I've gone off the edge of the cliff

joyah

living on the funny farm
My CM consultant is having a crop 5pm-12 on thursday and since I was already starting to pack for another crop on sat I decided why not take advantage of the other one; so here where I jumped, ran or didn't even see the edge; as I read further she is doing a bunch of kids stuff so I turn to the boys and say do you 2 want to go with me???? Both got very excited and said yes, while I'm so happy they want to do something with me WTH was I thinking. I might as well leave my stuff to home it will be 2 against one unless I can convince mom to come with me.
Someone throw me a line no need to pull me back up just lower me to the bottom and leave me there.

Awwww, I'm looking at it as a mom of DS21 and DS17... I miss those days when they got all excited about doing something with me...

Enjoy them! Cliché as it is, they do grow up way too fast!! :sad1:

If it gets dicey, just remember you will have saturday to crop without "help"

Deb that's the problem they've already grown way to fast. They both are now so busy with Dad and driving equipment that i was so excited they wanted to go. I mean they're boys how much longer will they want to do things I enjoy.

Lisa With out sat as a back up plan I might not have mentioned it. Although Donna is great at keeping them busy I can't see myself getting much done. But Here i am packing all there stuff up and figuring out what they can use to haul their stuff in that I'm not using. Since I'm trying the minamilist approch for these 2.

Look at it this way - the crop goes from 5 pm -midnight, right? You can always leave early if you choose.
BY doing kid's stuff, did she mean that adults are doing them, or will there be other kids there creating their own?
I also think this is so nice to have your sons so interested in being with you. How nice to share! :)

She has activities planned for them. But they love for me to "help", when we scrap at home I spend all the time with them and get nothing done. I'm hoping that with other kids there mine will go off and create with the others.
I'm thinking dad will come get them about 9ish. It will give him a nice break to.

Sounds like so much fun! You all will have a great time! :)

I'm very happy they are coming. Got some of their stuff packed, since they only scrap at home this has been a challenge. Eric (ds8) has been fairly easy since he likes lots of small containers, Levi has his stuff in a 2 drawer serlite container and while it takes up my whole rolling crate I'm leaving it. all his other stuff will just have to pile on top. I need to do a walmart trip for a few extra things (adhesive, another cutter,??) I'm hoping that I can get the other couple of small boxes inside a backpack that eric and carry since he has an old rolling backpack.
Hi Ho hi ho its off to the crop we'll go:lmao::lmao: see I'm already loosing my mind.
Tried to get one friend and her kids to go and they have a daycare cookout, do that's not going to happen. Still haven't heard from mom she's swimming with the boys.

Just and update.

My boys did fine and were actually pretty well behaved. We left at 9:15 ish when the 3 year old had a major screaming meltdown and his mother didn't pack up and leave.
Levi says to me mom that parent can't parent I would have been removed from that place so fast my head would be spinning. And he's right I never hung around when my kids couldn't act appropriate.
all in all i'd bring them again to a day crop and have their dad pick them up 1/2 way through the day.

Of course our VT boys did well, we never doubted it. :thumbsup2

That sounds like fun, but I'd never get anything done with my Morgan with me. I guess if I went with that mindset, it would be okay, but I'd need some mommy time alone too.

Glad it worked out. Aren't kids funny? They say the greatest things. We were at the Olive Garden for lunch yesterday (Yes, I know it was the Olive Garden, not the Ritz), and some kids were acting up. Morgan just looked at me and said "somebody needs a nap." I had to laugh.

Jennifer I pretty much went with well I always have sat to myself (heading out in 15) but they really did well. Donna had some of the paper albums from cm for them to put summer pics in, then dinner and a scavenger hunt then scrap again. She got nothing done but had a blast or so she says.

Kids we're in her sun room and us in the dining room living room area. they only came to bug me for stamps or my punches.

I love the sayings kids have, levi has some real zingers.

I did, got abt 20 pages done for Levi 2006 is almost done for him!!! Now I need to empty all the bags and get to work here. Next month I'm hosting a day.

I am so glad that you all had a great time!! You're right about kids, they do say the darndest things sometimes. And you're right about knowing the best time to leave - when you host the next one, are your kids hoping to be there?
I am holding my first workshop here in early Sept, and i did not invite any kids. Think trying it with adults will be challenging enough!!!! Caroline

Sounds like you had a very productive day! I need a week or two to prepare and then a day to do some serious scrapping! I only got my 12-month calendar done at the last crop, last weekend.

Caroline
Donna (my CM) usually has them at a school but this one she held at her house, she decided to have kids as her's were going to be there.
Normally when I host a get together I don't include kids, I try to even keep mine out of the house.
Caroline are you the rep hosting your 1st event? If that's what I'm understanding then I would definately leave kids out of the mix, Stress is high enough just trying to get through with adults. The one thing my SU rep always says to us is this is my page feel free to change things up on it. She always has extra colors that will work aval just because.
I'm sure you'll do fine. If your just hosting a get together than you just need to make sure everyone has space and snacks and drinks. I've hosted tons of events I'll try to answer any ?'s you have.

Actually Joyah, I recently became a CM consultant and this is my first workshop. Let's say my comfort level is ok - i have been to many just never had any of my own. I am sure it will go well, just takes a little practice. Some of my best DIS friends are also CM ladies, so i am sure to have great role models.
Just trying to get my feet wet, not soaked!!! :rotfl:

Caroline
Good for you!! You'll do fine I'm sure. Donna my rep doesn't do alot of shows so she is always nervous with those. I told her she's doing fine, my group of friends are so laid back. She does host a fair amount of crops and charges very little, she just likes getting together.

There are definately times I prefer to go to crops where there are NO kids just to get stuff done and have adult conversation. Her crops almost always have kids cause she only charges $25 for a 8-midnight crop. while that price is great I'll often go to a different group that charges $65 for the sametime frame just cause there are VERY rarely any kids there. Now that I've totally gotten side tracked I'm going to go unpack everything and see If I can get anymore done tonight :lmao::lmao::lmao:(i'll be lucky to get unpacked)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter