Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Anyone have updates on construction going on around AKL? I remember hearing it was just room refurbs. We arrive in a couple weeks and just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

We are just back last last week from a visit. We were on the kudu trail, room 3351. The kudu wing that we faced from our balcony (first wing to the left as you walk down the kudu trail) was closed off and under construction. You could see the workers out behind the green fence in the picture below, but we didn't hear too much- just between 9am to 5pm-ish during the weekdays- but even when they were working it seemed to be pretty quiet.

IMG_5262 (1).jpg

Anyone stayed in a room that’s been renovated yet?? Curious about the new furniture! We leave in less than 2 weeks :tongue:

We are just back last last week from a visit. We were on the kudu trail, room 3351. The kudu wing that we faced from our balcony (first wing to the left as you walk down the kudu trail) was closed off and under construction. You could see the workers out behind the green fence in the picture below, but we didn't hear too much- just between 9am to 5pm-ish during the weekdays- but even when they were working it seemed to be pretty quiet.

View attachment 377094

Thanks for that info we will be staying at AKL for the first time in August and would love to get a refurbed room, if possible.

Hi!

We'll be there in 63 days and I am SO excited!!!! 2 questions -

In Jambo hotel rooms, what kind of coffee maker/coffee is provided. Is there a way I can use my own coffee in their device?

I have caught up on this thread since last summer. I am wondering if they are doing the daily room checks that are so notorious all over the boards. We will have 2 resort days and my family likes to sleep in. I find it curious that it wasn't mentioned on this thread.

This may be a problem. Right now we have a standard studio room with 1 queen and a sofa bed . I have been thinking of getting a standard view room just to get the two queen beds. There may be a fight on who has to sleep on the sofa bed:rotfl:
I would check offers for your dates. We had booked a Kidani std studio and just this week added a day. We were able to switch to 2 queen room in Jambo for $25 less per night during spring break. Pool view was available too, so maybe it would be a similar price to what you are currently booked at.

Hi!

In Jambo hotel rooms, what kind of coffee maker/coffee is provided. Is there a way I can use my own coffee in their device?

I have caught up on this thread since last summer. I am wondering if they are doing the daily room checks that are so notorious all over the boards. We will have 2 resort days and my family likes to sleep in. I find it curious that it wasn't mentioned on this thread.

I would check offers for your dates. We had booked a Kidani std studio and just this week added a day. We were able to switch to 2 queen room in Jambo for $25 less per night during spring break. Pool view was available too, so maybe it would be a similar price to what you are currently booked at.
we had not 1 room check in dec for 8 nights

Hi!

The coffee makers are similar to this one Conair Cuisinart WCM11S, 2 Cup Coffee Maker - 120V
They use those flat pods and only work with those. You can ask for more if you need them or buy your own. I was hoping they would put in Keurig coffee makers.

When we were there last Nov. they were still doing room checks.

Last edited:
We had a 2 br. villa in Jambo in late Nov./early Dec. and usually didn’t leave the room until 10 or 11 am and I don’t remember them stopping by while we were in the villa. They did collect the trash every day when we were out so I can’t say what time they’d come by. I can’t gaurentee that will be your experience - but it wasn’t an issue for us.

The coffee makers are similar to this one Conair Cuisinart WCM11S, 2 Cup Coffee Maker - 120V
They use those flat pods and only work with those. You can ask for more if you need them or buy your own. I was hoping they would put in Keurig coffee makers.

When we were there last Nov. they were still doing room checks.
Thank you. Unfortunately any single-serve coffee pouches that fit these types of machines seem to be impossible to buy. I think I'll pack my Aeropress again.

Thank you. Unfortunately any single-serve coffee pouches that fit these types of machines seem to be impossible to buy. I think I'll pack my Aeropress again.

We bring our mini Keurig, K-cups, and zero water pitcher. I don't think they clean or descale those pod machines in the rooms.

When and how do we make a room request? We have a standard room reservation and arrive Sunday late evening. We would like to request the "partial savannah view".
Thanks!

When and how do we make a room request? We have a standard room reservation and arrive Sunday late evening. We would like to request the "partial savannah view".
Thanks!

You need to call to have it added to your reservation, if you booked through a TA then your TA will need to call. You should do this ASAP as rooms are said to be assigned about 3-5 days or so in advance.

I'm sure I know the answer, but I would be kicking myself if I didn't ask. Any chance the Sanaa bread service board is still available at Johari Treasures?

I'm sure I know the answer, but I would be kicking myself if I didn't ask. Any chance the Sanaa bread service board is still available at Johari Treasures?

I am sure this has been answered before and to add to your question, what options do i have to try the Sanaa bread service without having a Sanaa reservation?

Can you get it with all the accompaniments at the bar? Do you know if it would be difficult to find 3 seats at the bar in the evening?

You can order from the full menu in the lounge including the full bread service during the Sanaa operating hours (late night in the lounge is a limited menu after Sanaa kitchen closes). We have never had a problem getting a table for 3. There are two small tables, a long communal table, and about 8 seats at the bar that are all first come first served.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter