I've never had groceries delivered to a Disney resort...

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm considering placing a small order for a short, upcoming trip.

I only visit Disney usually during free dining so I've never had to worry.

Would love to get a case of water and some snacks!

What makes the most sense? Local grocery delivery or Amazon?

Any reason to choose one over the other?

Do I just provide hotel mailing address?

Sorry...#newbie

We had Safeway delivered to POR when were there this past summer and it worked out great!

We chose Safeway over Amazon because they had wine and beer, Amazon did not.

We just got back from our trip and used 2 different delivery services. We used Walmart for all our basic snacks and groceries and used Instacart for beer and wine. Both services worked great, showed up in the hour delivery window they gave us and overall were both great experiences. I would recommend both and if you search around online you can find coupon codes for free delivery with each.

We just got back from our trip and used 2 different delivery services. We used Walmart for all our basic snacks and groceries and used Instacart for beer and wine. Both services worked great, showed up in the hour delivery window they gave us and overall were both great experiences. I would recommend both and if you search around online you can find coupon codes for free delivery with each.
Doesn't Walmart deliver beer and wine? We're looking at a delivery from them and it shows alcohol is available.

It shows on the app that you can have it in your cart but when you proceed to finalize the order and schedule a time for delivery, it makes you drop it out of the cart. I even called customer service to ask and was told they don’t deliver alcohol. I just used Instacart for that and as long as your total order is over $35, you can find discount codes for free delivery. I just order some Diet Coke and coffee to get my order over the minimum. It all worked better than I expected, absolutely no issues.

It shows on the app that you can have it in your cart but when you proceed to finalize the order and schedule a time for delivery, it makes you drop it out of the cart. I even called customer service to ask and was told they don’t deliver alcohol. I just used Instacart for that and as long as your total order is over $35, you can find discount codes for free delivery. I just order some Diet Coke and coffee to get my order over the minimum. It all worked better than I expected, absolutely no issues.
Ok good to know! We did a grocery pickup from Walmart last year (we had a car) so obviously the alcohol wasn’t an issue. We’ll look into other options!

Sorry, another Walmart delivery question - do you have to meet the delivery person in the lobby? Or do they leave it at the desk for you?

We've used "We go shop," "Garden Grocer," and "Safeway." In each of these, they deliver right to your door!

I've used Garden Grocers many times and have had great service every time. They deliver to baggage services at your resort. For items needing refrigeration your resort will put them in a fridge. You can then pick them up yourself or have baggage services bring them to your room.

We've had free dining on most trips as well but stock the room with water, snacks and breakfast items such as muffins, juice etc.

We’ve placed a Garden Grocer order to be delivered on our arrival day for every trip we have taken in the last few years. They deliver to bell services and we have never had to meet the driver, and what is really nice is that you can upload a photo of your driver’s license when you order, and they will then deliver beer.

Sorry, another Walmart delivery question - do you have to meet the delivery person in the lobby? Or do they leave it at the desk for you?

We were told we needed to meet the delivery person, however we did not need to. The groceries were left with Bell services at OKW. it was a small order, but I don't think that had anything to do with the person leaving it. My DD got the message it had been delivered, but not one that it was arriving.

We had Safeway delivered to POR when were there this past summer and it worked out great!

We chose Safeway over Amazon because they had wine and beer, Amazon did not.
Safeway no longer delivers to Disney, they stopped last October.

We used Amazon Prime Now. They shipped directly to BWV. When we checked in it was already there and they brought it up with our luggage. Very easy.

Only glitch was I assumed when I ordered bananas I was ordering per banana, not per bunch. Well I ordered about 10 bunches of bananas. There were bananas EVERYWHERE! Oops....

We've used Garden Grocer multiple times. They have been great! We get beer, water, juice and breakfast items. Make sure to order a cheap styrofoam cooler, the room refrigerator is small.

That's a bummer, we were really happy with them and they were much cheaper than Garden Grocer.
I agree we are at sports in 2 weeks and now I don’t know who I’m going to use, may just Uber to Walmart

I agree we are at sports in 2 weeks and now I don’t know who I’m going to use, may just Uber to Walmart
Garden Grocer is very expensive! You may save money at Walmart even when paying for the Uber rides. You could also set up a Walmart grocery curbside order and just do a round-trip with the same Uber.

Garden Grocer is very expensive! You may save money at Walmart even when paying for the Uber rides. You could also set up a Walmart grocery curbside order and just do a round-trip with the same Uber.
That’s what I was thinking or using amazon del.

I have used Dizzy Dolphin Delivery a few times and have been very happy. You can order wine/alcohol with them and Not have to be present for delivery which was nice. Their prices were good. I found that speaking with them would save me money..for example they would tell me that Aquafina water was on sale or whatever so that I could get the best prices on what I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter