It's The Magic That Can Happen When It's Autumn! - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Club Level

Definitely not he is not allowed!!! :laughing: I did ask if he was going to take his buddy to Universal Hollywood and he said no because he wouldn't feel right going for the first time without me :lovestruc

This is absolutely sweet! I would find it next to impossible to be near a Disney park and not go even if it meant leaving my sweetie behind. He's a keeper :lovestruc

So long story that will be in my TR, but we got moved to AKL this trip, and I didn't see any characters in the lobby :sad:

You got moved to AKL?! How come?! I need to catch up on your (/EVERYONE'S) TR..!

:sad: and also I love Flight on the Conchords too!

Love it! For ages my name was Brahbrah in Jamie's phone, and he was Hiphopopotamus in mine :laughing:

We got to see it the first night and we loved it! It's definitely my number one too.

First night must've been so cool!!! I bet the atmosphere was great.

OMG, I need, yes need this mug!!!

34510924075_8e2d063c03_b.jpg

I did end up buying this, it's one of my favourite mugs now :goodvibes

Jamie will have a great time in California! It is gorgeous. Uh oh, but what if he goes to Disneyland without you?

raw

Haha he definitely was not allowed to go to Disneyland without me!!! :rotfl:

Yup...my first time riding was the past trip in Dec. And my 7 year old had to be the one to make me do it :rotfl:I wrote about it in my TR and posted our ride photo...I don't look nearly as terrified as I felt :rotfl:
I did like it though!

WAIT. Your first time riding Splash Mountain was in December..?!?! WHY HAVE YOU DEPRIVED YOURSELF LIKE THIS??!! I'm glad you liked it in the end :rotfl2:

How fun! I have never eaten there...would love to try it one day! It's seasonal right?

Girl I have no idea what the deal is with this place.. I always thought it was seasonal but I'm not sure!

Yeah, we caught Wishes on our very last night in WDW in Dec. I tried to make it a couple other nights and it didn't work out so I am REALLY glad we stayed that last night to see them. I would have been SO sad not to have seen them one last time :sad:

I feel you! I just wish I could've known it would be my last time seeing it so that I would've really cherished it! I'm just glad I got a bit of footage of my favourite part (the ending) !

How every Disney day should start

I can always justify eating loads when I'm spending the day at Disney!

Your shirt is so cute!

Thank you! :cutie:

I haven't seen this movie in a looong time but I'm pretty sure there is a way they could have made him look less...um...creepy

:rotfl: I have a photo with him from when I was like 9 years old, and I remember not having a clue who he was! I would always see that photo and always wonder who this imposter was.. I mean, he's definitely not a Disney character right..?! :laughing: I was always so confused!

I haven't seen very many good reviews of Diamond Horseshoe, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I haven't either! It was fine, not overwhelmingly great but.. it was food that tasted of what it was supposed to taste of :laughing:

Actual pictures of me now that Wishes is gone. I watched the live stream of HEA and it's amazing, but the music doesn't compare to Wishes.

I know it will take some time and some memories to build a connection to this new music track, I've listened to it so many times and I really love it now (not quite as much as Wishes yet) hopefully you will soon too :goodvibes

Just joining in here! I am all caught up! You have such a great TR going on! I can't wait to read more!

Yay welcome! :wave: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

HAHA that's awesome! I bet you made their day!

Hopefully! I wish the two in the back had caught on too :rotfl:

That's good to hear. We're going to be trying out Whispering Canyon on our upcoming trip!

Ooh yesss I love Whispering Canyon! Let me know how you find it :goodvibes

YAY!! I'm so excited to seeee!! :hyper:

I cannot WAIT to see Happily Ever After in person!! Let me know about this too! When is your trip?

NICE! What a treat to meet Mickey with a short wait!

I know it was so strange but I loved it!!! I'm not too bothered about waiting an hour to meet Mickey in the parks so this was a great opportunity :goodvibes

What a great DisMeet! Cocktails and DISers... sounds like the best afternoon break ever!

Ugh it was perfect, and so convenient that we were all at AKL/Kidani. Just a quick break at the bar downstairs to meet some friends! I honestly wish i could've stayed longer even though I was there for like an hour and a half. Such a fun dismeet! :goodvibes

Those are AWESOME pictures! Especially the "snowing" picture!

Aw thank you! I love those pictures/videos, the rain and the unique location (under the Fantasyland wall) made my last viewing very special, even though I didn't know it would be my last viewing! :sad:

That is high praise! Considering how much you loved Disney Dreams, your comparison makes me think I may like Happily Ever After after all! (I haven't watched any clips yet as I hate to spoil it, but I'll likely cave as I don't have any trips on the horizon!)

Did you watch it yet??! I loooooove it more and more each time I see clips of it!! :lovestruc

So fun! I grew up nearish to San Francisco and love visiting whenever I'm "back home" Our last girls trip to SF with my sisters-in-law included a photo seth in front of the Full House house :D :D :D

So cool!! I would love to go some day :lovestruc

Love your trip reports! I just read your last one and now that I'm caught up here, I'm going to go find your first one!

Totes not a creepy stalker... :magnify:

Yay welcome, and thanks for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying all of them :laughing:

I was glad we got to catch Wishes several time this last trip because I was truly bummed and didn't think anything could replace it. I actually had to call in for some photopass issues and talked with the cast member while we were waiting on the issues to resolve. He was saying he was there for opening night and the online version of HEA doesn't do it justice and it's more amazing in person! I'm pretty pumped about seeing it in September after talking to him!

Can't wait to read more!

Eee it's going to be so good, I can't wait to see it in person! That's very good to hear, let me know how you find it! September is coming around fast you'll be there before you know it!

You guys got so much done already! I cannot believe Wishes went on during the rain, especially rain as heavy as that. :eek: Glad you got to enjoy it, can't wait for more!

I think the rain made it more magical, I'm so glad it ran through the rain! I just wish I'd have known it would be my last time, I probably would've recorded the whole thing :laughing:

SAME! I could ride Splash 20 times in a row and still never get sick of it!! It's going to be closed during our family trip in September and I am CRUSHED :sad:

OH NO! That's so sad :sad: WHY are they doing such a long refurb?? I've been trying to figure out when is best to go back and honestly Splash being closed put me off going in September again :sad2:

I'm the same way....I bought a cute clock for my dorm room and ended up having to bury it in my closet because it ticked so loud and I couldn't fall asleep! My roommate thought I was insane :rotfl:

Hahah there is absolutely nothing insane about this, I would actually find it quite normal behaviour.. burying ticking clocks in the closet, throwing them against a wall.. smashing them with a hammer.. totally normal!! :laughing:

I love that Cogsworth Clock so much...plus getting it for free is awesome! First the Splash Mountain stuffed animals and now this, it really pays to be on the DIS! :disrocks:

I know, I can't believe people are willing to go through these inconveniences just for little old me.. Disney people are the best people :grouphug:

YES YES YES! I was devastated about Wishes coming to an end, mostly because of the nostalgia and meaning it holds in my life, but I absolutely LOVED Happily Ever After! Mom and I had a little viewing party Saturday night and we were both in awe! When I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame part, I instantly thought of you because I know you love that movie :goodvibes

It's sooooo goooood! :hyper: I can't wait to see it in person!! OMG THE HUNCHBACK BIT. I was so emotional I love it so much!!! What's your favourite part?!

love your splash mountain picture!! and i agree with your wishes feelings- so sad it's gone but also excited for happily ever after

I'm glad you're as optimistic about HEA as I am! Although it is hard. Can't wait to see it in person!

Loving your TR. I really like your laid back touring style. How wonderful you could stay for 3 weeks! DH and I will be there for a week in December. You've got me excited to see HEA!

Hey, thank you! Glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes I love the laid back style, I like my sleep too much so I think I'd get grouchy after too many long days/early mornings. It's so nice to be well rested and refreshed for a Disney Day! So jealous you're going in December, I would love to go at Christmas! :lovestruc

HEY!!! I read your TR right when you posted but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to comment properly! Great TR so far!

Hey friend! Aw that's so fine, I feel so busy too gahh. How's life?!

Can't wait to see what you think of the Keys to the Kingdom tour as we are booking that for the first time this year.

I looooove it!!!

It was SO NICE to meet you! Totally true that the time just flew by!

So happy Cogsworth has a happy new home! I have to dash because I'm on lunch at work but I'll be back lol

I loved meeting you too! :hug: I hope we get to meet up again some time! When are you next going? I can't decide when I want to goooo and we have so much to pay for right nowww :sad2:

I am all caught up and can't wait to read more. I agree about Wishes... it is one of my favorites. I love the music most of all. BUT..... the video of Happily Ever After looks AWESOME and EPIC. My wife and I watched it and said to each other, we need to go back. Maybe next year we can arrange a quick trip. My son should be old enough for a cross country flight by then. Anyways... I look forward to more.

Yay thanks for reading! I'm glad you are excited about Happily Ever After, I was really sad at first but once I saw the livestream on the first night I was hooked straight away! I hope you get to take a trip with your son, you should write a TR!

So....currently, apparently, I'm an obsessed fangirl with you. I started with your middle trip report, read and loved all of it. I'm in the middle of your Holly Jolly one but I'm so scared because you just moved to the grand Floridian so I know it's half way over :sad: and I'm trying to pace myself because I'm going on a cruise next week and LITERALLY I can picture myself sitting on the balcony, reading your reports as my entertainment (because they're just THE BEST) but I'm afraid I have no willpower so more than likely I'm going to finish the holly jolly before I leave (when I should be doing things like packing) so if you could go ahead and write like twenty installments on THIS report (and I promise, I will save and savor it) that'd be great. :worship:

Haha aww thank you for reading, that is commitment! I have written a lot of waffle over the three reports haha! Sorry I didn't get more updates out, I've got some written and ready though! How was your cruise and where did you go?

Fabulous update! I should have known better than to watch the video of the Wishes finale. :sad:

Thank you! I know, it makes me so sad! :sad:

Sounds like an amazing trip so far! Side note... I bought the pink Splash Mountain tshirt on my last trip and love it!! Also, I just watched your video of the end of Wishes several times and cried. We are going in a few weeks and I'm SO SO excited to see Happily Ever After! But I'm also so sad to say goodbye to Wishes. Always makes me feel the magic and I'm hoping HEA can do that too!

Ahh I wish I'd bought that pink Splash tshirt! :sad2: Eeek I'm a bit late replying and you said you were going to Disney in a few weeks, have you been yet?! How was HEA?!?

Great Pictures! Animal Kingdom is definitely on the top of my list of places to stay in Disney :-)

It's one of my favourite hotels now!! The buses were a bit temperamental but other than that I loooved it :goodvibes

Hi Katie!:wave2:

I just finished reading your POLY trip report and was so excited you started another one! You definitely have a gift in sharing your love of Disney and you guys obviously have SO much fun!

I just wanted to reply about the Diamond Horseshoe-this absolutely used to be a dinner-show. It is one of my favorite memories from going to Disney as a kid. My Dad would run ahead (at ropedrop) to town hall to make us a reservation for lunch here. There was a basic lunch-nothing fancy-turkey sandwiches, salads, etc and then the show would start. It had a whole dancing girls and cowboys, bar type theme and I still remember the songs- "Belly up, Belly up to the Bar Boys. Belly up let's go!" LOL! :laughing: It was really fun. One of the other things that sticks out in my mind is the crowd interaction. Each show one of the dancing ladies would come out to the crowd and find a man with a big bald spot and give him a big red lipsticky (just made up a word there) kiss right smack in the middle of the bald spot. It was great!

Ooo..I found a video on youtube (I hope it's okay to post)

-Kelly

Hi Kelly! :wave2:

Aww thank you, glad you're enjoying the reports!! And thanks so much for sharing, I love the video! It looks a lot like Hoop-Dee-Doo. And that belly up song is so catchy :cool1: Very cool!!!

You got moved to AKL?! How come?! I need to catch up on your (/EVERYONE'S) TR..!

I haven't gotten to it in my TR yet so you have time to catch up! But it's a story that involves some construction and other things at WL that were a lot worse than what they said was going on...:rolleyes1

Love it! For ages my name was Brahbrah in Jamie's phone, and he was Hiphopopotamus in mine :laughing:

:rotfl:

First night must've been so cool!!! I bet the atmosphere was great.

It was really cool! I was so glad our trip fell on the dates it did.

I just happened to notice on your little name/profile thing when I read your reply that your next post will be your 1000th. Just in case you want to do anything to make it special. :)

Haha thank you! I made sure to announce it, although I am surprised I only have 1000 posts, feels like a lot more!!

Just found your report and have enjoyed reading thus far. Love your first day at Magic Kingdom, you guys got a lot done and even got to take in some special things like the Trolley show also. Can't wait for more!

Hello, welcome, and thank you! :laughing: Our first day always seems to be our most productive. Then we start staying in bed until midday :laughing: thanks for reading!!

Pascal and Fortran were earlier computer languages, in case that helps clarify the joke about looking for Fortrans and Pascals.

Haha thanks!:goodvibes

Heck, I just got back from a solo Disney trip with one.

WAIT you just got back from another trip??! Notify me if/when you start a TR, so that I can read from the beginning please :laughing:

Yep. East coast with Elle.
Solo road trip end of June.
Probably Hawaii end of August.

East coast as innnn... Disneyland..?!?
And where is your road trip to? Wowee you have an eventful year!

This is absolutely sweet! I would find it next to impossible to be near a Disney park and not go even if it meant leaving my sweetie behind. He's a keeper :lovestruc

To be honest if I was the one in California and he was back home.. I couldn't promise I wouldn't go to Disneyland! :laughing:

I found pkondz trip report and now I found yours. It's a rabbit hole of great Disney fun!

Wooo glad you found your way over here!! :thumbsup2

You've found a really good one.
Much better than mine.

:hug:

I haven't gotten to it in my TR yet so you have time to catch up! But it's a story that involves some construction and other things at WL that were a lot worse than what they said was going on...:rolleyes1

Ugh that sounds bad, but I'm glad you got to move and didn't have to put up with any annoying construction!

Day 3
Friday 2nd September 2016
Part 1 – Exploring The Seas

I woke up naturally at 7am today!
It was raining but the animals were still out, so I sat on the balcony for a while.

I also got some breakfast from the lounge.
I got a bagel with cream cheese, a blueberry muffin and some raspberries!

34086507244_aec821eb04_b.jpg

I was still hungry afterwards so I went back to the lounge for more!
That big dinner at The Diamond Horseshoe must’ve stretched my stomach or something.
I had ANOTHER bagel with cream cheese, and TWO MORE blueberry muffins :rotfl:

34086507154_d9947e9dfe_b.jpg

Soon Jamie woke up, and I went to the lounge to bring him a cinnamon roll, two eggs and a chocolate milk.

After watching some Stacey he was also still hungry!
So we both went to lounge, and he got a bagel.
I got an egg and a chocolate milk!!!

34086507014_71ecfa3c85_c.jpg

I had three breakfasts holy cow.
But we had no ADRs today so I may as well make the most of the club level food.
(That's some serious mental gymnastics to justify eating three breakfasts.)
The CMs must’ve thought I was insane going to the lounge four times in one morning.
Whatever, all those plates of food were clearly for me and my husband and my two children, don't judge me :laughing:

Look how proud I was of myself :laughing:
No regrets.

34086506854_da88696b26_c.jpg

At 11am we called at the lounge to fill up our water bottles, then we went to catch the bus!

34086506654_e91928b3a7_b.jpg

34086506354_556e2a43eb_b.jpg

34086506124_d8005d20c1_b.jpg

Rainy :umbrella:

34086505814_1492948046_b.jpg

We were going to Epcot today!
I think this was our first time traveling to Epcot by bus since 2012!
Since then we’ve stayed at the Beach Club, the Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian, so it’s always been a walk or a monorail away!

Here’s my cute Cath Kidston backpack I brought on this trip.

34086505564_d863abcb3e_c.jpg

We arrived at Epcot at 11:30am.
It was a VERY grey and gloomy morning!

34119162063_823d0ace8a_b.jpg

…Only brightened up by Hymie’s poncho.

34086505334_34dd36db94_c.jpg

34086511104_8695230e60_c.jpg

First we headed over to The Seas to use our fastpass!

34086504474_6fbd5eaf57_b.jpg

34086504244_865491cbd7_b.jpg

We rode the ride, then joined the manatee show!

I’ve managed to document their weight gain over the past few years!

Sept 2014: 1423 / 1515
Sept 2015: 1492 / 1600
Sept 2016: 1520 / 1617

34086504074_53e7077e49_b.jpg

Almost as heavy as we were after 3 weeks of club level and dining plan :rotfl:

34086510934_29d591c614_b.jpg

Then we wandered around the aquarium.

34086503634_c484543030_b.jpg

34086503554_2c6c37948a_b.jpg

34086503354_8868c45372_b.jpg

These are called Flamboyant Cuttlefish!

34086502794_6bc5e63df6_b.jpg

tenor.gif

34542467190_3ed7fc17bf_b.jpg

I was kinda sad because I couldn’t find my favourite ugly fish anywhere. :sad2:

Jamie asked what it was called and I said
“I don’t know but it’s really ugly and miserable-looking”
And he said,
“No wonder it’s your favourite.”

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Then we came across something I’ve never seen before!

34086502314_c78ff20bf9_c.jpg

34086502294_3ed7fc17bf_c.jpg

34086501814_d715447385_b.jpg

Very cool!
I called him Scuba Steve.

giphy.gif

We headed out of the Seas, throwing some shade back at condescending seahorse on the way.

34086501554_ddd7a7f459_b.jpg

Click for Day 3 - Part 2!

Last edited:
Haha aww thank you for reading, that is commitment! I have written a lot of waffle over the three reports haha! Sorry I didn't get more updates out, I've got some written and ready though! How was your cruise and where did you go?

We went to Alaska, our best cruise yet!!! I'm currently working on our trip report, Seattle, Alaska and eventually Disney!!! pixiedust:

(I like how the disboards took away the box from the quote so it just looks like I'm talking to myself. Perfect. Way to make me look lame in front of my disIdol, TheLittleKatie) Lame. :sad2:

Day 3
Part 2 – Frozen Ever After and Soarin’ Around the World!

It had now stopped raining so we’d taken our ponchos off.
But it was still really windy from storm Hermine, so we walked past the Fountains of Nations like:

hair10_0.gif

:laughing:

We had a quick look in Mousegear for a waterproof jacket for Jamie.
For some reason he didn't think my 90s yellow ponchos were very stylish :sad2:
He found one he liked, but the sleeves on the medium size were too short, and the large was too big.
♯lankyproblems

34086501334_144098280f_b.jpg

At 12:30pm we went on Spaceship Earth!

34086501104_3a3f543b49_c.jpg

I’ve been to the Sistine Chapel at The Vatican where Michelangelo painted this!
(Not inside it though, that place gets longer lines than Frozen Ever After on opening day :laughing: )

34086500854_24e167afe8_b.jpg

After the ride we played some Innervision!
Jamie won reaction time and hand eye coordination, and I won memory evaluation.
Although Jamie was very quick to point out that he thought the memory evaluation one was broken, because he DEFINITELY got 10/10 :rolleyes2

34086500714_ac37baf9de_b.jpg

34119149823_535401f684_b.jpg

Then we headed out to World Showcase.
Epcot was deserted today!
This was 1pm on the Friday of Labor Day weekend!

34086500274_d551e48e34_b.jpg

34119148763_17c4cc3947_b.jpg

34086499974_6b977f3bf0_b.jpg

We were heading to a brand new experience for us...
Frozen Ever After!
This had only opened a couple of months ago, in June 2016.

34119147983_a43949ccd0_b.jpg

I really like the indoor queuing area of this ride, it’s like a cute little Norwegian town at night.

Soon we were cruising through Arendelle!

34929659825_85e6781927_b.jpg

34929659435_3f95552e4c_b.jpg

34119145463_aa30a10451_b.jpg

I actually quite like what they did with this ride.
I’m over the fact that Maelstrom is no more, although I do miss this guy.

c5ba71b4eac796bfa8b2d2d5ce3f9a50.jpg

I think the new version is cute and I bet kids love it.
I wouldn’t wait in a long line for it though.

My only gripe is that I’m not really a fan of the new half-animatronic, half-projection thing.
One of my favourite things about new attractions is watching how impressive and advanced the animatronics are becoming.
Projecting the faces on like this just feels like cheating a bit.. like taking the “easier option” rather than really pushing themselves. :confused3
I'm not saying I hate them by any means, I think it’s an innovative idea, it’s just not the direction I hoped animatronics would go..
Oh well!

34119144883_399aa03588_b.jpg

On the way out of Norway we checked out Kringla Bakery Og Kafe and it smelled really good!
I don’t think I’d like the famous school bread because I don’t really like coconut, but the sandwiches looked reeeeaaallyyy nice.
We decided to come back later!

34119144493_b717b4a213_b.jpg

We headed to a fastpass kiosk and somehow found one for the new Soarin’ Around the World in about 45 minutes time!!!
Excellent!

34119143903_89e55cc7dc_b.jpg

We headed straight to The Land so that I could ride one of my favourite Epcot rides.
“But you said your Soarin’ fastpass wasn’t for another 45 minutes”
Errrrm, I’m talking about Living With the Land, duh! :laughing:

giphy.gif

34542461350_e0106e0f4e_b.jpg

34119143643_ae26d2fa81_b.jpg

The wait time for Living with the Land was posted at 0 minutes! :laughing:

34929657715_298f984a1f_b.jpg

34929657305_a7426db396_b.jpg

34929656985_b36cc04ec3_b.jpg

YAY.
After Living with the Land we still had a bit of time to kill before our Soarin’ fastpass.
Whilst trying to find a way to pass the time, we accidentally discovered the most fun, exciting, secret area of Epcot.
Kids were having the time of their lives!
Right here.

34929656305_54da84aae3_b.jpg

:laughing:

I was careful to not photograph anyone’s children, but just to the side of this, kids were just running around in circles going bananas and having SO much fun.
When a couple of separate parents picked up their children to leave, the kids screamed and cried and had a complete meltdown.
We were laughing so much, it was so entertaining.
You have THE WHOLE of Walt Disney World.
And the above picture is the only place they want to be. :lmao:

Soon it was time for us to soar around the world, for the first time ever!
Soarin' re-opened as Soarin' Around The World in June 2016!

34542461760_4d849eb8da_b.jpg

I didn’t take any pictures or videos, but I loved this!
I’m really glad they kept the soundtrack fairly similar to the old one.
The picture quality is great, it’s amazingly high definition, particularly the Eiffel Tower scene.

We both agreed we would rather there weren’t any CGI animals (the elepants in particular), we would both prefer to fly over real elephants just doing their real elephant thing.

tumblr_n3q1hf402i1s2yegdo1_400.gif

KYeAq3.gif

6kEA4Pv.gif

I guess that wouldn’t have been quite as magical. :laughing:

After Soarin’ it was 2:45pm, so we headed back to World Showcase for some food, and stopped for some photopass pictures on the way.

34929641655_40e22b4ae1_c.jpg

34929640815_23202bd49c_c.jpg

We decided to go back to Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway pavilion!

34929655535_e31376e55a_c.jpg

We both liked the look of the Norwegian Club!
We weren’t very hungry so we just got one to share and paid out of pocket.

It was delicious! It has ham, turkey, bacon, jarlsberg and muenster cheese, tomatoes and mayo on multigrain bread!

34929654785_082d625444_b.jpg

34929654035_45b618e5b3_b.jpg

We sat in the outdoor seating area, and we spotted these two Vikings just pointing at people and going ”AHH!”
What a funny job.

34797802901_859a6ee8a2_b.jpg

After lunch we left the park and found a bus waiting for us.

34119139193_89957817fd_b.jpg

Click for Day 3 - Part 3!

Last edited:
Day 3
Part 3 – Chilling at the Lodge

I don’t have much to say in this update, I just love this resort and want to share some photos!

We arrived back at Animal Kingdom Lodge at about 3:45pm.
We went straight to the lounge and ate a bunch of Tanzanian brownies (chocolate brownies topped with peanut butter!)
Jamie had a scone, and we both had milk and Jungle Juice!

34929652725_04359b767c_b.jpg

Tanzanian brownies are little pieces of heaven.

34119138823_a3f70534e9_b.jpg

And here was my view from our table. :lovestruc
Notice that we were sat as close to the food as physically possible :laughing:

34929652245_041ea36f79_c.jpg

Once we’d finished we headed back to the room, sat out on the balcony and relaxed for a few hours.

34929651765_a4bd456514_b.jpg

34119137823_a0de1700d9_b.jpg

A giraffe got so close to this truck!

34929651305_562f6cba6f_b.jpg

34119137453_017687f3a2_b.jpg

34797789801_c3132887ac_b.jpg

34929640215_e8192420e9_b.jpg

I posted this on Snapchat...
After posting the American flag yesterday, people were so confused about where I actually was!

34765800082_7983554b99_c.jpg

34929639925_6fa848bda0_c.jpg

34765800822_84bec279da_b.jpg

34119137243_0b133b5f6e_b.jpg

We also watched Harry Potter.
We were getting psyched for our Universal trip in a few days!

34929650305_090a651ec3_b.jpg

The ending of this movie really bugs us both :rotfl:
I knew it was going to get an animated reaction from Jamie so I recorded it :laughing:

(For some background, this scene is the final dinner of the school year where Dumbledore awards the house cup.
THE GREAT HALL IS DECKED OUT IN SLYTHERIN DÉCOR WHEN THEY ENTER.)

“THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST US!!”

Also here’s our combined magic band collection!
We have every colour of magic band v1.0!

34086488844_8eb3bb978c_c.jpg

I went back on the balcony and there were loads of animals out!

34929649805_eb0389bc5c_b.jpg

34929649265_18fed9c134_b.jpg

34086487074_4cfd8b3d7a_b.jpg

Then we got freshened up, and headed out to the buses at 7:40pm!

34086486794_8961d546b5_b.jpg

Click for Day 3 - Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 3
Part 4 – Animal Kingdom after dark!

We were going to Animal Kingdom tonight!

We waited almost an hour for a bus, which was frustrating.
But it was ok because this was one of the last nights Animal Kingdom would be open until 11pm this summer!

It was also hard to be annoyed because there was a really energetic family there too – mum and dad and a daughter who was around 17.
They were cheering for buses as they came around the corner, then laughing hysterically in disbelief when it wasn’t for Animal Kingdom… AGAIN!

Finally we arrived at 8:30pm.
I think this was our first time in Animal Kingdom past about 4pm!

34765800522_b6a111f860_b.jpg

As we were approaching the Tree of Life, the awakening show started!

34086485764_4edd20a55b_c.jpg

Pretty :cutie:

While we were watching the show, a toddler in the stroller next to us dropped his shoe on the floor.
It was basically touching the wheel of the stroller, it wasn’t like he’d kicked it into the middle of the path or anything.
Then a large family were walking through in front of us all, and the kid at the front of the group, probably about 10 years old, saw it, picked it up, said,
“Someone’s shoe!”
THEN DROP KICKED IT ACROSS THE PATH.
It flew a few feet ahead of them, and they all just continued walking..!!!
The family of the shoe looked at each other in disbelief and were like,
“…was that the baby’s shoe…?!??!”

We were all laughing in disbelief!
The shoe was RIGHT next to the wheel, and the baby…had one shoe on…
It was obviously his!
So weird!!

After the Tree of Life Awakening we stumbled upon the Discovery Island Carnivale!
It was fun.
It had catchy music and vibrant costumes, and there were lots of people joining in.
Also we stood next to a woman who had the most ridiculous bubble machine ever and we got covered in soap.
It was very funny.
You can see her in this video…

34797796231_531c47391c_b.jpg

Then we went to ride Everest!
It was our first time riding in the dark!

34086483624_e504d915b6_b.jpg

34797795961_023324a02e_b.jpg

We could see the Jungle Book show from the climb :goodvibes

34929644525_2322e10a18_b.jpg

“There doesn’t seem to be any track!”

34797793931_5e83af8417_b.jpg

34797794751_4772416de2_c.jpg

After Everest we stumbled upon another street party in Harambe!

34929644015_da5db9d88c_b.jpg

It was now 9:10pm and we were getting hungry, so we went to Harambe Market to get some dinner.

34797793301_e79b2841a3_b.jpg

34765800382_2dd4490046_b.jpg

I had a beef gyro flatbread and Jamie had chicken skewers (but ended up eating some of mine too, of course).

34929643465_eef0062b28_b.jpg

The beef flatbread was very tasty, it’s my favourite thing that I’ve tried at Harambe Market.
Since we’re on the dining plan we also got two bottles of water and two African milk tart desserts.
I didn’t enjoy the tart because it was coconutty, and unfortunately it’s the only dessert on the menu here :confused3
Jamie also barely touched his, he was very full!
But here’s what it looks like.

34797792801_6a3724305c_b.jpg

34929642775_3b77604131_b.jpg

After our meal we rode Kilimanjaro Safari, at night!
How cool.
Our guide told us not to bother with photos as it’s too dark, so I didn’t take any and just enjoyed the ride.
Although I did take this short video of absolutely nothing, just to remember the ambiance of an evening safari!

It was an interesting experience.
Even though it was dark we still saw everything!
Lions and elephants, and a rhino really close up.

Then we headed back to Everest!
RIP Harambe…

34797792161_b5287d6b3b_c.jpg

34929642355_152bc8268e_b.jpg

34797795551_45fb57d399_c.jpg

I’d heard very mixed reviews about the Jungle Book show so we decided not to bother seeing it.
The lights were very pretty as we walked past though.

34929641965_ae77591fee_b.jpg

34797791341_54afd569c9_b.jpg

We rode Everest two more times!
Vape Nation!

34797794521_59e6ee3155_c.jpg

4te1g6x.gif

And continuing on from yesterdays Splash Mountain picture…

34797794441_1b548a2586_c.jpg

It was now 10:30pm so we headed out of the park.

When we got to the bus stop, the enthusiastic family who had been waiting almost an hour with us earlier were there again!
They saw us and shouted down the line,
“DON’T JYNX US!!!”
A few minutes later a bus looked like it was pulling into our stop, but it veered off at the last minute, and the family yelled at us,
“LEAVE! GET OUT OF THE LINE!!!”

It was so funny, we were all laughing so much.

A bus came about 10 minutes later so it was fine in the end :laughing:

We got back to the Lodge and got ready for bed straight away.
We watched some Stacey, and fell asleep by midnight.

Goodnight!

Click for Day 4 - Part 1!

Last edited:
The club level food looks really good!

Wow, Epcot was really quiet that day, we will be at WDW that same time this year so I hope it is less crowded.
I enjoy FEA as well, however I would never wait more than 15-20 minutes.

AK at dark looks fun, we have not been at night in ages, since they stopped the EMH at night. We use to go and ride Dinosaur over and over because nothing else was really open lol!

We stayed at AKL in February and the bus transportation did irritate me at times but overall the atmosphere there is so worth it.

When we got to the bus stop, the enthusiastic family who had been waiting almost an hour with us earlier were at the front again!
They saw us and shouted down the line,
“DON’T JYNX US!!!”
A few minutes later a bus looked like it was pulling into our stop, but it veered off at the last minute, and the family yelled at us,
“LEAVE! GET OUT OF THE LINE!!!”
THIS!!!
What a perfectly Disney, amazing exchange!! I love when people can actually accept that they are on vacation and just go with the flow, and laugh at sh*tty situations!

Also, since Epcot was "empty" how long did you wait for Frozen?

Almost as heavy as we were after 3 weeks of club level and dining plan.

Bahaha :rotfl: That's how we felt doing the deluxe dining plan for sure.

Jamie asked what it was called and I said
“I don’t know but it’s really ugly and miserable”
And he said,
“No wonder it’s your favourite.”

As someone who love Eeyore more than Winnie the Pooh, etc., I relate to this.

I’ve been to the Sistine Chapel at The Vatican where Michelangelo painted this IRL!
(Not inside it though, that place gets longer lines than Frozen Ever After on opening day :laughing: )

I've been, too. I've actually been twice, but only once inside because you're right, the lines are insane!!

I actually quite like what they did with this ride.
I’m over the fact that Maelstrom is no more, although I do miss this guy.

c5ba71b4eac796bfa8b2d2d5ce3f9a50.jpg

I think it’s cute and I bet kids love it.
I wouldn’t wait a long time for it though.

Agreed. I really like the Frozen ride. I also liked Maelstrom. But Disney is always changing, and I don't feel like adding their characters to more Epcot things is a bad thing like some people do. But I can't imagine waiting more than 30-40 minutes for it max. It's always amazing to me when lines get up into three digits, because I can't imagine anyone joining a line that long for almost anything.

I’m talking about Living With the Land, duh!

giphy.gif

Excellent ride. Obviously one of your faves. You'd be crazy otherwise.

We went straight to the lounge and ate a bunch of Tanzanian brownies (chocolate brownies topped with peanut butter!)

Apparently the Tanzanians have got it right! Good combo!

The ending of this movie really bugs us both :rotfl:
I knew it was going to get an animated reaction from Jamie so I recorded it :laughing:

Soo true. As a Gryffindor myself, (according to Pottermore, etc.) I totally think Dumbledore is being a major jerk here. Hymie's reaction is priceless though :)

We were all laughing in disbelief!
The shoe was RIGHT next to the wheel, and the baby…had one shoe on…
It was obviously his!
So weird!!

People are nuts. Why would you do that!? Jeez.

Our guide told us not to bother with photos as it’s too dark, so I didn’t take any and just enjoyed the ride.

Very good advice. I tried taking pictures the first half of my nighttime safari and then gave up because it was totally pointless. But the ambiance is good.

So pretty with the lights and EE behind you!!

I had three breakfasts holy cow.

But it's vacation so it's okay!

I wouldn’t wait a long time for it though.

Same.

Hmmm this one isn’t on the animal viewing guide.

We saw a bunny too!

“THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST US!!!!”

:rotfl:I totally agree (and not just because I'm Slytherin). I think that scene is so mean! It's so true after all they were all only children then, you think you'd want to be nice to them so they don't turn into dark wizards :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter