#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

I stopped for Scottish Goofy too (and Donald). He was just so cute in his Scottish costume! I think I even complemented him on his outfit. :rotfl2: I was in corral A, maybe wave 6 or so? The lines weren’t to bad for me. Goofy was longer than Donald, but both characters combined only took about 11-12 min. Corral A is the best! Too bad I only get it for 5k’s.

I’m enjoying your trip report so far and looking forward to what’s to come!

I stopped for Scottish Goofy too (and Donald). He was just so cute in his Scottish costume! I think I even complemented him on his outfit. :rotfl2: I was in corral A, maybe wave 6 or so? The lines weren’t to bad for me. Goofy was longer than Donald, but both characters combined only took about 11-12 min. Corral A is the best! Too bad I only get it for 5k’s.

I’m enjoying your trip report so far and looking forward to what’s to come!

Yeah corral A is definitely the best. I wish I would’ve stopped for Donald but I did get him later.

Enjoying reliving Dopey weekend through your report!

Awesome!

LOVE Scottish Goofy. You got some great running shots too even though you aren't smiling much. :D I'm not sure I could handle a shot before a race even though it might be fun to try.

Ready to hear about your day at AK!!

LOVE Scottish Goofy. You got some great running shots too even though you aren't smiling much. :D I'm not sure I could handle a shot before a race even though it might be fun to try.

Ready to hear about your day at AK!!
Yeah the 5K was not my best race in terms of looking happy. Might have been the weather?

Coming up!

Hopping aboard a little late. Looking forward to reading more. I am following some of the other runners TR too. Will be interesting to read the different perspectives on the events !

Hopping aboard a little late. Looking forward to reading more. I am following some of the other runners TR too. Will be interesting to read the different perspectives on the events !
Glad to have you!

A Wild Time at Animal Kingdom!

I quickly got ready for my day at Animal Kingdom after the 5K. I wanted to make some use of the extra magic hours. I know many people say to avoid EMH but I don't mind them.

A police dog was doing some training when I was entering.

IMG_2305 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Animal Kingdom is the best park and you won't convince me otherwise ;)

IMG_2306 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2308 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2311 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Quick walk through Pandora to see the wait times.

IMG_2312 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then I moved onto the Safari since the app said it was a walk on.

IMG_2314 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite things to photograph. The animals always make it so interesting.

IMG_8428 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8441 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8457 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8462 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8472 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8477 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8487 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8497 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8508 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8522 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This might be one of my most favorite safari pictures ever.

IMG_8526 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8541 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Continued in Next post...

A Wild Time At Animal Kingdom!

I headed towards Expedition Everest next!

IMG_2328 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2330 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Where did Everest go?

IMG_2331 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2420 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was back to Pandora for a ride on the Navi River Journey!

IMG_2335 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2336 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2342 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Dinosaur...

IMG_2419 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I needed to warm up a bit with some Starbucks.

IMG_2349 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Primeval Whirl was no wait so I said what the heck.

IMG_2351 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2352 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Some active primates today.

IMG_2355 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I then went over to the tour desk and asked if they had any availability for the Caring for Giants tour. I have been wanting to do this one and hadn't had the chance yet. They had a space on the 1PM tour so I took it. It was $25 with AP discount. Can't go wrong with that!

I did the Maharaja Jungle trek after the but not a lot of activity happening.

IMG_2356 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2357 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2359 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2361 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: Baby Stella just wants to play!

Great recap so far! Yes, the 5k was all about staying warm, it was crazy though the first runners had hardly anything on. I was amazed how much water we still went through at the water stop even with it so cold. Love the Scottish Goofy, super jealous of that one! Looks you had a blast!

Love Animal Kingdom too. I debated the Elephant Tour but the cold weather made me hold off on it. Good to know you got a day of spot, I wondered if that was possible.

I met Big Al later in this trip. Definitely a highlight!
cool! Big Al crept on me our last MK day and scared me, but I got a good pic!

Great recap so far! Yes, the 5k was all about staying warm, it was crazy though the first runners had hardly anything on. I was amazed how much water we still went through at the water stop even with it so cold. Love the Scottish Goofy, super jealous of that one! Looks you had a blast!

Love Animal Kingdom too. I debated the Elephant Tour but the cold weather made me hold off on it. Good to know you got a day of spot, I wondered if that was possible.

cool! Big Al crept on me our last MK day and scared me, but I got a good pic!
It was fun despite the cool weather. There is only one water stop for the 5K so thats probably why it was busy.

The CM at the desk said they usually have spots for the afternoon tours so keep that in mind for the future.

Enjoying following along! I never noticed/realized that the shrine? structure? is a match for Everest. I'm always learning new things about Disney through these boards and reports.

Love the safari photos! I used to be meh about AK and now it's one of my favorite places to go! I love the animals and rides - even though the park is always way hotter/humid than the rest of Florida.

Enjoying following along! I never noticed/realized that the shrine? structure? is a match for Everest. I'm always learning new things about Disney through these boards and reports.

Love the safari photos! I used to be meh about AK and now it's one of my favorite places to go! I love the animals and rides - even though the park is always way hotter/humid than the rest of Florida.
Yes the shrine or whatever you want to call it is intentionally placed to match up with Everest. Its those little details that make me love AK.

I find Epcot to be pretty hot as well so I don't fault AK for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter