Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

....Also, what type of coffee makers are now in standard rooms? I hate that the coffee doesn't start getting served till MUCH later than this old body wakes up :)
Basket filters. Also, Mara starts serving at 6:30 am- coffee and grab and go items.

My room is non DVC...I'm guessing Jambo (does the other section have regular rooms??). Keurig would be great!!!
No, Kidani is all DVC, so regular hotel rooms are all at Jambo. Hope you enjoy your trip, AKL is one of my favorite resorts!

Standard non-DVC rooms at Jambo had Keurigs when I stayed there in January.
Do the standard rooms have coffee mugs and glasses or just paper cups?
I find coffee tastes better in a mug but I can always buy one at the gift shop.

I only remember seeing paper cups, but I'm not 100% positive that there weren't any mugs.

In May there were foam hot beverage cups and paper cups. The paper cups were cheap and flimsy. They haven't had glasses or mugs since covid hit. Wish they'd bring them back.

thank you so much!!! This basket type, is that for loose coffee? or the prefilled filter type pods?
Like a Mr. Coffee machine- loose coffee into a filter that sits in a "basket" in the top of a coffee maker. Not the pre-filled Keurig pods.

ETA: This is for the DVC rooms at Jambo. There are also refillable mugs for sale at The Mara- you can get coffee, tea, or fountain drinks in them during your stay.

Does anyone know how long the front desk will hold a package? My friend is staying there before we are and she would like to leave a package for us if possible.

Does anyone know how long the front desk will hold a package? My friend is staying there before we are and she would like to leave a package for us if possible.
I haven't done this personally, but in the past people have posted about leaving things for other guests such as pool noodles, Christmas trees, and leftover groceries. I don't recall anybody posting about a time limit. I also think these things were left with Bell Services, not the front desk.

I haven't done this personally, but in the past people have posted about leaving things for other guests such as pool noodles, Christmas trees, and leftover groceries. I don't recall anybody posting about a time limit. I also think these things were left with Bell Services, not the front desk.
That is why I asked because at POP they will hold something for 2 weeks and it is at the front desk not bell services. I was wondering if it was different at AKL

Anyone recently in AKL: Looking for a general idea of the prepared food-staples found in Johari Treasures and Zawadi Marketplace. IE Cereal, Peanut Butter, Bread, etc... Anyone recall the pricing? Wondering if we will ship ourselves a small Amazon order or just go with what's in the goft shops. Thanks so much! If anyone has a recent photo of the section it would be FAB. We'll be arrving Aug 18th :)

Anyone recently in AKL: Looking for a general idea of the prepared food-staples found in Johari Treasures and Zawadi Marketplace. IE Cereal, Peanut Butter, Bread, etc... Anyone recall the pricing? Wondering if we will ship ourselves a small Amazon order or just go with what's in the goft shops. Thanks so much! If anyone has a recent photo of the section it would be FAB. We'll be arrving Aug 18th :)

If a hotel has a DVC section, people often look at the grocery order form to get an idea of what is sold in the hotel's gift shop (because grocery orders are filled from the gift shop). Here is the grocery order form for AKV:

https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...resorts/DAKL_Grocery_Order_Form_July_2021.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter