J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

How did ur party go??? I thought about u yesterday bcuz i had a bday party i attended, pics please.... :goodvibes

Party looks like it was a lot of fun! I love your dress! So glad the weather held out for you,too. So exciting that you are heading to Disney this week! My in-laws just got back and said it was a little cooler than normal for September. Can't wait to hear all about it!!:goodvibes

Party looks like it was a lot of fun! I love your dress! So glad the weather held out for you,too. So exciting that you are heading to Disney this week! My in-laws just got back and said it was a little cooler than normal for September. Can't wait to hear all about it!!:goodvibes

Thanks!!! I actually got my dress online (Rue la la) and hadn't tried it on or anything so I was pleasantly surprised with it! :cutie: I can't wait to get down there, only 4 more days!! We are about to get some colder weather starting this weekend, I'll have to peek if it's a whole east coast thing and pack accordingly! Just being there is enough for me whether it's cold or not, at least I'm not working!! This is totally me right now: :surfweb:

It must be a whole east coast thing :) I live 5 mins from MK and right now it says that on Sat its supposed to be a high of 86 and on Sunday a high of 81! That's definitely cooler than normal!

Looks like you had a great engagement party! Im glad the weather turned out good for you:cool1: The flower girl and ring bearer are so cute!

It must be a whole east coast thing :) I live 5 mins from MK and right now it says that on Sat its supposed to be a high of 86 and on Sunday a high of 81! That's definitely cooler than normal!

I'll take 86 and 81 gladly!! :) Only a few more days til we're down there, yipee!!! :banana:

Looks like you had a great engagement party! Im glad the weather turned out good for you:cool1: The flower girl and ring bearer are so cute!

Thanks!! We really enjoyed it! Aren't they?? They had their own little photo shoot of them sitting on this ledge, too funny!

So I work in insurance and I've been working like a dog doing OT since we got engaged and I found my dress so I could go back and get it before we go on vacation since they told me the particular designer takes 5-7 months! I'm excited to report I get paid Friday and my OT is finally enough that I can go get my dress!!! :banana::banana::banana: I'm so excited!! I have an appointment 10am on Friday to get measured and order it! I've really been stressed I wouldn't be able to work enough to order it in time so this is such a relief! :thumbsup2

I'm working today then I have the rest of the week off and we leave on Friday afternoon for Disney - we can't wait!!!

One week from today until our PS!!!! :cheer2:

So I work in insurance and I've been working like a dog doing OT since we got engaged and I found my dress so I could go back and get it before we go on vacation since they told me the particular designer takes 5-7 months! I'm excited to report I get paid Friday and my OT is finally enough that I can go get my dress!!! :banana::banana::banana: I'm so excited!! I have an appointment 10am on Friday to get measured and order it! I've really been stressed I wouldn't be able to work enough to order it in time so this is such a relief! :thumbsup2

I'm working today then I have the rest of the week off and we leave on Friday afternoon for Disney - we can't wait!!!

One week from today until our PS!!!! :cheer2:

Yay for ordering your dress and for your PS in a week! I'm so excited to see how everything goes! I am to get the 'it's been six months since I've been to Disney' feeling...so jealous that you're heading down there! I guess I will live vicariously through you :goodvibes

Tomorrow we'll be heading down to Disney, yippeeee!!

My sister, her husband, and my nephew are heading down on Saturday, then my mom is heading down on Tuesday (just in time for the PS). My nephew is only 16 mos so I'm really excited to be with him in Disney!

I've been running around mad getting things for the PS, I printed a bunch of pictures of ideas I like, I also started to look for other flowers besides peonies that I can use so I can be prepared when they tell me how much peonies will be! I also got a sample of the fabric/color for the BM dresses, and some gray ribbon to show which shade of gray we're thinking. We've got our AP vouchers, ME vouchers, etc all set! I just need to pack us up today and we're good to go! Soooo excited!!! :goodvibes

I also went dress shopping with mom yesterday (for her). She wants something that hits right below her knees apparently, my girls are wearing short dresses but is it appropriate for the moms to be wearing short dresses too? I know we're not going for the super formal feel, and it's in FL so it will likely be hot, IDK. I'm trying to steer her towards long. We'll see I guess!! I'm hoping to get her to try on more tomorrow when we go back to the store to order MY dress- so excited for this too!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Anyone want to know anything specifically in FL? We're there for 9 days and we've got time, I don't mind taking pictures of certain things etc. I'm going to try for buttons too and if we're able to get more, I'll let you all know and send them out, for those that aren't going down for a bit- before you spend money on ebay if they still have some strays down there. We're not bringing the computer with us so this will likely be my last post til we're back! Cross your fingers for us we have nice weather please!!! :dance3:

I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to have so much fun. Make sure you don't eat at all before the food tasting, you can't believe how much food they are going to give you. I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back.

Glad to see you that you are ordering your dress. Thats a big thing off your list. As far as your mom I don't see anything wrong with her having a shorter dress since you aren't going with a real formal wedding and since your bridesmaids will be wearing a shorter dress. My girls are wearing long dresses and so is my mom and mil. The women we worked with suggested that the parents match the style of our bridesmaids.

While you are in Disney if you are able to find some extra just married pins I would love 2!!! :)

Have a great time, say hi to Mickey!

TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!! i luv 2 read PJ's with pics :lovestruc
Can i get a favor??? when u get on the monorail 2 the magic kingdom can u take pics of the wedding pavilion & the beaches on both sides... i dont need a close up just a broad view of the construction that is going on... Thanks a million :flower3: Have a blast :goodvibes

You know, here in the UK, it is relatively unusual for the MOB to wear a long dress, no matter what the BMs are wearing. Most MOB here wear short dresses and elaborate hats!!

Hi Everyone!! I am sitting on our balcony at the BWV and have so much to share!! My sister is here with her husband and nephew and great for me, she brought her work laptop, so i borrowed it for a few minutes to give an update!!

We had our PS on Tuesday and it was AMAZING!! Maxine is great and so is Laura (floral). It really solidified our choice for having a Disney World wedding! AND we are more than happy to report we are now getting married on SHIPWRECK BEACH!!! :banana::banana::banana: DF is more than thrilled with me, with Maxine, and with life in general now that we are getting married on the beach. It did slightly irk me that Maxine said we could have it there without hesitation when I battled our coordinator previously and was shot down. buttttt since it worked out, I'll take it!!! :woohoo:

We are also having a "progressive wedding" now, by having the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour at SBP, then reception still at the BW ballroom. The ballroom was also very pretty (except for the horrid chairs of course). Our tasting was also AMAZING. Really, nothing negative at all to say or complain about. We are definitely happy campers!! Even after 6 hours of planning, DF had nothing to complain about, which made me so happy too! :cool1:

I did walk down to check out the beach at the WP- it hasnt been touched yet on either side. There are stakes up on the Floridian side (i took pics but can't add them through sister's work computer), but no construction yet. The beach on the poly side is also completely intact AND- again Maxine without hesitation told me we could have our wedding for 80-100 people on the beach at the Poly. Color me P.O.'ed since I originally wanted it there, but now that we have the block and everything planned at the BW, we're staying at the BW. FYI to future brides, if you want the beach next to WP (Poly side), they'll do it. :goodvibes:

I'm also on the hunt for "Just Married" pins, but when you ask for them, they just hand you "Happily Ever After" I'm convinced they've been completely replaced at this point. :sad2:

Well that's all for now, I will update with more details and pictures once we're back on Sunday!! Enjoying our last few days in the world before we come back for our wedding- eee!! :dance3::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter