Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We did this last year, we can't go back now. Be prepared to do deluxe from now on lol
This is what happened to us when we stayed at WL. Then we stayed at BC and then decided to try out a moderate CSR and my husband wanted to up grade the second we got there. Tried for 3 days before giving up. Something about the deluxes!

The walk is along a sidewalk the whole way. As far as being scenic I guess that would be up to opinion. I would not say it is very scenic. The red line on the picture below is route.

View attachment 246769

Thanks for the picture!

Keep in mind that it could be lil longer or a lot shorter... Based on which Pod of rooms you are in? If you're one of the eastern set of rooms, you can just take the elevator down to the ground floor and saving a ton of steps going to the lobby and then all the way back.... We've found it to be around an 8 or 9 minute walk from lobby to lobby, but could be definitely shorter depending on your room location.:confused3

This is what happened to us when we stayed at WL. Then we stayed at BC and then decided to try out a moderate CSR and my husband wanted to up grade the second we got there. Tried for 3 days before giving up. Something about the deluxes!
I hear ya...Deluxes have that extra uumphh, but at a price....If it weren't for DVC, we'd for sure be a CSR/POR family----:teeth:

We're planning for our first stay at Jambo and trying to decide between a Deluxe Studio or one of their regular non-villa rooms (both savanna views). The upside of the studio is the small kitchen and they overall look a little nicer to us, but all on the 5th floor. A regular room we could ask for 2nd or 3rd floor and get a more straight on view of the animals. Please share your opinions and help us decide! TIA!

Edit: It will be just my wife and I, no kiddos.

Last edited:

We're planning for our first stay at Jambo and trying to decide between a Deluxe Studio or one of their regular non-villa rooms (both savanna views). The upside of the studio is the small kitchen and they overall look a little nicer to us, but all on the 5th floor. A regular room we could ask for 2nd or 3rd floor and get a more straight on view of the animals. Please share your opinions and help us decide! TIA!

Edit: It will be just my wife and I, no kiddos.

If it's just the two of you, it might to be nice to have the extra room and seating that a studio allows when there is no sofa bed folded out. We stayed in a pool view, so I can't comment on the view of the animals, I can say it was very nice having the higher floor, since no one is above you (except for when you're below club level, as I believe that it the 6th floor, but only a few rooms). Having the microwave and toaster was nice too for easy breakfast in the rooms. If that appeals to you, I would get the villa.

Does anyone know if the AKL Jambo house has roll-away beds available?
We will most likely have 2 queen beds during our next stay, so my DH and I will take one, and our DS and DD will take the other. The problem is our DD flip flops in bed... she's all over the place, which will most likely cause DS to get no rest at all. (even if I would sleep with her, I will get no sleep due to her flip flopping) We wondered if roll-a-ways were available where we could put her in a bed by herself and DS would take the other.

~D

Does anyone know if room 3433 has a good view of the animals? that is the room we picked for touring plans to request for us (I know it is no guarantee). Any other recommendations for room#s with a king bed and great animal views? We want a king bed room hopefully because we think it will give us more room for the pack and play. Our number one request when booking the room was best view of animals from room. Our second request was king bed; and our third request was close to lobby and transportation.

Last edited:
Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

meech Loves Mickey, 1st - 5th, AKL

Bwbuddy5, 3rd - 9th, Kidani

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

pktbMouse, 9th - 11th, AKL

Rcraw45425, 9th - 12th AKL

NatureBoyChris, 9th - 15th, AKL

GeraldineW, 10th - 15th, AKL

Cluelyss, 11th - 14th, AKL

Momtwofour, 12th - 21st, AKL

Shellyb84, 21st - 24th, AKL

Tallent, 22nd, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - Jul 6th, Jambo House

Tanyali26, 28th - Jul 3rd, AKL

July

Disneyvoice, 15th - 22nd, AKL

AKL_Megs, 17th - 23rd, AKL

Jump00, 19th - 26th, AKL

Karenklo, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Leebee, 25th - 27th, AKV

August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

MISSYLEXI, 18th - 27th, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

King of Naboombu, 19th - 28th, AKL

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Ariane37, 26th - 31st AKL CL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL

September

Tk0021, 1st - 5th, AKL

Jvattes, 1st - 5th, Jambo House

Rhody Red, 5th - 15th, AKL

Shanethesaint88, 9th - 17th, AKL

Wdw4rfam, 10th - 18th, Kidani

Rlk0875, 13th - 17th, Jambo House

Kenziesnow, 19th - 28th, AKL

October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Disneybeautyfnp, 9th - 14th, AKL CL

Irish_Mike, 9th - 15th, Kidani

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Shannie102, 14th - 18th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Ameetee, 22nd - 28th, AKL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

DizDad7, 3rd - 11th, SSR

Paradesintherain, 4th - 12th, Jambo House

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sparty, 15th - Dec 2nd, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 17th - 22nd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Greg36, 25th - Dec 9th, AKL

December

Disdadd14, 2nd - 9th, Jambo House

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

MarcV, 9th - 16th, Kidani

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

January

TeeterTots, 5th - 8th, AKL

Gillep, 3rd - 10th, AKL

Hosler427, 17th - 27th, Kidani

The Lucky Bug, 21st - 27th, AKV

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

October

November

December
I will be there July 3rd to 5th 2017. AKL

Going in mid-August. Question for those who have gotten their room requests. I did online check in and checked upper floor and no other requests. We are staying in a Standard room. On Touring Plans I requested room 3322, which I know will be faxed to Disney about 5 days before our arrival. Is 3rd floor considered an "upper floor" since it's the same floor as lobby? Will my requests conflict and should I delete my online check in request for upper floor and just stick with the TouringPlans fax request? TIA!

Going in mid-August. Question for those who have gotten their room requests. I did online check in and checked upper floor and no other requests. We are staying in a Standard room. On Touring Plans I requested room 3322, which I know will be faxed to Disney about 5 days before our arrival. Is 3rd floor considered an "upper floor" since it's the same floor as lobby? Will my requests conflict and should I delete my online check in request for upper floor and just stick with the TouringPlans fax request? TIA!

Floor 3 would not be considered an upper floor. If TP is requesting 3322 for you, then yes you should edit out your online requests. Unless something has changed recently, any requests made during online check-in will override anything you previously requested (most often requests made at time of booking).

Now having said that, I (and many others) feel requesting a specific room number is not a wise move. That room could very well not be available for your check-in date and often times the room assignors won't have a clue what's important to you.

Floor 3 would not be considered an upper floor. If TP is requesting 3322 for you, then yes you should edit out your online requests. Unless something has changed recently, any requests made during online check-in will override anything you previously requested (most often requests made at time of booking).

Now having said that, I (and many others) feel requesting a specific room number is not a wise move. That room could very well not be available for your check-in date and often times the room assignors won't have a clue what's important to you.
Okay, that's helpful. I've never used Touring Plans Room Request before. Are you advising against using it? I'd love to get a partial savannah view. I've have heard people have success using TP. They give a range of rooms in the fax. I'm not going until Aug. 16, so I have time. Thanks!

So we just got back...we had a pool view, 4th floor, giraffe wing. I liked being close to the lobby, but I don't think I'd do pool view again. There were kids shrieking in the pool until nearly 11 most nights and some nights the movie went that late too. They had Pirates one night and the non-stop bass and explosions meant nobody in my room was sleeping. We're early risers, so we tend not to stay up late even on vacation.

However, the theming was gorgeous and I loved, loved, loved getting to sneak out to the savanna overlook a lot. We saw TONS of animals in the late afternoons/early evenings. We also ate at all the restaurants on property and they were a highlight of the trip!

Also, no complaints about the bus service. We really had no significant issues with waits, even for Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!