kimmar thanks for the previous info.

Thanks

edjbiologist said:
What is this code?

Does anyone know?

Are you calling AKL directly and asking?

How do you get....the code? LOL

Kimmar thanks for the previous info.

Thanks

If you go to www.mousesavers.com you can see if codes are available for your dates.

Okay Kim...you convinced me! Now I just have to wait until a code comes out for Nov.(pre-cruise overnighter)! It seems like it would be a great place to just enjoy the pool and restaurants!

Thank you so much for the info and pics!! :sunny:
I recently decided to change from CSR to AKL..I was skeptical but now I know I made the right choice! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I also want to thank you for the great pictures. We leave in 10 days for 3 nights at AKL. We have never stayed there and are looking forward to it. I am really getting excited!! :flower:

AspiringCindy said:
Okay Kim...you convinced me! Now I just have to wait until a code comes out for Nov.(pre-cruise overnighter)! It seems like it would be a great place to just enjoy the pool and restaurants!
....don't say I didn't warn ya!! :teeth:

Wow what a great thread!!! I have been contemplating taking 4 nights of our 10 from POFQ and either try AKL or WL and was leaning toward WL because it seems closer and easier to get to the parks but from the sounds of it AKL has great transportation and shouldn't be a concern. Am I right???? Also we have PS for several things at GF on days we will be at AKL is it hard to get to other hotels from there??

Yes Doodlebug , you are right. The AKL has great transportation. :cool1:
It is however a bit of a chore to get to any resort from another one that is not on the monorail (or boat)
You will have to take a transfer.
Others might be able to help you more with this.

Thanks MrsJ Henry.... I just called and I can get AKL Savannah view for $199.00 or Woodview $170.00 & Courtyard $192.00 at WL with AP in mid April (peak season).. Oh decisions, decisions!!

doodlebug said:
Thanks MrsJ Henry.... I just called and I can get AKL Savannah view for $199.00...

...may I ask, how did you get that price?? Did you use a code?? (we have friends that will be going in April and she was quoted $289/nite for std view).

doodlebug said:
Thanks MrsJ Henry.... I just called and I can get AKL Savannah view for $199.00 or Woodview $170.00 & Courtyard $192.00 at WL with AP in mid April (peak season).. Oh decisions, decisions!!

Wow! That is a great rate. How did you get that, if I may ask? I called yesterday and the best I could do was $288 a night for Savanah view with AAA discount. I'd love to get your rate. Was it a postcard rate?

We got $179 for WL woods view for mid-April using BDP. The vacation begins on the last day of BDP, so we were given the code rate for the entire stay (which is short, but better than nothing!) :banana:

kimmar067 said:
...may I ask, how did you get that price?? Did you use a code?? (we have friends that will be going in April and she was quoted $289/nite for std view).

I am purchasing an AP and that is the discount they are having for Peak Season :cool1:

We are staying 10 nights at POFQ so it was a savings of over $600.00 by purchasing the AP and now even more if we decide to go 4 nights at AKL or WL

kimmar067 said:
...purchase your AP?? (and, how much did you pay??)

For the AP?? $395.00 and would have had to pay $230.00 for my 10 day hopper so for with the extra for the AP and the discount at POFQ I am still saving around $600.00 so it's worth it for me to buy and AP. Also I can use the AP to get discounts all over the resort for our 11 day stay :cool1:

kimmar067 said:
Excellent!! :banana:

My thoughts exactly!!! So can I ask you something since you loved AKL so much? Where should I request my Savannah View room?? :) We will have 2 kids (ages 4 & 7) and don't want to be too far away from the central part of the resort but want a good view to wake up too!!!

And would you pick AKL over WL for a party like ours? Don't want to have to worry about transportation taking sooooo long being way out at AKL..

For anyone considering the pool view at AKL, I can't say enough about how wonderful it is. The view is breathtaking of the gorgeous pool area but our balcony still felt private enough with the tropical foliage and trees in front of it. Plus you get the best proximity to food court, pool (of course), animal lookouts, lobby, everything!! At night the pool is light at the bottom with lights that look like turtles and they pipe in music, so sit on your balcony with a drink and enjoy! The balconies are so large also! It was never noisy in our room as we found in other resorts we've been with a pool view. Just thought this may be of interest to someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter