Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi Everyone,
We are trying to pick a resort that my soon to be 4 yr old son will love. My husband and I have stayed at GF, POR, and WL. My cousin recently went AKL with her kids and they loved it, so we are looking. Biggest worry is the distance to things. My husband is disabled (blind and some trouble walking long distances). Any recommendations? We were looking at a studio because we want to eat in the room/use microwave. We would be ok with just a microwave and a small fridge so a regular room might be ok (I am not vaxxed for health reasons and we don't eat inside restaurants but can do outside seating and/or take out).

Which room category should we book? Anything I should request? This is for March 2023.
Thanks!!

Hi Everyone,
We are trying to pick a resort that my soon to be 4 yr old son will love. My husband and I have stayed at GF, POR, and WL. My cousin recently went AKL with her kids and they loved it, so we are looking. Biggest worry is the distance to things. My husband is disabled (blind and some trouble walking long distances). Any recommendations? We were looking at a studio because we want to eat in the room/use microwave. We would be ok with just a microwave and a small fridge so a regular room might be ok (I am not vaxxed for health reasons and we don't eat inside restaurants but can do outside seating and/or take out).

Which room category should we book? Anything I should request? This is for March 2023.
Thanks!!
AKL is notorious for having extremely long halls. You can request a room near the elevator, but you won't necessarily get it. I'm sure your son would love seeing animals out the window, if you get a savanna room view. But you're going to have to balance that versus the difficulty your husband might have getting to the room.

You also need to think about the food options. Some people are okay with the options at The Mara quick service restaurant; other people are not fans. You can check out the menu online. You'll have to rule out Boma because it's buffet so indoor seating and no takeout. I don't think Jiko does take-out. I think Sanaa over in Kidani Village does take-out.

I wonder if you would be happier someplace with shorter hallways and more restaurants which either offer take-out or have outdoor seating.

I don't think the regular rooms have microwaves. I think they can be requested but there are no guarantees. The AKV studios have microwaves. The problem with AKV rooms is that the DVC design is for them to be fully booked so if you get one which is too far from the elevator it might be hard to get re-assigned.

AKL is notorious for having extremely long halls. You can request a room near the elevator, but you won't necessarily get it. I'm sure your son would love seeing animals out the window, if you get a savanna room view. But you're going to have to balance that versus the difficulty your husband might have getting to the room.

You also need to think about the food options. Some people are okay with the options at The Mara quick service restaurant; other people are not fans. You can check out the menu online. You'll have to rule out Boma because it's buffet so indoor seating and no takeout. I don't think Jiko does take-out. I think Sanaa over in Kidani Village does take-out.

I wonder if you would be happier someplace with shorter hallways and more restaurants which either offer take-out or have outdoor seating.

I don't think the regular rooms have microwaves. I think they can be requested but there are no guarantees. The AKV studios have microwaves. The problem with AKV rooms is that the DVC design is for them to be fully booked so if you get one which is too far from the elevator it might be hard to get re-assigned.
Hi! Thanks… we have a second reservation at WL copper Creek in a studio. We are considering GF but we need a discount… i’ve never not seen one there, but I won’t book there until I’m sure.

For anyone who has been in the last month, has the Mara menu been scaled back substantially? All ears updated their menu in June but it doesn’t match the menu on Disney site. I hope all ears is correct as it has more choices. Disney menu looks pretty bare.

For anyone who has been in the last month, has the Mara menu been scaled back substantially? All ears updated their menu in June but it doesn’t match the menu on Disney site. I hope all ears is correct as it has more choices. Disney menu looks pretty bare.
We are at AKL right now and the Allears menu is not correct. The Disney website is accurate. It’s fine for us since we don’t eat there much. We’ve had several things and everything has been very good even though the menu is a bit limited.

We will be there 8/20 - 8/27 for the first half of out club split stay
Please add us to the list?
I have added you, have a great time.
August
8/20 - 8/27 tinkerdee AKL
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
7/16 - 7/22 ocalla - AKL
7/24 - 7/28 mlggator22 - Kidani
August
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

10/2 – 10/6 DgBg100106 - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL

11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
January
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
June

Just dropping in to say... we are 59 days out!!!! We were able to snag all of our ADR's that we wanted. Boma breakfast, Sanaa, & Jiko are among those. Can't wait!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
7/16 - 7/22 ocalla - AKL
7/24 - 7/28 mlggator22 - Kidani
August
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

10/2 – 10/6 DgBg100106 - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL

December
January
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
June
We will be staying at Jambo House on August 17-20th!

Hi! I'll be at Jambo House from 9/5/22 - 9/11/22! Can't wait! This is a rebooked DVC rental from our cancelled reservations back in 2020. So excited. My DS and DDIL are traveling from Oregon and will be staying at Jambo House as well!

We are there July 19th-24th as well.

Is Sanaa still doing the quick breakfast I saw mentioned awhile ago..?

Do the standard rooms have coffee mugs and glasses or just paper cups?
I find coffee tastes better in a mug but I can always buy one at the gift shop.
When I stayed in a standard room at Jambo last week we had a keurig and paper coffee cups.

Hello! We just booked a stay for September 2023 at AKL and are super excited! I know that the resort is further out but was curious about how far it really is? We have 6 park days with hoppers and are also planning a pool/resort day. I don’t mind riding the buses and we will also have our car so could drive. Is it really as far as people say or does it just feel far out?

Also, is there any way to request a specific building? Hoping for a partial savanna view 😅

And do the rooms really only have showers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter