Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

What are the travel times to the parks from AKL vs YC. We will be taking our 2-1/2 year old in June 2018 and will be going back to the resort each day for an afternoon nap. Our daughter loves animals but just concerned about the travel time to and from the parks for AKL. So not sure whether to stay YC regular room boardwalk view or AKL CL.
....my guess is that it's probably only a 5 or 10-minute difference between the two....of course, I look at it as, I'm on the bus going to/from a park, so it kinda becomes irrelevant. I just enjoy the moment! KWIM?

I have my flights booked and am super happy to have an early arrival and late departure. As I am doing a 5 day hopper, I have three resort days. I am booked at Jiko for my arrival day dinner, a Boma breakfast for my pool day before MNSSHP and am debating what to do on my departure day as I don't leave until 6:30. Maybe an early lunch at Sanaa?? Any ideas of what to do? I am so looking forward to getting to know this gorgeous resort!
....the food and views are fabulous!

DINING at
Sanaa
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village - Resort
Lunch Menu

As of: February 2017
Discounts Available:
-- Annual Passholder 10%
-- Disney Rewards VISA 10%
-- Disney Vacation Club 10%
-- Tables in Wonderland 20%

Disney Dining Plan:
-- Table Service Meal (2017)

Notes:
Disney Visa discount valid on lunch only.
menu_item_image_586.jpg

Breads include Traditional Naan, Garlic Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, and Paneer Paratha.

Accompaniments - Red Chile Sambal, Cucumber Raita, Coriander Chutney, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Garlic Pickle, Spicy Jalapeno-lime pickle, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Tamarind Chutney

Indian Style Bread Service
Kenya Coffee BBQ Sandwich - pulled pork with a warm root vegetable stew, and Sanaa chips and pickle spear $16
menu_item_image_1505.jpg

Sanaa Burger - Signature Sandwiches From the Tandoor Ovens - spiced mustard, goat cheese pickled shallots, and piquante peppers, and Sanaa chips and pickle spear $17

Desserts
Dessert Trio - Afrika Povu, Lemon Lychee Tart, and seasonal Kulfi $8

Afrika Povu - Tanzanian chocolate mousse, Madagascar vanilla rum caramel, Kenyan coffee, and Kalahari desert salt $7

Shahi Tukra - Indian-inspired bread pudding and chile vanilla sauce $7

Celyon Spiced Cheesecake - pistachio and chocolate sauce $6

Stone Fruit Samosa - cardamon-scented with seasonal dipping sauce $6

Seasonal Kulfi - with Chef's choice of accompaniments $6

Beverages
Evian or Perrier - 750 ml, serves two $6.75

Coffee $2.79

Hot Tea $2.79

Loose Leaf Tea Pot - organic rooibos, vanilla rooibos, thunderbolt darjeeling, herbal spiced chai, organic assam $7.50

Press Pot Coffee - Kenya AA $6.79

Soft Drinks - Coke, diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, light pomegranate lemonade $2.99

Specialty Beverages (non-alcoholic)
Disney Character Punch - light lemonade punch served in a souvenir Disney character cup with a clip-on light $7

All-Natural Lemonade - topped with wildberry foam $4.5

Mega-Berry Smoothie - raspberry puree and nonfat yogurt blended with Odwalla Berries GoMega $5.5

Mango Lassi Smoothie - a traditional frozen blend of mango puree with nonfat yogurt $5.5

Specialty Cocktails
dining_location_image_2544.jpg
African Starr Mojito - Starr African rum, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, fresh lime juice and mint $10.75

Malawi Mango Margarita - a frozen blend of tequila, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, mango puree, and fresh lime juice $11.75

Kande Coconut Cooler - a refreshing combination of Starr African Rum, coconut, vanilla ice cream, and orange juice $9.50

Painted Lemur - Amarula fruit cream liqueur and Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa combined in a chocolate-striped glass inspired by the distinctive striped tail of the Madagascar Lemur $9.75

Godiva Chocolate Martini - Godiva chocolate liqueur, Stoli vanil vodka, white creme de cacao, and frangelico $10.25

Banana Spiced Rum Martini - Captain Morgan original spiced rum, Bols Creme de banana, and RumChata Cream liqueur $9.25

Fireball Cocktail - Fireball cinnamon whisky and RumChata cream liqueur $9.25

Beer
Bottled Beer - Tusker Premium Lager- Kenya; Kingfisher Premium Lager- India $8.00-$8.50

Draft Beer - Bud Light, Safari Amber, Kona Longboard Island Lager, Samuel Adams Seasonal $6.25-$8.25

Last edited:
My online check in just opened and I am trying to decide if I should make a request. We switched to a 1 bdrm Savannah view and I am submitting a fax request w TP for a block of rooms that is close to elevators on zebra trail. Should I just leave the online check in request blank or should I check close to elevators? The choices are very are very basic, no option for specific trail.
If you are submitting fax request the recommendation is to leave the online requests blank in case they would contradict each other and leave the room assigner unclear as to what you wish

What are the travel times to the parks from AKL vs YC. We will be taking our 2-1/2 year old in June 2018 and will be going back to the resort each day for an afternoon nap. Our daughter loves animals but just concerned about the travel time to and from the parks for AKL. So not sure whether to stay YC regular room boardwalk view or AKL CL.
YC is super close to EP. Otherwise, while I have no direct experience myself, I hear that ride time from YC is similar to AKL as YC shares with BC and? Boardwalk. For any midday break, regardless of resort location except perhaps monorail loop for MK, you will want to schedule a minimum of 3 hrs into your day, 4 if you can manage. Otherwise it ends up feeling like a whole lot of shuffling around with minimal rest.

Does anyone have any info on Bush Camp for kids? Are spots limited? I’ve called WDW Dining, Recreations and Guest Services and no one has any information on it. The only advice I got was to check at the front desk when I check in. My 8 year old daughter would love this, but unfortunately we check-in late on a Friday and will be leaving the following Friday so I’d love to book ahead if possible. Thanks for any help!

Checking in to the AKL Friday afteroon! :cool1:

Can anyone reccommend a favorite libation from Victoria Falls or Uzima Springs? Looks like it's going to be a hot weekend so some of this :drinking1may be in order.

Thanks!

I was just sitting here daydreaming about waking up Sunday morning at AKL. The Mara is never very far, but I'm wondering about ordering up some coffee via room service. Is there a way to get pressed pot coffee or is it regular brew?

Im torn on a choice regarding my AKL stay. I am booked for 1 night for my DD's 15th birthday (her request because she loves animals) for 8/14th. After reading the beginning of this thread I was going to change from 1 night savanna view to 2 night standard view and cross my fingers for a room with a decent view. Well I went to check prices for 8/13 and 8/15 and there is NOTHING coming up. Rooms are coming up for the 14th which I already have but nothing before or after that date. Can it really be that booked? Should I stay put on my Savannah view or downgrade to a standard and still pray for the best? Just wanted some opinions. Thanks

Im torn on a choice regarding my AKL stay. I am booked for 1 night for my DD's 15th birthday (her request because she loves animals) for 8/14th. After reading the beginning of this thread I was going to change from 1 night savanna view to 2 night standard view and cross my fingers for a room with a decent view. Well I went to check prices for 8/13 and 8/15 and there is NOTHING coming up. Rooms are coming up for the 14th which I already have but nothing before or after that date. Can it really be that booked? Should I stay put on my Savannah view or downgrade to a standard and still pray for the best? Just wanted some opinions. Thanks
That's a tough one. It's really a throw of the dice. I always say, never book a room category other than what you'll be happy with. If having the savanna view is what will make the stay magical, then stick with that. It's a special occasion, so that may be the case. Understand that a standard view may get you a partial savanna view as you have read further up, but you could get a parking lot view. Will that upset you? If not, then I would stay the two nights. You just have to know what you're gambling on. And if it's true that the resort is very busy during those few days, the stakes are higher as there is not any real wiggle room.

Happiest of birthdays to your DD! It's crazy how fast it goes, isn't it? Mine just turned 13 over the weekend and it has really hit me!!

See you Saturday afternoon :) How will I know you when I see you?

I'm afraid I'm so ordinary-looking that I blend right in with the crowd. But I do have to wear long sleeves and pants for sun protection, and with temps in the 90s :scared:, I may be the only one.

In any event, Hope you have a wonderful vaction filled with pixie dust!!! pixiedust:

I'm afraid I'm so ordinary-looking that I blend right in with the crowd. But I do have to wear long sleeves and pants for sun protection, and with temps in the 90s :scared:, I may be the only one.

In any event, Hope you have a wonderful vaction filled with pixie dust!!! pixiedust:
You as well :)

Hi All!! I have a quick question. We booked our first stay at AKL for this May....just 20 days away!!!!! We have a standard room for 5 nights. It's just hubby and I so I asked the CM when I booked it to put in a request for a King bed. I just went to touring plans to fill out my fax request but it looks like all the standard king rooms are accessible rooms. Is that correct? Should I call and remove the request for the king and just pick a 2 queen room I like instead? Or pick a king room even though its an accessible room. We do not need a king though it would be nice but we do not need the accessibility feature that someone else may need. I don't want the room assigner to be confused as to what we want.

Hi All!! I have a quick question. We booked our first stay at AKL for this May....just 20 days away!!!!! We have a standard room for 5 nights. It's just hubby and I so I asked the CM when I booked it to put in a request for a King bed. I just went to touring plans to fill out my fax request but it looks like all the standard king rooms are accessible rooms. Is that correct? Should I call and remove the request for the king and just pick a 2 queen room I like instead? Or pick a king room even though its an accessible room. We do not need a king though it would be nice but we do not need the accessibility feature that someone else may need. I don't want the room assigner to be confused as to what we want.
They will never give a guest without accessibility needs a room that is accessible before they give it to someone with documented need for accessibility. No worries about taking a room from someone that needs it. If it's available and not needed, you might get it. If there are more needs than rooms, then you won't.

TP does not always have the most accurate room info either....

Is a garden view considered a standard view room? I don't see garden as a booking category. I only see standard, pool or savannah.

We are officially booked for October in Kidani Village, our first time staying at AKL! Really looking forward to it.

I do have a quick question though. We will be relying on bus transportation at the resort and may be travelling with an older family member - is there a certain portion of the hotel that we should request to be close to the busses so they won't be required to walk from the very end of the resort?

Is a garden view considered a standard view room? I don't see garden as a booking category. I only see standard, pool or savannah.
Garden view? That doesn't make sense at AKL

We are officially booked for October in Kidani Village, our first time staying at AKL! Really looking forward to it.

I do have a quick question though. We will be relying on bus transportation at the resort and may be travelling with an older family member - is there a certain portion of the hotel that we should request to be close to the busses so they won't be required to walk from the very end of the resort?
You will want to request "near lobby"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter