Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Does anyone know how often the Kidani/Jambo shuttle runs? We were hoping to have breakfast at Sanaa once or twice before heading to the parks but were wondering how time consuming that would be..

It’s a small white bus (stopped being a mini van a couple of years ago) and runs between the 2 lobbies - max of 10 minutes, maybe?
Traditionally the park buses pick up and drop off at Kidani first, Jambo second and the DS buses pick up and drop off at Jambo first and Kidani second. Always ask as sometimes that varies.

We had the same experience when we were there last month - never waited more than 10 minutes for the shuttle, and usually less.

I’m planning Boma on a Saturday night during my upcoming September trip. Is this a must reservation place or can I walk up and still get a table so I don’t have to be so locked in to a time?
definite not a walk up. that can happen but not very likely

Thanks to the room discount, and a little “Disney math”, my family switched from POFQ to AKL for our June trip. I’m crazy excited. This has been one of my dream resorts! At this time, we’re planning to keep the resort change a secret from our sons. I’m driving and hope to keep it a surprise until they notice we’re pulling into the resort :)
we did this 3 years ago and we never went back to our home resort of over 25 years POFQ. our home resort is now AKL lol

I’m heading to AKL in a few weeks and I’m really looking forward to staying at this beautiful resort. My only concern is transportation. Do you have any tips for transportation to the parks? It seems that the bus picks up (and fills up) at Kidani Village then goes to Jambo House. Should we head to Kidani Village and take the bus from there? Can we walk to Kidani Village from Jambo House? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm so excited to be heading to AKL Jambo this summer! I've always wanted to stay there and I found a deal that I couldn't refuse! We have 3 full days at Disney and my plan is to not do any parks. My family thinks I'm crazy! So am I crazy?

I'm so excited to be heading to AKL Jambo this summer! I've always wanted to stay there and I found a deal that I couldn't refuse! We have 3 full days at Disney and my plan is to not do any parks. My family thinks I'm crazy! So am I crazy?

Not at all. We've done three 7 night no parks trips and thoroughly enjoyed each one. You're going to have a blast. Enjoy!

I’m heading to AKL in a few weeks and I’m really looking forward to staying at this beautiful resort. My only concern is transportation. Do you have any tips for transportation to the parks? It seems that the bus picks up (and fills up) at Kidani Village then goes to Jambo House. Should we head to Kidani Village and take the bus from there? Can we walk to Kidani Village from Jambo House? Thanks in advance for your help!

In all my stays at AKL Jambo House, I have never felt like I needed to walk to Kidani to get good bus service. It is rare that we haven't been able to get on the first bus that arrives at Jambo. One thing that may be difficult is if you have two ECVs, or other devices that need to be tied down, as those could certainly all be filled at Kidani even if there is room on the bus. If you want to walk to Kidani it is about 10 min or a little less, there is also a shuttle that picks up at the front of the resorts and goes between the two.

Hi I am staying there on night and two days this summer with no park time. We have stayed at AKL before and love it. I think it is a great idea to do resort only and you will have fun!

I'm very excited to be staying at AKL Jambo House from July 29-August 6th. What is your absolute favorite resort activity besides animal watching? We have a fair amount of resort time scheduled. Do they still do the African face painting?

If you are crazy, then I am too. We are doing the same thing in July. This will be a first for us though. We are looking forward to it. This will also be our first club level stay, so we have a new resort and that to look forward to.

Good morning! I’m planning a trip for my family’s first stay at the AKL in January/February 2020. I’ve only ever visited AKL for dining and some sightseeing on previous trips and I cannot wait to experience it as a resort guest.

I’m planning on renting DVC points to stay in a 2-bedroom villa. This is the first time I’m renting points so I have several questions regarding that and some AKL-specific questions. Is this the right place to ask? You all are so knowledgeable and I’m excited to become part of the AKL-knowledgeable family soon!

Thanks to the discounts for this June, booked our arrival night at AKL. We are meeting up with my family at WL, but we are coming in a day early to get settled. Originally was going to book at POFQ, but when the discounts came out, was able to book a standard view, non DVC room for a bit more (and actually the same price as a standard view Princess room at POR, crazy!).

I've stayed at Kidani with friends in 2013 and loved the whole AKL complex. We spent a lot of time at the parks, so I didn't feel like we got to fully enjoy the resort. This time, we will be flying in at 5:30 pm, and all we have is down time at the resort until we move over to WL. Planning to do a late lunch at Sanaa before we head to WL. Really looking forward to the calm before we start hitting the parks. This will be my stepson 15's first Disney trip, plus my then 19 mth olds first trip. It'll be my DH 2nd time, but first at AKL.

Thanks to the discounts for this June, booked our arrival night at AKL. We are meeting up with my family at WL, but we are coming in a day early to get settled. Originally was going to book at POFQ, but when the discounts came out, was able to book a standard view, non DVC room for a bit more (and actually the same price as a standard view Princess room at POR, crazy!).

I've stayed at Kidani with friends in 2013 and loved the whole AKL complex. We spent a lot of time at the parks, so I didn't feel like we got to fully enjoy the resort. This time, we will be flying in at 5:30 pm, and all we have is down time at the resort until we move over to WL....
....ANOTHER lovely resort.....

If you are crazy, then I am too. We are doing the same thing in July. This will be a first for us though. We are looking forward to it. This will also be our first club level stay, so we have a new resort and that to look forward to.
.....love, love, LOVE the 6th floor AKL lounge!

...not at all....there is so much to love about this resort!

....ANOTHER lovely resort.....

I've stayed at WL three times now, and it just feels like home. And with the toddler, the proximity to MK won out over AKL for the full trip. We rented points and are staying in a 2 bed villa at BRV. Previously have stayed at a Savannah view 2 bed villa at Kidani. I like the layout of Kidani's villa better, especially the third bathroom and sleeping chair, but the closeness of MK won out. I'm hoping that my DH really likes AKL and we can book there for our next trip in late 2020 or summer 2021. That will be a Star Wars trip, so MK won't be as big of a priority.

Good morning! I’m planning a trip for my family’s first stay at the AKL in January/February 2020. I’ve only ever visited AKL for dining and some sightseeing on previous trips and I cannot wait to experience it as a resort guest.

I’m planning on renting DVC points to stay in a 2-bedroom villa. This is the first time I’m renting points so I have several questions regarding that and some AKL-specific questions. Is this the right place to ask? You all are so knowledgeable and I’m excited to become part of the AKL-knowledgeable family soon!

You can ask here, or there is an AKV thread over in the DVC section of the DIS. I dream of an AKV 2 bedroom villa, but it is likely too much space for just the two of us.

Ask away, we will do what we can to answer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!