"I've Gotta Get Out of Town!": A March 2021 WDW PTR

I love those t-shirts!
Are you making them yourself or do you have a website you use?
DS is obsessed with baby yoda so he would love love love that shirt!
I bought all of the shirts at local craft stores, Target, and Walmart, then bought most of the files from Etsy. I used my Cricut to cut out the t-shirt vinyl, so I "made" them in that sense!

If you have a Cricut or Silhouette machine (or you have a friend with one!), you can make the baby Yoda shirts for a few dollars a piece. Here's where I got the cut file on Etsy for my Cricut: https://www.etsy.com/listing/859257887/baby-yoda-svg-disney-snacks-disney-ears?

We've seen The Mandalorian more times than I can count, so I tried to sneak in as much baby Yoda stuff as possible on this trip! I made each of us a sweatshirt, too, and my son's is the green one with the baby Yoda + Mickey balloon in the picture below! I also got that SVG file on Etsy. :)

50956035638_3e83d7e75b_k.jpg

Thanks for the insight on the MK restaurants! We usually just grab counter service somewhere, but I'm trying to embrace the change on this trip and try new things. I haven't ever eaten at the Plaza, and the menu looks yummy! I'm going to show my kids both the Plaza and Tony's Town Square menu and see which one they vote for.

Hi, yes, we're planning on sightseeing in Charleston - we're there for two days, and I want to revisit my favorite sites (Isle of Palms, I'm looking at you) and show our soon to be 9 year old son where he used to live. He was 5 when we we left, so he doesn't remember a whole lot, but it will still be fun.
IOP is the beach I grew up on, and I got a Charleston County Parks gold pass just to have access to the IOP beach parking in the county park there! It was crazy busy last year (probably because there was literally nothing else open in Charleston last summer), but I'm hoping it will be more laid back this year as other venues and attractions are opening back up.

I don't know when y'all were here last, but downtown has changed SO MUCH recently. I drove down there to pick up dinner on the way to a friend's house, and I found myself gawking at all of the new buildings that have gone up in the last year. The pandemic hit a lot of the restaurants hard downtown, but the area is doing its best to rally! One of my downtown favorites, Jestine's, closed its doors last year. :/ But, a yummy poke bowl place and a Brazilian steak house have opened up recently on the peninsula, so some of the change has been good.

We love grabbing milkshakes and burgers at Cookout! Mount Pleasant got one a few years ago, and it is one of our go-to spots for quick meals. I LOVE barbecue, and Sticky Fingers is always a solid choice--Lewis' BBQ downtown is phenomenal, too, if you're looking to change things up (or just double down on the BBQ meals while you're here! :rotfl2:)

My cold is still hanging on despite the massive amounts of throat lozenges, cold medicine, and smoothies that I've down over the last three days. I managed NOT to take a nap for the first time since Tuesday, so maybe that's a good sign that I'm turning the corner?! At this point, I'm willing myself to get better because I cannot be sick on vacation!!!!

I had never even heard about Cricut or Silouhette machines - thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into that!
Looks little you had a lot of fun making those shirts ☺️
I am sure your kids will be so happy to wear them! (and I have to admit I am loving the matching shirts! I hope my kids will still want to wear for a long time because I really love it!!!)

Girl, I know how you feel about losing your DD. I lost mine in Seaworld when she was just under 3. I was scared to death. She entered one of the tunnels in the play area and I went to the exit end to wait for her and she never came out. I had ever kids in there looking for her. The staff was wonderful and locked the park down immediately and would not let anyone enter or exit until she was found. It was only fro maybe 5-10 minutes but it seemed like an eternity. Turns out she turned around and went back out the entrance to go play in the play house. We had always taught our kids that if they got lost to look for a worker and if they couldn't see one then to find another mommy or daddy that had their child with them. This worked because she walked up to another mom sitting on the bench and asked where her mom was. Scariest moment of my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter