Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can someone tell me which option to pick to get my ticker to display the image? HTML, Image URL, etc?

Nevermind got it!

Hi all! We have not been to Disney since 2018 pre covid. We now have a 4 yr old boy. Hubby has some mobility issues/is blind. Right now we have 2 ressies, one at WL and another at Jambo DVC Studio Standard View (regular room reservation, not actual DVC). I have heard many things that the distance (from room to everywhere) may be a problem. Any thoughts? Also wondering about discounts for March 2023 (if this is ever discounted). Main reason for studio is we are not eating indoors due to Covid

Am I having deja vu? I feel like I've replied to you before.

In the past, sometimes DVC rooms were discounted.
Will there be any hotel room discounts in March 2023? Who knows. Disney will not discount unless they think they need to fill more rooms according to whatever math they're doing to optimize profits.
If they decide to do some hotel room discounts, will Jambo House studios be included for your dates? Will Wilderness Lodge be included for your dates for the type of room you want? Who knows.

Jambo House does have long halls.
But the halls at Wilderness Lodge aren't exactly short.
Jambo House hallways: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge
WIlderness Lodge hallways: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-wilderness-lodge

I understand that you don't want to eat indoors at restaurants. You might want to ponder where you will get food, and how you will prepare it. If you want to get takeout in Jambo House, your only option is The Mara. Some people like its food, and others don't. Wilderness Lodge has Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. Check out the menus.

Both hotels sell food in the gift shop.

A studio will have a kitchenette sink, microwave, toaster, and fridge. A hotel room will have a fridge or a beverage cooler. When you think about eating in the room, do you plan to use the sink, microwave and toaster? If no, then perhaps studio versus hotel room doesn't matter to you.

You can have groceries delivered, or go to a grocery store.

You can use Grubhub or Doordash to have meals delivered.

Edited to add: if you're in a studio, the 4-year old is either sleeping in the queen-size bed with you and your spouse, or on the pull-out sofa. If on the sofa, either you're pulling the bed part out every night and pushing it back every morning, or you're walking around it all the time. If you are in a Wilderness Lodge hotel room, the 4-year-old can get his/her own bed.

Last edited:
Hi all! We have not been to Disney since 2018 pre covid. We now have a 4 yr old boy. Hubby has some mobility issues/is blind. Right now we have 2 ressies, one at WL and another at Jambo DVC Studio Standard View (regular room reservation, not actual DVC). I have heard many things that the distance (from room to everywhere) may be a problem. Any thoughts? Also wondering about discounts for March 2023 (if this is ever discounted). Main reason for studio is we are not eating indoors due to Covid
One thing I'd suggest is to request a room near an elevator, either facing the pool or close to the lobby. If you've reserved a room with accessibility accommodations then there may not be as many options, but being by the lobby would obviously keep you close to everything but the pool isn't far from the lobby and would offer a nicer view and atmosphere than rooms by the lobby facing the parking lot.

I'm also planning a trip in March. Landed a couple nights in a Value 1BR and hoping my mom, why has mobility issues, will come with us. She's never been to WDW and would most likely avoid the parks, but I think she'll really enjoy AKL and I found Jambo to be pretty easy to navigate.

Anyhow, I hope you and your family have a great trip. You'll be in two really great resorts so already off to a good start. Good luck!

There is a room just to the right of the lobby (heading towards the bus transportation, laundry room, and community hall area). There are tables and chairs that overlook the savanna area. It is very nice.
PERFECT thank you! I don't have to stress about when to book Sanaa then, we can just do take out!

Am I having deja vu? I feel like I've replied to you before.

In the past, sometimes DVC rooms were discounted.
Will there be any hotel room discounts in March 2023? Who knows. Disney will not discount unless they think they need to fill more rooms according to whatever math they're doing to optimize profits.
If they decide to do some hotel room discounts, will Jambo House studios be included for your dates? Will Wilderness Lodge be included for your dates for the type of room you want? Who knows.

Jambo House does have long halls.
But the halls at Wilderness Lodge aren't exactly short.
Jambo House hallways: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge
WIlderness Lodge hallways: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-wilderness-lodge

I understand that you don't want to eat indoors at restaurants. You might want to ponder where you will get food, and how you will prepare it. If you want to get takeout in Jambo House, your only option is The Mara. Some people like its food, and others don't. Wilderness Lodge has Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. Check out the menus.

Both hotels sell food in the gift shop.

A studio will have a kitchenette sink, microwave, toaster, and fridge. A hotel room will have a fridge or a beverage cooler. When you think about eating in the room, do you plan to use the sink, microwave and toaster? If no, then perhaps studio versus hotel room doesn't matter to you.

You can have groceries delivered, or go to a grocery store.

You can use Grubhub or Doordash to have meals delivered.

Edited to add: if you're in a studio, the 4-year old is either sleeping in the queen-size bed with you and your spouse, or on the pull-out sofa. If on the sofa, either you're pulling the bed part out every night and pushing it back every morning, or you're walking around it all the time. If you are in a Wilderness Lodge hotel room, the 4-year-old can get his/her own bed.
Hi, thanks for all of the info. I have only posted about this once. I am never on the boards anymore but I probably will be soon since we plan to come! We have been at WL before and no issues with the halls. Never been to AKL.

I think based on your info, WL does sounds better. We have a picky eater too.

One thing I'd suggest is to request a room near an elevator, either facing the pool or close to the lobby. If you've reserved a room with accessibility accommodations then there may not be as many options, but being by the lobby would obviously keep you close to everything but the pool isn't far from the lobby and would offer a nicer view and atmosphere than rooms by the lobby facing the parking lot.

I'm also planning a trip in March. Landed a couple nights in a Value 1BR and hoping my mom, why has mobility issues, will come with us. She's never been to WDW and would most likely avoid the parks, but I think she'll really enjoy AKL and I found Jambo to be pretty easy to navigate.

Anyhow, I hope you and your family have a great trip. You'll be in two really great resorts so already off to a good start. Good luck!
thank you! Noted about where to request a room

Can you use the kidani pool and splash pad if staying at Jambo house? (We are DVC owners at Kidani but I didn’t think that mattered…) Thanks!!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
August
8/20 - 8/27 tinkerdee AKL
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/22 - 8/27 MadTownKats - Jambo
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/10 igrsod - AKL
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
9/5 - 9/11 Gerweniel - Jambo
9/10 - 9/20 PixieT78 - AKL
9/14 - 9/17 titaniumfemme - Jambo
9/18 - 9/21 sipnride - AKL
October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL

Hello everyone! I just booked my first ever stay at Kidani! It is my dream to stay at AKL, so I am so excited! I don't know very much about this resort, other that what it looks like, so I will definitely be studying this thread.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
August
8/20 - 8/27 tinkerdee AKL
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/22 - 8/27 MadTownKats - Jambo
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/10 igrsod - AKL
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
9/5 - 9/11 Gerweniel - Jambo
9/10 - 9/20 PixieT78 - AKL
9/14 - 9/17 titaniumfemme - Jambo
9/18 - 9/21 sipnride - AKL
October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
December
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL
We’ll be at Jambo House 10/4 - 10/8 2022

For anyone that has had a package shipped to the resort. I saw that I need to add "GUEST" & arrival date on the label of the package. Is there anything else that I need to have? Has anyone had any issues having packages delivered?

Can anyone tell me if the mini fridge in the DVC STUDIOS have a freezer compartment? We have stayed in them a zillion times and I can not for the life of me remember.

Can anyone tell me if the mini fridge in the DVC STUDIOS have a freezer compartment? We have stayed in them a zillion times and I can not for the life of me remember.
I was in a DVC studio in May. The mini fridge had a freezer shelf but not an actual freezer. It won't keep things as cold as a regular freezer and was not that big. I doubt you could fit something like a full size carton of ice cream in it. I only used it to store breakfast sandwiches and I had a hard time squeezing in every sandwich (I bought a pack of 8).

For anyone that has had a package shipped to the resort. I saw that I need to add "GUEST" & arrival date on the label of the package. Is there anything else that I need to have? Has anyone had any issues having packages delivered?
I also put my reservation number in the address.

I have shipped to myself several times. I put the name of the hotel and then "Hold for Guest Best Aunt"

No need for arrival date or reservation number.

If you are filling out a company's shipping form, there probably won't be space for the extra stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!