#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

The tour looks great and not very expensive. I have Wild Africa Trek on my list, but I may add this one too. I haven't tried Homecomin'. And thanks to you posting the phone cases in the group text, that was my first stop when I got to Disney Springs. Got a Dopey phone case because it looks cool and it's motivation for the next year. Great pictures!

The tour looks great and not very expensive. I have Wild Africa Trek on my list, but I may add this one too. I haven't tried Homecomin'. And thanks to you posting the phone cases in the group text, that was my first stop when I got to Disney Springs. Got a Dopey phone case because it looks cool and it's motivation for the next year. Great pictures!
Wild Africa Trek is definitely on my list when I have some extra money too.

Definitely try Homecomin’

Glad you got the phone case! I skipped them this year. I got one last year tho.

Great race recap. I'm in awe of all the people who are perfect Dopeys. To do the challenge once is a feat, but to do it every year? Awesome.

You're working your way through a lot of the Animal Kingdom's special tours, which is so cool. I can't believe how reasonable the caring for giants tour cost for how much time you get to stand and observe the elephants.

Baby elephant!!:love: I could watch her all day! Great elephant photos!

I'm kinda surprised you were able to walk on FoP without a FP - I know Disney is often generous about that with trying to keep a group together, but I would have thought they would be stricter on that ride. Lucky you!

Great race recap. I'm in awe of all the people who are perfect Dopeys. To do the challenge once is a feat, but to do it every year? Awesome.

You're working your way through a lot of the Animal Kingdom's special tours, which is so cool. I can't believe how reasonable the caring for giants tour cost for how much time you get to stand and observe the elephants.

I agree!

Yes the tour is very reasonable. It’s well worth it if you can do it.

Baby elephant!!:love: I could watch her all day! Great elephant photos!

I'm kinda surprised you were able to walk on FoP without a FP - I know Disney is often generous about that with trying to keep a group together, but I would have thought they would be stricter on that ride. Lucky you!

Thanks!

I thought the same thing!

Wow, awesome elephant pictures! That tour sounds great!

I haven't tried Homecomin' yet but wow, that sandwich looks good.

Wait, you DIDN'T buy the MagicBand?? ;)

Love your 10K costume, genius!

Wow, awesome elephant pictures! That tour sounds great!

I haven't tried Homecomin' yet but wow, that sandwich looks good.

Wait, you DIDN'T buy the MagicBand?? ;)

Love your 10K costume, genius!
Homecomin' is really good. I want to try their brunch next.

No magicbands were purchased on this trip surprisingly!

Thanks!

After about 50 minutes it was time to head back. I highly recommend this tour if you can. Its inexpensive compared to many Disney tours and the proceeds go to elephant conservation.
I can't wait to try this in 2 weeks! I realized my mom loves elephants, so I thought it would be fun for her to experience.

@Keels was being naggy and wanted me to head over to Nomad and meet up with them. This is also where I met her infamous friends One and Two. They had Fastpasses for Flight of Passage. I did not so they all devised a plan to get me on the ride with them. I was totally expecting some issues with this. We walk up to the touchpoints they tap and then I tap and of course its blue. The CM says are you with them? We say yeah and she says ok. That was like the easiest free FP ever. We all laughed that off as @Princess KP had a plan for me to be her son to get on. Anyways...
I also say if you are polite and don't expect anything, the CMs are usually very accommodating. It's when you demand something or are entitled that they will not allow it!

On my way out I grabbed one of my favorite desserts from Amorrette's

Mmm, Mickey Mousse!

I can't wait to try this in 2 weeks! I realized my mom loves elephants, so I thought it would be fun for her to experience.

I also say if you are polite and don't expect anything, the CMs are usually very accommodating. It's when you demand something or are entitled that they will not allow it!

Mmm, Mickey Mousse!
You will love the tour!

Yeah I definitely wasn't expecting it and we weren't demanding of anything. Its not something I would abuse.

Does this get me unlimited Fastpasses?

It was time to run a 10K! The Walt Disney World 10K was my very first race 5 years prior so I really enjoy this race. I had my awesome costume that I made because I love magicbands. @roxymama gave me the idea.

I got there early enough that I met Mickey.

IMG_2453 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was on to the Team Shenanigans meet up. I got to know them at the last marathon weekend. They are a fun bunch of people.

IMG_2524 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After that I went over to the DIS meet up cause @jennamfeo had shots again and why would I pass that up?

IMG_3078 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Jenna made us stand next to each other cause I am not exactly tall and Lee is...

IMG_3077 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was off to the corrals!

IMG_2456 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2458 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And we're off!

Mary Poppins was up on the overpass. In the past they have had princesses up there.

IMG_2460 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 1!

IMG_2462 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Wreck it Ralph was meeting but I skipped as they are often out. Soon after that I spotted some Ghost Hosts! @Chris-Mo and @ZellyB We said hellos and then I stopped in line for Rescue Rangers because its the Rescue Rangers.

IMG_2463 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Apparently a lot of people were picking up their nuts...

IMG_2591 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I had met up with @jennamfeo and @Bree at this point. I ended up running the rest of the race with them.

Mile 2!

IMG_2466 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 3!

IMG_2467 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 4!

IMG_2468 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Character lines were decently long again so not a lot of stopping.

We did stop for Football Goofy though!

IMG_2469 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 5!

IMG_2470 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And then right there was @mrsg00fy and @Keels! The Keels booze stop was shut down by some Disney police guy and we didn't think Keels deserved to go to jail so no booze.

Mile 6!

IMG_2471 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And done! 9.3 down 39.3 to go!

IMG_2589 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

More race photos...

IMG_2519 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2525 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2526 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2527 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2516 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2517 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2482 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After that we didn't really stick around much. I was off to a Team Shenanigans breakfast. On the way back I tried to open my room with my costume but it didn't work... :(

Up next: Galactic Hero Status!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!