#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

I felt like the entire course was so much better this year in terms of crowding, but that makes sense with the lower numbers of participants, but I can remember last year being unable to even do our run intervals in several spots (near Contemporary, cone alley, out and back before AK) and that didn't happen this year at all.
Agreed. Last year definitely had crowding issues. This year was much more manageable.

Its All About the Shenanigans Part 2!

I forgot my castle pic in the first part...

IMG_2926 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I have nothing better to do than write my trip report right now with the ongoing Polar Vortex. However I was without internet for about 30ish hours due to the weather.

Anyways onto Mile 7 on my way to heaven.

IMG_2688 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Mary Poppins Penguins were out. I don't think I have ever stopped for them. One of these days I will.

Mile 8 and I was feeling great!

IMG_2690 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

One of my favorite stops was back. The old attraction vehicle stop!

IMG_2691 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 9 with plenty of time.

IMG_2692 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Adventurers Clubs members were out!

IMG_2693 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

They had an Orange Bird statue out along this stretch that I wish i would've gotten a picture of.

Mile 10 what could've been!

IMG_2694 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 11 and it was starting to feel like I was running 24/7

IMG_2695 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Banana stop at Mile 12! (I don't know what to rhyme with 12) @Keels hates bananas so I told her I was gonna save mine for her. She would rather be in a cabana than eat a banana anyways.

IMG_2696 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Finally getting into Animal Kingdom!

I got a picture with a Donkey!

IMG_2697 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I then saw nobody in line for Timon (or To Moan as @croach calls him)

IMG_3076 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 13 and I wasn't feeling green.

IMG_2707 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I had to stop for this rare character Madame Upanova from Fantasia!

IMG_2709 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Next up was Everest! It was about 8:40AM definitely the earliest I have ever gotten to Everest. I contemplated skipping but I then saw @Princess KP waiting so I waited with her as well. They weren't going to open the ride until 9AM. It did worry me a little to wait that ling during the race but it was worth it in the end. I texted @jennamfeo since I thought she was ahead of me but nope she was behind me and they were there soon enough. Sorry to those in line but we had her and @Bree join us at the front. There were also two people waiting in the FP line which had us thinking about telling them that their accounts were gonna lock up because they didn't scan in at the front of the park. We didn't tell them and we don't know if that makes us bad people but it is what it is.

Anyways first Everest train of the day!

IMG_2710 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2744 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Bucket list item achieved and off we went!

Great picture of me and Jenna.

IMG_2803 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And out of Animal Kingdom we went...

Mile 14 I didn't need any morphine!

IMG_2713 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Next up was the Gravediggers which I have never done. I was unsure about laying on the ground but YOLO!

IMG_2837 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 15 I could use some caffeine!

IMG_2722 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 16 skip the vaseline.

IMG_2723 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This is what many call the highway of death. Its sort of a boring stretch between AK and WWoS. It certainly could be better. They don't have many characters on this stretch either.

Up Next: Its All About the Shenanigans! Part 3

Last edited:
Awesome pictures. I love that you guys got to be on the first train of Everest. I'd love getting my picture with the gravediggers but the line was long and I'm not sure I'd get up if I laid down by that point.

Awesome pictures. I love that you guys got to be on the first train of Everest. I'd love getting my picture with the gravediggers but the line was long and I'm not sure I'd get up if I laid down by that point.
Thanks! It was definitely a great experience. When I went by there were only a handful or so people at the gravediggers so that helped my decision to stop for that one.

Yay for having a fun race! Lots of phots and fun! And next year you can get a beer as you wait too!

I love your rhyming, totally laughing here.

One of my favorite stops was back. The old attraction vehicle stop!
I wonder what happened to the skybucket? The sign is nice I don't remember that last year.

had to stop for this rare character Madame Upanova from Fantasia!
Yes, me too. I was like "ooh ooh ooh, must stop" to my friend, then found out her name later. Great photo!

There were also two people waiting in the FP line which had us thinking about telling them that their accounts were gonna lock up because they didn't scan in at the front of the park. We didn't tell them and we don't know if that makes us bad people but it is what it is.
They probably wouldn't have believed you anyway. I've found if I tell people that, they think I'm making it up. I still just don't think I could do a ride then get back to running, but you all looked like you had a blast!

I love your rhyming, totally laughing here.

I wonder what happened to the skybucket? The sign is nice I don't remember that last year.

Yes, me too. I was like "ooh ooh ooh, must stop" to my friend, then found out her name later. Great photo!

They probably wouldn't have believed you anyway. I've found if I tell people that, they think I'm making it up. I still just don't think I could do a ride then get back to running, but you all looked like you had a blast!
Thanks!

Maybe its the one they put in that Disney Style store at Disney Springs now?

Yeah not sure how those people would've reacted had we mentioned it to them.

Enjoying the marathon recap. Stopping for EE during the race sounds like such a fun idea. Is it terrible that I kind of want to run this race just to say I rode a Disney coaster in the middle of it? :rotfl2:

Enjoying the marathon recap. Stopping for EE during the race sounds like such a fun idea. Is it terrible that I kind of want to run this race just to say I rode a Disney coaster in the middle of it? :rotfl2:
I’ve run the WDW marathon 3 times and each time I’ve rode Everest. Everyone when I tell them back home thinks I’m crazy. It’s really the only marathon you can do such a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts