I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Updated 1/11

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Communicore1991

Communicore1991 Earning My Ears

I love your trip reports -- great writing with a healthy mix of photos. Not to mention, you and your family are great photographers! Always look forward to reading the latest installments of your TRs.

You can print each page as a PDF with Google Chrome, or you can save the pages of your threads with Instapaper. It's free and downloads everything to your devices (iPad, iPhone, etc.) so that it is available for offline reading. Great for when you're somewhere without Wifi and want to keep up on Disboards!

2. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Hee! Hee! I'm German too and have contemplated the pickle ornament numerous times. Maybe I'll have to pick it up in May...

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

OK I tried none of those F&W items lol but they all look good!

Funny marionette story: my youngest used to always play with them whenever we walked by China; like, not one time would he NOT pick them up and play. So the first time Steve and I did an adults-only trip a few years ago we brought one home to him. And it was a big one too, not the smaller, cheaper one! He was so happy, loved it - and never touched it after the day we gave it to him :faint: I don't even know why I thought he'd play with it! Really, unless you had friends who had them and you wanted to put on a puppet show a la Sound of Music, what can you do with them?? Oh well, they kind of draw you in when you walk by, like you HAVE to pick them up.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too! :santa::santa:

missjackiemcg likes this.
  5. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

That guy :rotfl:

I hate when people are sitting in the way of a pic I want. This happens all the time with "MY" Roy & Minnie bench and I end up having to crop people out. Come on folks, it's not a bench for sitting…sit, get your pic, and move on!:laughing:

My kids used to fight in long lines too…makes me a little more empathetic when I see other kids doing it now ::yes::

Those were amazing :love: I got those twice in October!

That's so weird, I would assume you would all be the same too. Sounds like a fun thing to do someday.

6. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

Mmm, cheese.

I'd like to try one of those dna kits, but I'm super skeptical. I think they're cool, though.

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thank you! They are definitely one of my favorite pairs that I've made so far!

:welcome:

It's actually been a lot harder than I expected just because the people who desperately need a travel agent are usually the ones who know very little, if not nothing, about Disney or at least how to do Disney in its current state. And you don't realize how much there is until you have to explain it all! haha but it is fun and I never mind explaining, it can just be a lot. I usually find the struggle moreso where I want to spend more time doing travel agent things versus my day job haha

We did too! It was a super fun idea and killed some time for us so we loved it!

Yeah I feel like she was so happy when my sister and I jumped right up because I can see where a lot of people may not want to try. I can see that being an issue, too! The couscous with vegetables was really good though and I think that would be vegetarian (but I could be wrong - could have been cooked with something else!)

Thank you!

Thanks! I really wish I could have gotten that shirt, too. Was super cute!

I was definitely excited to be able to get FP for all the rides! I was so mad at myself after I messed it all up in July for DH and I's FPs!

We had a great time!

8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thank you! I really appreciate it! :flower1:

Omg thank you! I definitely need to do this asap!

You should! I like how theres variety in the pickle ornaments and not just one to chose from!

Haha there are just so many to try! I had I think three or four more on my list that I just had to decide not to get because as much as I want to try it all I just get too full!

That is too funny! That actually reminds me of my own families puppet story! When my sister was little, my Mom and I found this cute puppet set at Target and thought she would love it for Christmas. Well, she still remembers the present as one of her least favorite shes ever gotten so I guess we thought wrong too! :rotfl2: We really do love playing with the marionettes in EPCOT though - I'm sure the cast members just love us! :rotfl:

:santa::santa::santa:

Right :rotfl:if looks could kill!

Exactly! Some people just dont get it haha

Well I'm glad my brother and I weren't the only ones! haha

They were SO good!

It was definitely an interesting thing to do!

I was less skeptical before doing it but now that they've changed what I am I'm just like :scratchin it was still cool to do!

buzzrelly likes this.
  9. jrmint427

jrmint427 Mouseketeer

Haha that is my main concern! I'll probably stick to just obsessing about Disney and helping friends plan their trips :)

That was vegetarian! I thought about it but ended up ordering the goat cheese appetizer because it sounded so good. I thought that couscous and vegetables could be either really good or really bad and I hadn't read enough to go for it. I'm glad to hear it's a good option!

Cloe Colton likes this.
  10. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a great holiday! My Christmas was just crazy busy but also crazy fun! It's always sad when Christmas is done and over but also just a relief to be done worrying about it! Here's a picture of me, DH and our pug baby pug:, Joy, in our matching Christmas jammies! (has that pug emoji always been there!?)

[​IMG]

Back to the TR!

Like I mentioned before, Via Napoli was just an absolute madhouse when we walked in which in all honestly surprised me because I figured during F&W there would less people doing sit downs and boy was I wrong! Thankfully, we had our dining reservation and had a very minimal wait to be called. We waited maybe five minutes but we also checked in early so that was no problem at all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankfully, we were seated in the main area of the restaurant. We saw the new addition they added onto the back of the room and it does not have the same feel AT ALL. I’m not sure if they seat families here without reservations or if anyone could potentially sit there. To me, it looked like a very quick bandaid to get more tables into the restaurant but skipped entirely on the theming. The good news is that the food has not suffered as a result of the expansion!

To start we ordered two orders of arancini. These are our favorites! We always order two so we each get our own ball! We did consider just getting one order this time since we’d had a couple of snacks but decided to get our normal two and they did not go begging haha

[​IMG]

And to eat we split the large margherita pizza.

[​IMG]

Calista was really not feeling the pictures of food at this point - so this was the face I got! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

Everything was super delicious! I think we ate most of the pizza. I can’t remember for sure though because I’m pretty sure I was in a food coma at this point!

[​IMG]

I will say even though our food was super delicious, our dinner overall was just awkward. The table next to us had a family with two young kids and the husband spent the whole dinner staring at our table. Like burning a hole in us. It was super annoying and awkward and just put a weird cast over the whole meal. :confused3

After dinner, we decided to head to France to get the drinks we had wanted earlier. And what else would we be getting other than the Grand Marnier Orange Slush!

[​IMG]

This was okay, definitely not as good as La Vie En Rose during Flower and Garden but it was good. We found a table by the water and just enjoyed our drinks while my Mom called my Dad. The only annoying thing was these little gnats were flying all around so that was a bit irritating! I'm sure it would have been a bit more enjoyable if we had gotten them earlier in the day but it was still nice!

[​IMG]

While we were sitting there I decided I wanted a vanilla ice cream from France so I ran to get one. So I guess I wasn't completely full :rotfl: It was so good! I love how perfectly sized the one scoop is, it definitely hit the spot! I didn't take a picture so you'll just have to trust me!

Before moving on, we stopped for a photopass in France.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost a year ago we were actually in France!

[​IMG]

After our drinks and my ice cream, it was time to head over to Frozen for our FP. Since we were already at the France Pavilion we just continued on around towards the UK pavilion and made the loop back to Norway. It might have been longer but it seemed like the less crowded option! I was happy we went the way we did because we stopped for a photopass on our way that we probably wouldn’t have seen if we had gone the other way.

[​IMG]

This was such a cute photopass, I loved how Mickey was grilling!

We eventually made it over to Frozen and even at 9 at night there was a long wait, so we were very happy to have the fastpass!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was THE best ride I have ever had on Frozen. The family in front of us must have been the biggest Frozen and Elsa fans because when they saw her in her castle it was like they saw a rockstar! The Dad was pumping his fist in the air, the Mom and little girl were squealing with excitement. I’ve never seen anything more endearing or cuter. I loved it! I think the ride photo just proves how happy we all were!

[​IMG]

After Frozen we decided we didn’t feel like waiting around for Illuminations (even if it would be our last opportunity to see it before changing) it’s just not our favorite. We decided to go and ride Test Track one more time instead!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately we ended up with someone else's ride photo on our account so no ride photo! It's a shame that you can only request them to be found for 30 days!

It was such a fun ride at night! I’m so glad we did it!

After a long day in EPCOT it was finally time to head out. But not before taking a couple of pictures of Spaceship Earth in all of its lit glory!

[​IMG]

Calista had to get just the right angle!

[​IMG]

I will say one of my favorite benefits to being an AP is photopass. I love nighttime photos at Disney and they come out so nice on the nice photopass cameras! . There’s just so much magic in them!

[​IMG]

Goodnight EPCOT!

And that concludes our day at EPCOT! We had an absolute blast and even though we were there on a day we were told DO NOT GO THERE YOU WILL REGRET ITTTTT we got all of the headliners ridden, two sit down meals, five food and wine booths and tons of photos. I would say it was a pretty successful day! :cheer2:

11. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Disney Dreamer

Cute jammies. I always give my kiddos new PJs every year and this year I got to add my future daughter in love (my son is getting married January 18th) and my future son in love (my daughter got engaged the Sunday before Christmas!) My son knew something was up when they all had to open their jammies at the same time. My youngest son (senior in high school) didn't match the rest because they didn't have his size. He is 6'4" so they weren't long enough, but the other four did match.

12. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks! My Mom always got us pajamas growing up too, it was always the only thing we could open on Christmas Eve! This was the first year I got us matching pajamas and I basically decided on which pair to get based on the first set I could find that had each size we needed haha its tough work finding matching sets for everyone!

Thats so exciting that your daughter got engaged right before Christmas! What a special time of year to celebrate love! I feel like that calls for a Christmas wedding haha

13. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

You guys look so cute!!!

That is kind of why I like the side room, it's more traditional table with a bit more room between everyone. it does feel like you are sitting in a tent... but no strange man staring you down. ;)

Sometimes that is what makes Disney great! The joy is contagious!

14. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Yes we were in the new room at Via Napoli I never even knew it was added on, haha! I hate when tables are so close that you feel uncomfortable especially when someone is staring at you! Glad the food was good!

Great pictures, I love the Photo Pass perk with the AP. I have made 3-4 calendars now for the last 3-4 years of our trips, all pp pictures, so nice!

15. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Sounds like an awesome day! Your Via Napoli meal looks so good--I need to make an ADR there some day!

16. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

First off, love the matching jammies. We do that at my house too.
    Glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. We like it too.

17. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Disney Dreamer

I think she is aiming for November because she has always wanted a fall wedding. However if we had left it up to my son and his fiancee they would have gotten married right before Christmas instead of waiting for January. He graduated college December 15th and his fiancee wanted to have their wedding the next weekend but her mom told her no :rotfl:

18. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

OMG that's MASSIVE

Ew.
    eye roll.gif

That's so cool! Did you get a stranger to take this photo because it's really good.

Stick it to the man (and the downers here on the Disboards :cool1:)

19. sahu

sahu Earning My Ears

LOVE the pug in pajamas! Y'all look so cute! I'm definitely going to have to try Via Napoli on my next trip.

20. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I think it just doesn't look very Disney to me but I can see how it has more room! It just looks like a completely different vibe than the main room to me. And honestly, the guy was supposed to be facing a different direction than our table which is why his staring was so noticeable, I really should have just said something to him! haha

It really was everything I love about Disney. They could have been a Disney commercial, it was just too cute!

Yeah it was just recently added on! It was just super awkward!

It's so great! I hope they never take that away

Everything was delicious! I would highly recommend! It's nice too because if you just get like an appetizer and pizza its a very reasonably priced meal!

Thanks! And its just so good!

Haha it is! But its also very thin so its easy to eat quite a bit of it!

Yeah. It was pretty unappealing! (love the gif haha)

My sister was seeing a guy she had met during her study abroad and he actually went with us on our family trip. It worked out because we had a built in person to take family pictures everywhere we went! haha

Hahaha exactly! I think as long as you go into any high crowd situation with lower expectations and a plan you can always have a great time!

Haha thanks! She's happy as long as she's with us so she'll wear just about anything!

And definitely! Via Napoli is really a hidden gem in EPCOT and a great option for a less expensive sit down meal!

21. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Sounds like a fun Epcot day! Via Napoli is one of my favorite Disney restaurants, and it sounds like the food was delicious when you ate there.

I completely agree, Photopass pictures at night in Epcot are the best! The Epcot globe looks so pretty lit up in the background.

That family on frozen sounds fun. Sometimes, it's the guests' reactions that can make a Disney moment memorable or not. (Sometimes in a good memorable way, sometimes in a negative way...I'm looking at you Dad who stared throughout dinner.:rotfl2:)