I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Updated 1/17

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Hello! And welcome back to another trip report of mine! :welcome:

This is my third trip report and I really have come to enjoy writing these up! It’s such an amazing way to relive the trip but also to document all of the memories I may forget down the road and to get to interact with all of you other Disney-obsessed people! I find that most people in my life just don’t get my love of Disney or how I never get sick of it or talking about it or why I even choose to go as often as I do, but all of you do! So thanks for reading along!

If you want to hear about our last girls trip – Spring Break March 2018

Or my anniversary trip this summer with DH – Magical Anniversary trip July 2018

Or you just want the cheat sheet to what we did this trip! - 2018 PTR

Or what we're planning for 2019 ;) - 2019 PTR

So let’s get this trip report started shall we?

Who went on this trip with me? My Mom and my sister, Calista!

Me!

[​IMG]

I am the Disney planner extraordinaire of the group! I love all things Disney and for me, Disney is just the escape I need from everyday life. I currently have an AP to WDW and will definitely miss it when it expires in March! (Have one more trip booked for December and trying to squeeze in another in March 2019!) I will most likely renew it when DH and I go back in September 2019 but I don’t really see the benefit to renewing at the lower price in March to lose out on 6 months of the year (we are going to Aruba in July 2019 so we definitely won’t be back before September)! As my day job, I currently work as a financial analyst with a bank but by night I am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and also make ears as well! My financial, Type-A side is definitely helpful when planning trips, I have SO many spreadsheets! But the “Disney” jobs bring me so much joy and allow me to be creative and think about Disney outside of my 9-5 job and I love it! :cloud9:

Favorite Character – Cinderella/Rapunzel
    Favorite Restaurant – California Grill
    Favorite Ride(s) –
    AK – FOP
    MK – Space Mountain
    DHS – Tower of Terror (SDD is a close 2nd!)
    EPCOT – Test Track

Calista

[​IMG]

Calista is our free-spirited, Spanish-speaking, history buff who enjoys getting great pictures for Instagram and having a good time. She’s currently still in college to become a History teacher. She likes Disney (I think she's a true closeted Disney obsessed person, she just doesn't admit it!) but she would pretty much go on vacation anywhere in the world and be happy. She is definitely the definition of wanderlust! (She's actually been to five (six I guess if you include the US pavilion) of the countries in the World Showcase).

Favorite Character – Tinkerbell
    Favorite Restaurant – Sanaa
    Favorite Ride(s) – AK – FOP, DHS – Tower of Terror, MK – Space Mountain, EPCOT – Spaceship Earth

Mom!

[​IMG]

My Mom is awesome. She’s my best friend and I usually don’t go many hours without texting or calling her. So I really enjoy our girl trips even more now that I don’t live with her anymore. We always have a good time and never take anything too seriously. I just love my Mom! She works in a school district preschool so most of our trips are usually around her normal days off!

Favorite Character – Cinderella
    Favorite Restaurant – Morimoto Asia
    Favorite Ride(s) – DHS – Tower of Terror, MK – Splash Mountain, EPCOT – Soarin, AK – Safari

The same as our Spring Break trip, I’m really not sure how this trip came to be! We had toyed around with the idea of going sometime in the Fall but we weren’t really sure that my Dad would be down for us going again SO soon or if we could even make it work with Calista being in school. I began looking at school calendars and realized that if we went Columbus Day weekend my Mom would be able to use her two personal days along with the holiday and Calista would also have a fall break that week so it would mean she’d only miss one day of classes. Perfect!

Thankfully my Dad was fine with us going and the trip was booked! We would again leave Friday night after work and spend the weekend through Wednesday in Disney. (One day more than our Spring Break trip, it was just too much to do in four days! Believe me, my ankles thanked me for that extra day! :rotfl2:)

We would be staying the first four nights at Pop Century and the last night switching over to the Polynesian for one night of deluxe-ness haha I’m totally addicted to staying in deluxe resorts but my wallet does not appreciate it! I hope that one day we can get DVC but that will probably be a ways off. DH doesn’t believe my math on it (even though I remind him that I’m an accountant – math is my thing!) and also doesn’t want to go on every vacation to Disney. Which I get but I’m pretty sure it was like an unwritten wedding vow that I will go to Disney forever and eternity so I’m not sure why he’s surprised! :rotfl: I’ll admit though, I don’t really want to finance the whole thing so I’ll just save and when I have enough, THEN I’ll get him on board!

This trip was so fun and I can’t wait to tell you all about it! :butterfly

2. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Oh, yay, I love when I'm the first one to post!! :) I love traveling with my Mom, too. Some of my very best memories :lovestruc

Excited to read more!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Yay joining in for sure!!

5. Grumpy's Wife

Grumpy's Wife Dollar Tree gal here

Sound like a fun girls trip was had. I always enjoy your trip reports. Looking forward to reading this one as well.

6. VAtink

VAtink DIS Veteran

Yay, new TR! Can't wait to read about your trip!

7. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Popping over,from your last TR . Looking forward to reading more about your girl trip adventures

8. buteraa

buteraa DIS Veteran

Sounds awesome!

Cloe Colton likes this.
  9. QueenJen

QueenJen Mouseketeer

Along for the ride

10. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I'm here and ready to follow along! :goodvibes

11. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks for following along! I'm so thankful that I get to do trips with my Mom and sister! They are definitely some of my favorite memories! :butterfly

Thank you! I can't wait to get this report up and going!! :flower1:

Thanks for joining in! :welcome:

Thanks for hopping over! :tigger:

It was a great trip, can't wait to write up the report! :cheer2:

:welcome:

Thanks for following along!! :mickeyjum

12. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

Im here! Looking forward to another report! I am also a financial analyst and get made fun of my spreadsheet obsession. My dad even listed spreadsheets as one of my strange obsessions (along side Disney of course) in his father of the bride speech at our wedding. My husband actually wants to invest in DVC, and oddly I'm the one holding out! We each still have about $15k left in student loans, and want to sell our condo and buy a house (and by we I mean me). Adulting is hard!

13. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Yay another Cloe report, very excited to join in! I’m still working on a March 2019 trip, doing Disney math to make it work, lol!

14. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I don't know how I missed this when I was responding the first time! Glad to have you for another report!! :flower1:

I mean I don't know how people live without them!! haha my husband likes to tease me for them, too! But then he also respects them and likes to know what we'll be up to and likes that he has answers when people ask about our trips! haha

Its such a tough decision to make! I actually put an offer in a few weeks ago for a Poly resale but we ended up backing out after the seller counter offered. I feel like even though direct is more money we would be happier that way with all the benefits! I agree though, its hard to make that commitment when there are other debts that need to be paid down! Adulting is way hard haha Probably why I enjoy Disney where I can pretend to not be an adult for a few days! :tinker:

Thanks for joining in again!! That's too funny! I just got my Mom on board for the trip in March so I think its official! And we are going to splurge and do the Yacht Club I think for the first time so it should be a great trip! Short, but fun nonetheless! :earsgirl:

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  15. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

I am here and ready to hear all about it! You will have to give me any tips for our short stay at the Poly! And I am with you on the wallet not like the Poly as much as I want to stay there. So, nice that you guys can all do this together.

16. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Joining...Can't wait to hear about your trip, especially since we were there at the same time...

17. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Joining in :)

18. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Yes definitely!! You will LOVE it. I wish we could have had at least two nights because that would have given us a nice, full day to enjoy it but we rented dvc points and at that point only the one night was available so I will take what I got! Haha

We definitely enjoy our girls trips and don't take them for granted!

Yay! You definitely got yours started a lot faster than me! Haha I feel like I need to decompress after a trip :rotfl:

:welcome:

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  19. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

Yay! Joining in

20. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Disney Dreamer

Loved your anniversary TR so I'm following along on this one too.

21. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Disney Dreamer

Oh and not to be a stalker but I just followed your instagram. Your ears are so cute!