Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just booked 2 nights in April. We've stayed twice before: a single night each prior to a cruise. Looking forward to having some time at AKL. What time does Jiko open usually? We last ate there around 2005, I think, and had poor food and poor service. Thinking of giving it another shot.

Just booked 2 nights in April. We've stayed twice before: a single night each prior to a cruise. Looking forward to having some time at AKL. What time does Jiko open usually? We last ate there around 2005, I think, and had poor food and poor service. Thinking of giving it another shot.

Go to Sanaa instead!

Get the steak and mac -- but for the money, I would choose either Boma, or Sanaa (if their bread service appeals to you at all).

Anyone know the likelihood of getting a king bed room if requested.... and the best way to request? We have a standard view room booked. It’s my husband and I with our 4 year old son. I know the sofa in the king bed rooms is a daybed according to the website, but I have yet to see a King bed room picture whatsoever on any website. Are king bed rooms at AKL some mythical, unattainable thing? Haha! I read this by one blogger, she’s requested 4 times and never received.

We requested one and got one..as well as a free Savannah view upgrade on the zebra trail. Only downside was that it was a handicap room and the bathroom was smaller because of it.

I've been stalking the Disney Visa discount rooms I booked at All Star Music since Monday , wanting to change to the
35% off at AKL. The only room I could get today was AKL Accessible Pool View with Bunk Beds 2/25 to 2/28.
Its a lot more money than ASMU but it will be post cruise and will make me happy.
I made the change online as soon as I saw a room pop up at AKL. You have to act fast,
the Disney Visa discounts are hard to find.
well my stalking payed off, I just changed to the Yacht Club standard accessible for the same
price as the AKL Pool View still using the 35% Disney Visa room only discount. This is challenging
but fun. The website was wacky for the past two days.

We requested one and got one..as well as a free Savannah view upgrade on the zebra trail. Only downside was that it was a handicap room and the bathroom was smaller because of it.

Thanks for the info. Since it was a handicap room, did you get a roll in shower? We are traveling with our 4 year old and need a bathtub. If a King room means no bathtub, I may take it off of my requests.

Checking into a 2 bedroom suite with our very best friends at Kidani in 15 days. I have been inside Jambo once to eat at Boma. I looked at photos of Kidani when we booked, but I've been trying to stay away from images since then. I've enjoyed following you all here for months! We have two kids among us who are 8 and 9, some pretty heavy park days scheduled with some down time at the resort shoehorned in. Are there any little things we should be sure to make time for? Mine is a musical family so I am going to grab that activity sheet and make sure we can participate in the drumming. I'd love to hear the story telling. Also, I can't find my binoculars. Should I buy an inexpensive pair? We camp regularly so this won't be the last time they are used.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you have!

Jiko has become our absolute favorite restaurant on property after the new chef took over last year (read about that here if you're interested: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ooking-place-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/)

I think they open at 5:00.

How busy does the Sanaa lounge get? I'm planning a resort day and I'd love to get the bread service at Sanaa, but making an ADR that day is tricky due to a few factors (I want to get pool time in at both Jambo and Kidani, I have an early dinner at Jiko so I can hit the park in the evening, and I'm worried that making a lunch ADR will make my day feel way too rigid.) If I can just grab a spot at the bar I'd be happy, I don't have need for a table.

How busy does the Sanaa lounge get? I'm planning a resort day and I'd love to get the bread service at Sanaa, but making an ADR that day is tricky due to a few factors (I want to get pool time in at both Jambo and Kidani, I have an early dinner at Jiko so I can hit the park in the evening, and I'm worried that making a lunch ADR will make my day feel way too rigid.) If I can just grab a spot at the bar I'd be happy, I don't have need for a table.

We've always been able to get a spot in the lounge just walking up and helping ourselves. But shhhhh don't tell anyone! I've also seen them accommodate folks who sweetly request "to go" from the bartender but they generally can only give you a couple of sauces for the bread service as otherwise you'd have a million little cups to take. I think this is unofficial and I'm sure it can't always be accomodated so your mileage may vary.

We've always been able to get a spot in the lounge just walking up and helping ourselves. But shhhhh don't tell anyone! I've also seen them accommodate folks who sweetly request "to go" from the bartender but they generally can only give you a couple of sauces for the bread service as otherwise you'd have a million little cups to take. I think this is unofficial and I'm sure it can't always be accomodated so your mileage may vary.
Innnnnnteresting!

.....I'd definitely give it some serious thought - 2005 was quite a long time ago.....honestly, this dining experience [dinner at Jiko] was HANDS DOWN one the the top 3 dining adventures we've experienced at WDW. In fact, we have an ADR for dinner there this Friday - CAN'T WAIT! :hyper:

The WDW website says 5:30-10:00. Jiko is my favorite WDW restaurant, although I also love Boma and Sanaa as recommended by a couple posters, I hope you have a better second trip there if you decide to try it again. My personal favorite item, not that you asked lol, is the boar appetizer.

Hi everyone! We’re headed to AKL next month and so excited! This will be our first stay here. I have a question about some of the night time activities. I see that marshmallow roasting is available at the campfire some nights. Marshmallows are provided and s’mores kits are available for purchase. Do people ever bring their own crackers and chocolate, or is that frowned upon? Can anyone tell me about the night vision goggles viewing? Thanks!

So we are going to ASsp for two nights before our week stay at AKL in a standard room. I don’t know if I should request partial Savannah view or early check in. I’m assuming I won’t get both unless the early checked in room happens to be partial Savannah.
Has anyone ever done an early check in? We have a 13 month old and would love for her to nap before heading to the park. Plus we have a 1:30 adr at HS which means we will be going back and forth due to 3pm check in.

Getting close!! Have they changed out the coffee makers in the rooms yet? I was hoping since they changed them at the YC to Keurig that they might change all the pod machines in the deluxe resorts. If not I'll pack my mini Keurig like I have before.

Hi everyone! We’re headed to AKL next month and so excited! This will be our first stay here. I have a question about some of the night time activities. I see that marshmallow roasting is available at the campfire some nights. Marshmallows are provided and s’mores kits are available for purchase. Do people ever bring their own crackers and chocolate, or is that frowned upon? Can anyone tell me about the night vision goggles viewing? Thanks!
Haven't done it at AKL but several years ago we brought & used our own s'mores makings (graham crackers & chocolate bars) to go w/ the marshmallows provided @ YC/BC & the CMs supervising the marshmallow roasting didn't care, but I don't recall them offering s'mores kits for sale @ the time which is why we brought our own.

Getting close!! Have they changed out the coffee makers in the rooms yet? I was hoping since they changed them at the YC to Keurig that they might change all the pod machines in the deluxe resorts. If not I'll pack my mini Keurig like I have before.
following

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter