I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Completed 2/13! New TR Link!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

I just read your whole trip report and it is awesome. So glad the three of you travel so well together and have so much fun! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! :)

2. poooh

poooh Mouseketeer

Following along as well. I've really enjoyed reading your report so far and looking at all of your beautiful photos! I want to plan a girls trip with my mom and sister someday. Seeing what great experiences you've had so far really convinces me to get planning our own girls trip!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jrmint427

jrmint427 Mouseketeer

That is so sweet!!

It sounds like a great evening at Epcot!

5. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great night at Epcot! Your FEA ride photo is perfect, everyone looks so happy!

6. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

It was very good! I always have a hard time not booking Via Napoli in EPCOT!

They are just the best!

Hahaha EXACTLY!!

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks for joining in! This trip really felt like the first time we traveled super well together! I think after all of our girls trips we have learned how each of us are and what we need for a great trip!

Thanks for joining in! You definitely should! It's really so much fun to just be with the girls! Especially when we want to take our time to get ready or just have fun taking photos!

It was so adorable! Made for a great ending to our EPCOT day!

Right?? It was a great ride! The Disney spirit was definitely infectious!

poooh likes this.
  8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Man work has kicked my butt the last couple of weeks! Here's hoping I will have more time to work on this trip report! Anyway on with the show!

[​IMG]

Day 3 Part 1 Sunday October 7, 2018

I think I was most excited for today because today we were doing brunch at California Grill for the very first time! I always love getting to experience new things in Disney and this was no exception! We had one of the earlier reservations (for us anyway) and I had worried we wouldn’t make it. My sister takes FOREVER to get ready. Thankfully, I had stressed to my Mom the importance of making it there on time and how excited I was for this so she made her best efforts to keep Calista on schedule and get us out the door! She even had Calista put her shoes on in the car because she was taking too long to figure them out :rotfl: I really appreciated my Mom’s efforts this morning because usually I am the one who has to rush everyone along which in turn makes my sister mad so instead I got to be the quiet bystander! My sister doesn’t usually get mad at my Mom so this strategy worked out well lol (I had told my Mom prior to the trip if they couldn’t get themselves going in a reasonable amount of time I might be ubering there on my own! Which wasn’t true but seems to have had the effect I needed!)

Our reservation was at 10:10 and we were walking to the car at 9:50, perfect! :cheer2:

[​IMG]

There was a bit of a backup at the entrance to the Contemporary so we ended up not getting there until a little after 10:10. We checked in at 10:15 and thankfully they didn’t say anything about us being late which I was grateful!

[​IMG]

Immediately I loved the live music being played, it added such a magical touch!

[​IMG]

The unlimited blueberry mimosas were pretty awesome, too!

[​IMG]

My Mom and I hit up the pastries section first while Calista went straight for the sushi and deviled eggs. She LOVES deviled eggs so she was excited they were available!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Mom finished her pastries first and got a bit lost in the buffet, she started at the bloody Mary station not realizing what she was looking at so they politely guided her to the next area :rotfl: she was very amazed by all of the things they had to top the Bloody Mary’s with! We didn’t get any since neither of us like Bloody Mary’s (if it was free I would have gotten one but I wasn’t interested for an extra cost) so we just stuck with our mimosas!

I really enjoyed the selection of cheeses, sushi and the deviled eggs were really good, too! I thought the buffet really had a wide variety and a lot of our favorite things!

[​IMG]

And I mean the view from California Grill just can’t be beat! It was such a beautiful day!

[​IMG]

Cheers!

[​IMG]

My Mom had Calista get them some bagels, too.

[​IMG]

Our waiter was awesome. We realized about halfway through the meal that he was actually in training but he was doing such an awesome job we thought he was the one training the trainer! When we went to place our order he offered to bring out a couple of things for us to try before our main entrée and we were happy to try them. I wish I remembered what they were called because they were so good!

[​IMG]

These were both so delicious!

Happy girls!

[​IMG]

Next up was our lunch!

We all ordered the eggs benedict and my Mom and I ordered it with the lobster. This was AMAZING. I would be willing to pay the money all over again just for this. It was just that good. In fact, I already added it to my planned out itinerary for next September with DH! Lol

[​IMG]

After we had eaten until we could absolutely not eat anymore we decided to forego dessert. We aren’t much for desserts to begin with since we like more savory items so we didn’t really mind passing on them. Our waiter tried to persuade us into getting them but we just had no room left!

Before heading out he was nice enough to get a picture of us out on the balcony. We first tried on the side in the direct sun but it was just a BIT too bright :rotfl2:

[​IMG]

So we went to the other balcony and the pictures came out much better! haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’ll be honest, I didn’t really hype the brunch to my Mom and sister much before the trip because I wanted the whole experience to be a surprise and didn’t want to oversell the experience. But they absolutely loved it! They said it was their favorite thing we did on the whole trip and I have to agree! I am so happy that I never canceled it. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone! (But they do take the TIW card so that definitely helped with the cost!) What I really loved about it was how special the whole thing felt. When DH and I had gotten upgraded to club level at the Contemporary, our breakfast ended up being one of my favorite memories between the view and how special it was. Short of actually paying over $1,000 for a club level room at CR this felt like a much less expensive way to achieve the same feeling! The only negative (and this is being nitpicky) was that being that we had one of the first reservations of the day I thought for sure this would get us a window seat and we were actually seated like right next to the buffet. There was nothing overly wrong with this seat just that it wasn’t the best view we could have had. But like I said that is being uber nit picky!

Before heading out to Magic Kingdom we stopped in the bathroom for my Mom to change into shorts.

[​IMG]

Calista was enjoying her comfy pants after such a large brunch :rotfl:

[​IMG]

We each grabbed a couple of the heavy duty California Grill napkins from the bathroom to put in our bags. They came in handy later!

We were there a total of almost two hours. They definitely give you all the time you need to enjoy the meal!

[​IMG]

Since I had rushed us to check in I never took our obligatory escalator selfie. I made up for that on the ride up to the monorail!

[​IMG]

As we were getting in line we actually ran into Jenny Sanders, her husband and niece and said a quick hello! My Mom and sister thought I was famous for knowing someone from the internet haha so I guess by that logic that makes you famous too Jenny! :rotfl:

Time for the Magic Kingdom! :tink:

9. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

What a fabulous picture!! Love it.

Also, your dress is TOO cute!

10. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Your outfit this day was adorable!!

The brunch sounds amazing! I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

11. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

What a fun brunch! Everything looked delicious and I love the way too sunny picture :P

Random thought- It’s so awesome that you can tell just by looking that the three of you are related

12. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

How exciting!!! We are eating there in July on our anniversary trip and I can't wait!

Everything looks delicious!

I remember seeing that dish in another brunch report, I think it's the lamb meatballs. Is the other one shrimp and grits? That was super nice of your waiter to bring them for you to try!

Love this picture!

This one is very cute too!

The brunch sounds amazing! I love your Belle Disneybound! Such a perfect dress and bag!

13. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

I definitely want to try this brunch. It looks wonderful. I'm glad you all enjoyed it

14. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Brunch sounded amazing! I do want to try it one day. Maybe on our next adults only trip. 2 hour brunch doesn't not sound fun with two girls who just want to go to the parks... Ha!

15. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

This made me chuckle!!!! Even funnier, we (Joe and I) are actually IN one of your pics!!!! We are in the one with you and your sister (we are at the buffet getting sushi behind you).:love:

16. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

The brunch looks amazing, I am so excited to try it in May! I’m so glad your mom and sister loved it!

How fun to see Jenny!

17. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

This is the second review for the California Grill brunch I've read this week and both have given it amazing reviews. I guess I need to seriously consider this for my mother/daughter trip in November. :laughing: Would someone who isn't a big eater still enjoy the meal?

Your dress for the day was adorable, especially with the coordinating bag. :goodvibes And I love the shot of you all facing away with the MK in the background. It just screamed fun at Disney to me!

18. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

I'm the Timekeeper on vacation too, and it does get old after a while :crazy2: It's nice that your mom helped out with moving everyone along :P

That CG brunch…sigh :sad2: Twice now, Mike and I have had an ADR that we ended up cancelling. It looks so good!

I love how you just bumped into @Jenny Sanders and she made it into your pics :laughing:

Jenny Sanders likes this.
  19. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Hee! Hee!
    Are you signed up for brunch in May??????????

Cloe Colton and buzzrelly like this.
  20. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

I sure am! I can’t wait!

21. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I was glad our waiter was super chill and didn't just take the picture of us squinting and move on haha

Thanks! And it really was amazing, I would highly recommend it!

Haha I had to include the sunny picture because its super funny!

And we get that a lot haha people will just look at us and be like yep you are definitely related! :rotfl:

You are going to love it! I'm bring DH back in September because it was just that good!

Everything seriously was soo good!

That sounds pretty accurate! Honestly I don't remember what either of them were called and I wish I had clarified because I would definitely want them again!

Thanks!

Thanks! I actually got the purse on a super sale from Barnes and Noble and it basically determined my whole outfit! haha

You definitely should! Its obviously a splurge but I feel like it was worth every penny!

Thats probably a good plan! Even my sister who is an adult was itching to go by the end haha so probably best for your adults only trip! I just wish they offered it on more than just Sundays because it is so hard to get!

Omg that is too funny! I totally didn't even notice that even when writing the report. I'm just totally oblivious to everything hahaha I was telling my Mom this weekend that I probably have walked by so many people I know or even celebrities and I literally wouldn't even know because I'm always in my own world :rotfl2:

You will love it! And I was super happy they loved it too because they can be tough customers! haha

It was super cool to see someone from the boards!

I think as long as you go in knowing its more of a splurge and you are paying for the atmosphere/views I think it would be worth it. Plus, they don't rush you out or force you to put your order in as soon as you sit down so you definitely feel like there's more time for digestion and enjoying the meal haha

Thank you! When I saw the bag (and it was on sale) I knew I had to get it! And I know, its one of my favorites!

Yeah it is no fun to be the timekeeper! And usually when I try to be "go with the flow" and be like if we miss something we miss it they usually get upset and ask why I didn't remind them lol so there's no winning! But I was glad that my Mom took the reigns this morning! It was a huge help!

I definitely almost canceled ours just because of cost (we also did the dessert party later this night so I was feeling a bit woozy from all the extras! lol) but I am so happy we kept it! You have to try it the next time you are there!

I just commented back to Jenny but I didn't even realize, even when writing up the report that she was in the background of any of our photos. I am just oblivious! :rotfl:I also couldn't figure out how to actually tag Jenny in the post lol glad I know now!!