#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

Great report and congrats on your awesome marathon! You've inspired me to start running again! My goal is the Food & Wine 10K this year after a brief hiatus! Thanks Ryan!!!

Thanks! I plan on doing Wine and Dine as well! You can do it!

Great job! I also finished last year with a frozen margarita and the DID make m toss it before they let me on the bus back to the resort. I was so sick I didn't want to hang around to finish it but what a waste, lol!

Yeah I can see them making you get rid of it before you get on the bus. I stayed around for a bit to finish it.

Love the medal photos! Funny how nobody was on Mine Train with you! That Pats fan sounds like a jerk - I was definitely rooting for the Rams (oh well!). Watched the video of Tom Brady at WDW yesterday - bleh! :crazy2:

Love the medal photos! Funny how nobody was on Mine Train with you! That Pats fan sounds like a jerk - I was definitely rooting for the Rams (oh well!). Watched the video of Tom Brady at WDW yesterday - bleh! :crazy2:
Thanks!

I was definitely rooting for the Rams too.

Congrats on another Dopey finish. Your medal photos are great. New England sports fans are obnoxious. I actually read that they are rated the worst sports fans in the nation.

I Missed a Baby Giraffe!

On Monday morning Animal Kingdom had some extra magic hours so I decided to take advantage of that before heading to Epcot. It is the best park after all ;)

IMG_2810 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2811 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I decided to head to the Safari because it was basically a walk on and I wasn't early enough for Pandora.

IMG_8744 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8750 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8761 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Baby Augustus!

IMG_8764 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8784 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8797 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We then got stopped here for a while and there was some commotion. I was in the front seat and there was some calls on the radio that I couldn't hear completely. Some animals up ahead were running around.

This giraffe was hiding in the trees.

IMG_8808 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Turns out this giraffe was giving birth. If you look closely you can see two little fit sticking out the back. After we got off they shut down the safari for a bit as things continued. The new male giraffe is doing quite well.

IMG_8810 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8817 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8821 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Stella was scratching herself against the rock.

IMG_8828 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8832 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8836 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8845 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8849 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8851 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8861 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After the safari I wanted to go over to Everest but Single rider wasn't open and it was listed at a 25 minute wait so I skipped. I did go pick up my Sulley popcorn bucket in Dinoland though. I then headed towards the exit. Thats when news started to swirl that the giraffe was giving birth. I had no idea it was happening while on the safari and didn't realize I caught it until going through my pictures later.

I took a bus from Animal Kingdom to Epcot for #Pandamonium.

Up Next: The time has come for #Pandamonium!

Awesome safari pictures and even neater that you unknowingly caught a picture of the giraffe giving birth . Very cool!

Great animal photos, especially the giraffe! That's so cool that you were there at the perfect time to see that.

Okay, yeah totally hyped that picture up in my head to look way more gruesome. Super cool that you were technically there for it. I love Giraffes!

WOW that is crazy amazing! The fact that you didn't even know when you took the picture is makes it even more incredible! I'm sure the baby will be out running around the safari soon!

Looks like Mr Dopey took a beating! That is the downside of ALL the medals - one or two inevitably get some damage from all the clinking and clanking going on!

WOW that is crazy amazing! The fact that you didn't even know when you took the picture is makes it even more incredible! I'm sure the baby will be out running around the safari soon!

Looks like Mr Dopey took a beating! That is the downside of ALL the medals - one or two inevitably get some damage from all the clinking and clanking going on!
I believe the baby is being introduced to other giraffes right now to get used to them and I’m sure soon after that he will be out and about!

Yeah he did. Not as bad as my marathon 2017 medal has. I always try my best to keep them from getting beat up but it happens.

I was gonna go to AK for EMH on Monday morning ... but it's Animal Kingdom, so I slept in instead :)

Cool that you (unknowingly) got a picture of the giraffe giving birth! That's something most people don't get to see.

I was gonna go to AK for EMH on Monday morning ... but it's Animal Kingdom, so I slept in instead :)

Cool that you (unknowingly) got a picture of the giraffe giving birth! That's something most people don't get to see.
#Thumbsdown

That’s why every safari is different ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts