Jack's Back & So Are We!!!-Sep 2021 HHN 30/WDW TR- Completed 12/18

Last Trip to HHN

Here's the last dining report post: Amorette's + F&W Pt 2

This morning I got ready and transferred over to my hotel at Sapphire Falls. Luckily, Lyfts can come to the individual buildings at Saratoga Springs so I really just needed to get my luggage down the stairs, and without the laundry bag it was a lot easier.

When my flights got changed, I was able to change some of my plans around; and I decided to forgo the Disney day I had planned to spend some time at Universal & my hotel.

Here is my room at Sapphire Falls:

IMG_0710.jpeg

I definitely had more than enough space since it was just me.
The shower was also nicer than the one we'd had the last time we stayed there, but someone had aimed the showerhead at the far wall which I didn't notice until I turned it on, and it was bouncing off the wall and getting everywhere. :rotfl:

IMG_0713.jpeg

I love this mirror, but I do still wish there were more space on the counters.

This was my view:

IMG_0716.jpeg

I had a lagoon view room which I think may have been the only category left when I reserved the room here. (Or when I switched it because I changed from two days to one at the last minute).

Most of my afternoon was spent eating so I'll save that for my dining post. :rotfl:

But look what I found!!!

IMG_0836.jpeg

I stopped at the store on Citywalk where we'd looked last week for the little Slytherin snake (and found every other house except Slytherin's plush), and this week they finally had it!

I try not to buy too many plushes on trips anymore because I have nowhere to put them, but this trip I had to get these two. Plus our room is kind of Slytherin themed so the snake stays coiled around my lamp now. :rotfl:

After lunch with Zack and Alyssa, I thought I may go to the parks before HHN; but right when we got out it started raining so we all headed back to the hotel. I watched TV for awhile, and the rain took forever to clear up. Finally around 8 pm it looked like it was done so we all headed out. (Since it was my last night I had wanted to get there earlier, but not if I got soaked since almost everything was packed already and I only had one pair of shoes out).

IMG_0778.jpeg

My goal was to do all my favorite houses, and any I hadn't done a second time yet. So we did Brides again (I still didn't get the hype), Texas Chainsaw Massacre again (had some screaming girls who basically jumped on my back this time too, but I did think the house was fun overall).

We also saw Jack while in line:

IMG_0781.jpeg

We got some snacks on our last time through the Tribute Store.

IMG_0843.jpeg

Did Scarey again (which I still felt like I didn't "get").
We did Wicked Growth and Puppet Theatre again which were amazing like always.

IMG_0802.jpeg

Grabbed some Twisted Taters:

IMG_0844.jpeg

At this point it was getting late, and I'd said I was going to leave early because of my 4:30 am wake up time, but I couldn't help but want to soak up every last minute of HHN I could.

So we went to Hill House one last time. :rotfl:

And it was great! The tall man scared me, the mask and the floor zombie got Alyssa, and I was laughing because the mom's mask reminded me of the Phantom of the Opera.
We ended up heading out around midnightish.

It was really sad to say goodbye to Alyssa and Zack for another year. :( I hope we get to continue this tradition for the 5th year. I wanted to head home and see Josh, but I also wish I got to spend more time with them; although I did get to spend more time with them than usual because I was solo on most of this trip. I'm thankful they didn't mind me crashing their plans. :rotfl:

In my typical fashion of always being late, and never going to sleep on time. I don't think I actually went to bed till like 2:30 am. :rotfl: First I recorded my trip wrap up, then I showered, then I got distracted by some videos on Tiktok. So I got a strong two hours of sleep before I had to wake up and check out.

I basically had everything ready so I didn't have to do much, besides check out and call an Uber.

At the airport the guy in front of me in the security line had like 20 things in his bag that kept setting the machine off and he had to keep taking them off so it took me forever to get through. :rotfl: Once I did, I grabbed some breakfast before the flight home. I luckily had a mostly empty row, and plenty of time to sleep when I got home.

Next Up

Despite this being the last day there's still another post or two coming!

Last edited:
I love these mirrors, but I do still wish there were more space on the counters.

I find this so annoying at hotels when there is little counter space. You want to have easy access to everything on vacay!!

but this trip I had to get these two. Plus our room is kind of Slytherin themed so the snake stays coiled around my lamp now. :rotfl:

These are adorable...I don't blame you for wanting to bring them home!! Although I never know what to do with them once home either!

I love all the vlogs from this trip, but after we got back I feel like I’m pretty sick of filming on trips & editing afterwards. I’m currently taking a break from Youtube & I’ve privated my videos. I’m not planning to vlog our next trip, but I’ll have to see how I feel about it when we get there.

Last edited:
Loved your report Raeven......filled with loads of info and lots of fun too!! I did enjoy reading along with you.

The vlogs must have taken a lot of time and effort, I can see why you won`t do them anymore, but you did them so well!!

Already looking forward to your next trip report......:wave2:

Loved your report Raeven......filled with loads of info and lots of fun too!! I did enjoy reading along with you.

The vlogs must have taken a lot of time and effort, I can see why you won`t do them anymore, but you did them so well!!

Already looking forward to your next trip report......:wave2:

Thank you!

Yeah, it was a lot of time and took a lot of time on the trip to film them. I'm not going to say never, but right now I'm not planning more. :thumbsup2

Wrap Up

I'm not going to say things still aren't crazy in the world because they are, but after two years it was really nice to be able to get back for HHN & see friends. I do wish Josh had been able to stay longer on this trip, but I do think we packed a lot into the first few days to make up for it. I'm also glad I got to visit Disney again before they made all the changes with Genie+ and got to see HEA one last time.

Though I missed HHN after leaving, I definitely think having 5 days there gave me enough time to experience everything I wanted to see. I also loved every hotel I stayed in this trip and I think they all had beautiful rooms.

IMG_9899.jpeg

Other things I loved: On this trip I got my first interactive wand, which was so much fun. We had such a great Harry Potter themed day.

All the new little spooky things from snacks to stores were amazing, and I hope they get brought back next year.

I had such good food at Food & Wine.

Got to say goodbye to HEA twice.

Ate numerous Twisted Taters with Alyssa & Zack. :rotfl:

Got to celebrate Michelle's birthday.

& got to meet all kinds of characters at HHN. :thumbsup2

IMG_9601.jpeg

On the food front we got to visit some of our favorite restaurants again, but also tried some new restaurants. (All of which can be found in my DTR).

I don't have any planned trips on the horizon so I won't be starting a new PTR right away. (We’re definitely going back for HHN, but I’m undecided on where we’re going on our other vacation in May 2022). If you want to follow along in between then I'll definitely be posting on Instragram. And here's a little catch up from the last few months since I went on the trip!

Went to a few local haunt before Halloween:

IMG_1451.jpeg

Gave Teddy some Christmas treats:

IMG_2158.jpeg

Bought 100 truffles when I went Christmas shopping:

IMG_2206.jpeg

Not as gifts, they were all for us.:rotfl:

Celebrated Thanksgiving:

IMG_2293.jpeg

We did spooky Christmas decor this year:

IMG_2538.jpeg

Had a birthday party for Teddy.

Yes, my dad made a special hamster cake (with layers!)

IMG_2574.jpeg

It was the cutest thing ever.

IMG_2614.jpeg

And finally we just celebrated Josh's birthday this weekend:

IMG_2787.jpeg

& now I have to finish wrapping Christmas presents. :rotfl:

Happy Holidays everyone! I'll see ya real soon!

Last edited:
I enjoyed reading all about your trip and especially HHN. We had to cancel our HHN/Disney trip at the end of September this year.
It looks like you had an awesome time, I loved seeing all your pictures and the different resorts!
Teddy is adorable! My daughter has a rabbit named Douglas and I call him my grandbunny lol 😆
Have a Happy Holiday and a wonderful New Year!

I enjoyed reading all about your trip and especially HHN. We had to cancel our HHN/Disney trip at the end of September this year.
It looks like you had an awesome time, I loved seeing all your pictures and the different resorts!
Teddy is adorable! My daughter has a rabbit named Douglas and I call him my grandbunny lol 😆
Have a Happy Holiday and a wonderful New Year!

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. Lol grandbunny I love it! Happy Holidays to you too!

Now Josh`s birthday meal looked much better than Teddy`s......although I did like Teddy`s hat! Cute......aand belated birthday wishes to them both....... :thumbsup2

That poor dog did not look happy to be wearing an outfit........lol.....but love your dads butter turkey`s......I want them at our table now! I never thought to look for moulds to do that with, but I will......

Loved your whole report Raeven and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous 2022........:santa::wave2:

Now Josh`s birthday meal looked much better than Teddy`s......although I did like Teddy`s hat! Cute......aand belated birthday wishes to them both....... :thumbsup2

That poor dog did not look happy to be wearing an outfit........lol.....but love your dads butter turkey`s......I want them at our table now! I never thought to look for moulds to do that with, but I will......

Loved your whole report Raeven and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous 2022........:santa::wave2:

Haha Josh’s was better than Teddy’s :thumbsup2 Thank you!

lol they say she likes it. Though she didn’t like the santa hat I gave her yesterday:lmao: I think he buys the butter turkeys and other shapes at the market. They must sell them before every holiday.

Thank you! Have a wonderful Christmas too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter