Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi all! My daughter (8), my SO, and me, will be staying for the first time at AKL in a savannah view room in just 3 weeks! We couldn't be more excited! They have no idea (they think we're staying at CBR), and they are both pretty much obsessed with animals. I cannot wait to see their faces when we get there! :cheer2:

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX058.jpg

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX057.jpg

Last edited:

We are staying at Jambo house 2/16-2/23/17. It will be my DD 17 and I, this will be our first time here. We are renting points and staying in a standard studio. We are very excited to stay here. We stayed at Kidani once and really liked it.

Liking the new thread! I've bribed my sister to do a girls trip by promising a stay at AKL. We have a standard room booked at Jambo House for a long weekend in March. She hasn't been to Disney since we were kids so I am really excited to show her around! I'm hoping to get her hooked so we can plan more trips :rolleyes1

We are staying at Jambo house 2/16-2/23/17. It will be my DD 17 and I, this will be our first time here. We are renting points and staying in a standard studio. We are very excited to stay here. We stayed at Kidani once and really liked it.

Liking the new thread! I've bribed my sister to do a girls trip by promising a stay at AKL. We have a standard room booked at Jambo House for a long weekend in March. She hasn't been to Disney since we were kids so I am really excited to show her around! I'm hoping to get her hooked so we can plan more trips :rolleyes1

Both of you enjoy...But be forewarned, this place has a way of making you Return for more...:goodvibes

What time of day did you see the giraffes? Just curious :-):-)

My MIL will be with me in May, and we'll be up early and back to the room early in the evenings (like, probably around 7:30ish...at least she will be), and I'm hoping it means we'll see more animals active.

We would only see the birds early in the morning. The cattle would come around 8 and the giraffees around 9am. They would start to herd the giraffees off around 7ish. There were days we would never see them because we were gone all day.

We were at AKL in November so maybe since you are going in May and it stay light much later, maybe they will be out longer at night? Someone on the last thread also reported seeing the giraffees earlier in the morning then we did so hopefully you get a view where they come out early. The hotel is amazing! Have a great trip!

Does anyone have a pic of the breakfast menu for the in room dining at Kidani (or Jambo if they are the same menu)?

When were these taken?
Many years ago the pool used to be that greenish color - which I liked, but then they replastered it during a maintenance (I want to say 2010?) and these days the pool looks more blue to me due to the normal white plaster/ blue sky effect.
I read that they've fenced Jambo's pool - can anyone confirm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter