#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

Celebration Time!

Post the marathon I took my time and got ready for some time at the Magic Kingdom. I always spend some time here after the marathon for some photos.

APC_0015 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8721 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8726 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

3 years of Dopey...

APC_0019 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

3 Marathons...

APC_0024 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8733 by Ryan Teetz, on Flick

APC_0028 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0034 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0035 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0037 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0039 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Obligatory Castle photo

IMG_2767 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2769 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then I went to meet Mickey!

IMG_2766 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then @Princess KP had been talking about nachos so I had to get some. Only place really to do that in MK was Pecos Bills so...

IMG_2763 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I had a Mine Train FP after that.

IMG_2782 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Nobody wanted to ride with me apparently...

IMG_2783 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Space Mountain after that...

IMG_2781 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I then went over to Big Thunder because its the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

IMG_2772 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Pirates was my final ride before heading out.

IMG_2776 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2792 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My last time seeing the lights this trip.

IMG_2779 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Dinner that night was at Ohana but first I met up with @Keels, @croach, @jennamfeo and 1 and 2 at Mizner's at the Grand Floridian. On the way in I saw some Shenanigans members. Keels was of course cheering on her Saints. We were sitting there and a guy and his wife sit down next to us. We are all watching the game and we find out he is a Pats fan of course. This was towards the end of the game and it was a pretty good game (way better than that boring Super Bowl) and the guy kept making stupid comments. The Saints clinch the game for the most part and Keels yells at the guy "HEY GLASSES! How do you like that?" He was wearing sunglasses on his head. He says yeah see you in a few weeks at the Super Bowl JAMBALAYA! We all were like what? He just says Jambalaya at the end of that comment and walks out. So for the rest of the trip (and still ongoing really) Jambalaya is our running joke.

We then walked over to the Poly for Ohana. We watched Happily Ever After @Princess KP joined us as well. Ohana was good. It was't great but I would go again. There are certainly other places I would choose first. I then took a lyft back to Pop for the night. Big Pandamonium day tomorrow!

Up Next: I missed a baby giraffe!

I am dying over these pictures of you all solo on these rides. Like did you shower? Did you still smell like a Marathon?! Why is no one in that train car with you?? LOLOL. Plus, I don't think Disneyland Pirates has a photo op in it and now I am grumpy that I didn't ride it last trip.

Don't forget the finger point when he yelled JAMbalaya! What a trip. Haha.

I am dying over these pictures of you all solo on these rides. Like did you shower? Did you still smell like a Marathon?! Why is no one in that train car with you?? LOLOL. Plus, I don't think Disneyland Pirates has a photo op in it and now I am grumpy that I didn't ride it last trip.

Don't forget the finger point when he yelled JAMbalaya! What a trip. Haha.
People must not like me. I swear I showered. The Mine Train this family wanted to all ride together so they waited back. Nobody really knows where to look for the WDW pirate photo.

JAMbalaya!!

So question regarding the races. In order to do them do you have to have a park ticket to run the race? I noticed they go throughout the parks.

Also, I love the photos with all your medals after the race. What a great memory!

So question regarding the races. In order to do them do you have to have a park ticket to run the race? I noticed they go throughout the parks.

Also, I love the photos with all your medals after the race. What a great memory!
Nope, they are all done before the parks open except for the marathon but no park ticket is needed. That would be odd if that was a requirement.

Thanks!

Great medal pictures! That's hilarious and awesome that you are alone on mine train though.

I never heard the story where Jambalaya came from. So did he say it Jam like in jam and jelly?

Love the medal pictures, especially with the character statues. I was thinking about getting a beer in EPCOT during the marathon and was wondering if they’d have people taking it from us before we left the park to hit the finish line. Now that I know the answer, next year!

Love the medal pictures, especially with the character statues. I was thinking about getting a beer in EPCOT during the marathon and was wondering if they’d have people taking it from us before we left the park to hit the finish line. Now that I know the answer, next year!
Thanks! I think there would be a lot of upset runners if they made you dispose of your beer/margarita!

I didn’t want to finish the marathon with a margarita in my hand...just in case it was a one and done. But, since it wasn’t, that might just be on my list for 2020!

Nice medals photos. I should have taken more with mine, but I get impatient.

Now I'm hungry for jambalaya.

Thanks! Understandable since you were with your family. More time to do little things when you're solo.

I didn’t want to finish the marathon with a margarita in my hand...just in case it was a one and done. But, since it wasn’t, that might just be on my list for 2020!

Its a lot of fun!

Thanks! I think there would be a lot of upset runners if they made you dispose of your beer/margarita!

Great job! I also finished last year with a frozen margarita and the DID make m toss it before they let me on the bus back to the resort. I was so sick I didn't want to hang around to finish it but what a waste, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!