Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We have never stayed here before, usually stay at CSR or CBR, but are thinking of staying June 2019 now that the discounts are out and it's not much more than CSR or CBR. If we did, we would reserve a standard view. However, I'm not sure which to reserve- AKL standard view or Jambo House Studio- standard view. Other than one having 2 queens, and the other 1 queen and a sleeper sofa, what is the difference? AKL standard view is about $30 cheaper and I like having the 2 queens. From what I can understand, it is also in Jambo House. Since the Jambo House studio is more expensive and has the sleeper sofa instead of the 2nd queen, is there any reason to book this over the AKL standard room? Thanks!

We have never stayed here before, usually stay at CSR or CBR, but are thinking of staying June 2019 now that the discounts are out and it's not much more than CSR or CBR. If we did, we would reserve a standard view. However, I'm not sure which to reserve- AKL standard view or Jambo House Studio- standard view. Other than one having 2 queens, and the other 1 queen and a sleeper sofa, what is the difference? AKL standard view is about $30 cheaper and I like having the 2 queens. From what I can understand, it is also in Jambo House. Since the Jambo House studio is more expensive and has the sleeper sofa instead of the 2nd queen, is there any reason to book this over the AKL standard room? Thanks!
AKL standard view is going to be a hotel room layout. AKL Jambo House studio is a DVC unit (much nicer IMO).

The DVC studio has a kitchenette which will include a toaster and a microwave (along with a coffee maker and fridge which the regular room would have too). It is convenient if you plan on having light meals in your room.

Just a heads up. I called to find a military discount for Standard View in Feb or early April. It was very difficult since FL discounts were not available either for AKL. I did manage to get a military discount for SV at the end of Apr. because we are flexible. Looking forward to being back at AKL!!

Upgraded from POFQ to AKL with the new discount for my 30th bday trip in May..it will be the first time in 11 years that my husband and I vacation without the kids and I cannot wait! Only going for 3 nights but we are going to try to eat at Jiko, Boma and Sanaa to get the complete AKL experience.

If you choose the queen bed/sofa studio you'll be on the 5th floor, the regular rooms in Jambo will be on floor 4 or lower.

Hey, I'm not sure if Brandi is still doing the guest list/ thingee for trips, but if she/ you are can you add us. Please. AKV(Jambo) 7/9-14 & BRV7/14-19th...Thanks.
....add me too!!!

Jan 21-23, 2019 ASSp

[...not sure if I had previously mentioned it, but my DS was accepted to the DCP...]

Last edited:

Upgraded from POFQ to AKL with the new discount for my 30th bday trip in May..it will be the first time in 11 years that my husband and I vacation without the kids and I cannot wait! Only going for 3 nights but we are going to try to eat at Jiko, Boma and Sanaa to get the complete AKL experience.
...great choices!

Jiko on your arrival day for dinner since it is available through opentable in case there is a holdup for some reason you won't be charged
Sanaa for lunch if you plan on spending a morning by the pool (Sanaa opens at 11:30 for lunch)… maybe follow it up with grazing around the F&G kiosks?
Boma for breakfast on your departure day if your flight leaves late enough

Jiko on your arrival day for dinner since it is available through opentable in case there is a holdup for some reason you won't be charged
Sanaa for lunch if you plan on spending a morning by the pool (Sanaa opens at 11:30 for lunch)… maybe follow it up with grazing around the F&G kiosks?
Boma for breakfast on your departure day if your flight leaves late enough

I've already got my Boma breakfast res. for departure day.. but our arrival day we wont land at MCO until 8pm so I'm thinking we will hang out in the lounge that night. Is Sanaa usually pretty easy to get same day reservations for lunch? Its tricky trying to figure out what time we would be back at the resort for a break.

....add me too!!!

Jan 21-23, 2109 ASSp

[...not sure if I had previously mentioned it, but my DS was accepted to the DCP...]

Congrats to your son!! My DD, who never came home from the DCP and has now been a CM for 4 years, just had to say “goodbye” to many of the CPs who worked with her at WL the last 6 months. That’s always very hard on her - she loves the CPs! They form some really strong friendships :love:

We loved Boma and we are not adventurous eaters. We liked it so much that on our next trip we’ll try Sanaa or Jiko!

I've already got my Boma breakfast res. for departure day.. but our arrival day we wont land at MCO until 8pm so I'm thinking we will hang out in the lounge that night. Is Sanaa usually pretty easy to get same day reservations for lunch? Its tricky trying to figure out what time we would be back at the resort for a break.

If you get to AKL before 10, there is a chance you could walk up to Jiko and be seated or you could sit at Cape Town Lounge and have access to the full Jiko menu. It doesn't hurt to check MDE or OT when you are on your way to AKL to see if there are any ADRs available. Victoria Falls has a very limited, non-Jiko related menu. Lunch at Sanaa is a lot easier to get a same day ADR then trying to get a same day ADR for dinner.

This is what I have been debating on. I went ahead and booked the standard deluxe studio but not sure if I want just standard view. The price is not much more for the studio. I think the standard studio rooms are on the 5th floor? Does anyone know exactly where they are located? Are they strung out every where or just near the pool?

I’m planning Boma on a Saturday night during my upcoming September trip. Is this a must reservation place or can I walk up and still get a table so I don’t have to be so locked in to a time?

I’m planning Boma on a Saturday night during my upcoming September trip. Is this a must reservation place or can I walk up and still get a table so I don’t have to be so locked in to a time?
I’d recommend having a reservation.

Thanks to the room discount, and a little “Disney math”, my family switched from POFQ to AKL for our June trip. I’m crazy excited. This has been one of my dream resorts! At this time, we’re planning to keep the resort change a secret from our sons. I’m driving and hope to keep it a surprise until they notice we’re pulling into the resort :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!