Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

When I made my room request, I asked for close to the transport. I'm staying at Kidani. I would quite like to be closer to the walk to Jambo House and thought that might be the best bet for not being too far from anything. I only requested that, hoping it would get me a more suitable location, should I make a second request or leave it? First time staying there! Going in November and looking forward to it. I'm in Savannah View btw.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020
If you have any updates please let me know…
June
6/9 - 6/13 Sarahslay - AKL
6/13 - 6/16 Bearval - AKL
6/16 - 6/24 twinprincesses09 - AKL
6/18 - 6/25 traveler000mkl - AKL
6/19 - 6/23 usernamechuck - AKL Jambo
6/26 - 6/30 kdogfister - AKL Jambo
6/30 bobbie68 - AKL CL
July
7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC
7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL
7/19 - 7/22 eratess - AKL Jambo
7/24 - 7/31 Lilysmom - Kidani
7/28 - 7/31 DisneyDiana - AKV CL
7/28 - 8/3 cakebaker - AKL CL
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
September
9/2 - 9/10 sethschroeder AKL
9/3 - 9/10 Micharlotte AKL
9/7 - 9/13 Jennasis - AKL
9/9 - 9/19 BabyFu18 - AKL
9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani
October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
November
11/7 - 11/10 DisneyDiana - Kidani
11/12 - 11/17 minie_meese - AKL Jambo
11/16 - 11/18 RADOPT - AKL CL
11/23 - 11/28 Shelleyfs - AKV
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
January
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
February
March
April
May
June

6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV
:worship:....as usual, you've done a SUPERB JOB!

I hadn't considered this until now for our stay at the end of June, but are the refurbishments impacting the DVC Deluxe Studio Savanna Views or just the non-DVC rooms? Is it possible our DVC room would be refurbished or are those rooms treated differently when it comes time for this kind of work?

I hadn't considered this until now for our stay at the end of June, but are the refurbishments impacting the DVC Deluxe Studio Savanna Views or just the non-DVC rooms? Is it possible our DVC room would be refurbished or are those rooms treated differently when it comes time for this kind of work?

The DVC rooms were done in 2016, they are not part of the current refurbishment.

This may sound crazy but we are planning on a trip in August, is it too hot for the animals will there be less of them around during that time of year... debating whether we should put off AKL until our trip in the spring to make it more worthwhile?

This may sound crazy but we are planning on a trip in August, is it too hot for the animals will there be less of them around during that time of year... debating whether we should put off AKL until our trip in the spring to make it more worthwhile?
Not too hot for the animals at all, for us visitors though you will need to plan accordingly.. plenty of rest stops, drink plenty of water and time in air conditioning is a must.

Right now pool view is the only option for those days. Switching rooms is not a big deal, but I’m kind of in the dark about pool view room requests. Anyone have a specific room number or “pod” they’d recommend?

My dad and I loved our pool view room. We had 4028.
43035341782_5a415e4d6b_c.jpg

This was our view:
28216862297_e33d23a23d_c.jpg

29224974358_36ee9f58a8_c.jpg

I really loved the view.
42384610954_a4da7f761b_c.jpg

It's close to the lobby (but there is a pod of rooms that are even a bit closer) and it's also close to another set of elevators that goes down straight to the pool. It was a super convenient walk to the pool and The Mara!

Not too hot for the animals at all, for us visitors though you will need to plan accordingly.. plenty of rest stops, drink plenty of water and time in air conditioning is a must.
Thank you!! We have done the summer in the parks but never AKL I didn’t want disappointed kids if it was too hot for the zebras and birds to be around

Here now in room 3326 Kudu trail standard view. We have one of the new rooms and I love it! Also a great partial savanna view. Last Aug. we had room 3318 so I knew the views with a standard room in this area were good. No work going on out in the savanna in this area. It appears to be happening in the main look out on the Arusha savanna on the left side. They are working in some of the rooms further up from us closer to the lobby.
For a standard room I feel like we lucked out with the new room and a great view!

We are doing a split stay and will be there for our 2nd half of our split stay on 12/26-12/30, club level.🎄🦒🦓:jumping1:
December
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

We’ll be there Dec.7-14. First time at AKL, very excited!
December
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

WOW!!! I just ran into Pete and Jackie from the Dis walking down the hallway on the way to my room at AKL! What are the odds! They were so nice and gracious! Pete clearly saw that I recognized them and ended his phone call to say hi to me! Trip highlight for sure!

Here now in room 3326 Kudu trail standard view. We have one of the new rooms and I love it! Also a great partial savanna view. Last Aug. we had room 3318 so I knew the views with a standard room in this area were good. No work going on out in the savanna in this area. It appears to be happening in the main look out on the Arusha savanna on the left side. They are working in some of the rooms further up from us closer to the lobby.
For a standard room I feel like we lucked out with the new room and a great view!
Thanks for the info! We head to AKL on the 9th of July coming from Ireland. I haven;t told the family yet and they think we are staying in POFQ. I think I will wait till the Magical Express to give the news.

I am going to try to request a room close to your room. We stayed 2 nights last year on the 3rd floor in room 3234 which is the first section on the Kudu trail 3rd floor overlooking Sunset Savannah (rooms 3210 -> 3238). The view from here was amazing but It seems that the construction work is happening in the rooms across the halls from here. I wonder if these rooms are now noisy. We do spend some time in the room in the afternoons with the kids being young so noise wouldnt be ideal.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good location in a Kidani standard view studio? We are staying DVC, and will be requesting close to lobby. That is our first priority, but it would be nice not to be overlooking the parking lot if possible (if not, no big deal).

Currently here now and I can't believe I didn't do my research. We are club level savannah view. Had no idea about the construction. I think I am a little frustrated that I didn't receive an email from Disney informing me this would be happening during my stay. :( Either way, the construction vehicles are close to the building and the noise can get loud. Nothing too early yet, fingers crossed. The animals are not around at those times but they do feed them close to the rooms at times, so you will still have the opportunity of seeing them. It just may not be as often as normal. The construction also impacts the walk to club level. We have to go down one floor on an elevator, down a long hall, through the lobby and up in another elevator to get there. Make sure you call ahead if this will bother you and request a room closer to the club level. And a friendly reminder to do your homework about your hotels, don't rely on the hotel to inform you of what is happening on property.

Currently here now and I can't believe I didn't do my research. We are club level savannah view. Had no idea about the construction. I think I am a little frustrated that I didn't receive an email from Disney informing me this would be happening during my stay. :( Either way, the construction vehicles are close to the building and the noise can get loud. Nothing too early yet, fingers crossed. The animals are not around at those times but they do feed them close to the rooms at times, so you will still have the opportunity of seeing them. It just may not be as often as normal. The construction also impacts the walk to club level. We have to go down one floor on an elevator, down a long hall, through the lobby and up in another elevator to get there. Make sure you call ahead if this will bother you and request a room closer to the club level. And a friendly reminder to do your homework about your hotels, don't rely on the hotel to inform you of what is happening on property.
What area is your room in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts