I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Completed 2/13! New TR Link!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Such a fun picture!!!

I lost my Grandma two years ago, and I was so close to her, so this special story really tugged at my heart. How lovely for you to know she truly is such a part of you even in her absence.

2. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

That totally looks like something I would make...

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

You can definitely tell we are all having a good time!

Sorry about your grandma :hug: its hard to lose them! But yeah, it was such a nice thing to hear!

Pink and sparkly is always best! haha

missjackiemcg and Jenny Sanders like this.
  5. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Great pics in Mexico!

It's always nice snagging an extra FP for Soarin! And even better getting one for FEA!

6. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I was surprised we even snagged the photos we did with how busy the pavilion was!

And I was super stoked to hit all of the tier one rides with FPs! FP refresh is just so awesome!

7. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

YES hahaha I love this :P

I love the Coco ears! And they go so well with your sister's outfit and the whole Mexico pavilion. So fun!!

8. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

Yeah, it is annoying when people just stand/sit in front of things!

Totally agree! Especially when I ride alone, it feels weird and awkward if no one is screaming!

Yeah, especially since they showed they can do it with Flight of Passage - I've never had any slanting even if I've been put in the far corners!

Jenny Sanders likes this.
  9. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Look at you, working the extra fastpass game! You got some great extra fastpasses!

10. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Love mom's shirt!

I'm with you on the Soarin' slanting :sad2: I really like new Soarin' over old Soarin', but the Eiffel Tower scene just kills me - why?? It's like, for all the amazing things Disney does, they can't get their IT system to work well and can't produce a non-slanted movie!

11. QueenJen

QueenJen Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: He totally is.

Loco

Your mom looks like she is having a great time.

My dh reverts back to a young teenage boy with his comments on the 'bendy' scenes. :sad2:

12. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

:rotfl: he seemed genuinely concerned that I was taking a picture of him. Like no sir, just want the nice scene behind you!

Thanks! There was definitely a lot of planning that went into the ears, outfit, setting hahaha

Right?? I was really looking forward to the ofrenda scene too and it just felt so awkward to stand there and look with the people sitting right there!

I just never understand why anyone would come to Disney to be a party pooper and not enjoy the rides :confused3 I mean I know some people try to not scream as challenges so thats funny but the people who are just grumpy the whole time is so strange to me!

Exactly! Its not like Pandora was a real world for them to use and Soarin is a lot of CGI so Im sure they could have done a proper visual! I'm almost wondering if they are waiting until Ratatouille or Guardians opens to close the ride to fix it. At least thats what Im hoping anyway!

DH and I really nailed it down during our July trip! I was super happy to get FP for the big three there!

So cute right?? I wish they would have had my size available. Wasn't worth it for me to get one that was too big though!

Seriously, its so frustrating. Im always thankful when I end up in a good seat but I also just feel terrible for anyone who's new to Disney or hasn't ridden Soarin before and they get the bad view because it just sucks you right out of the moment! Like Lesley mentioned if they can figure it out with FOP I don't understand why they can't figure out Soarin!

Hahaha right? I honestly didn't even notice until I went back through my photos and was like :rotfl2:

Haha you would think I would remember that from Ricky Martin's Livin La Vida Loca! :rotfl:

She was! haha

I'm sure we're all thinking what he's saying! haha

13. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Probably a good idea. It isn't fast but it is def a nice way to go.

That guy does not look happy. But you know what, he could have gotten up...

I am with you for sure! And I just love that you have that connection. And it's always so intresting to me how we can have those kinds of traits passed down.

14. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Even though we had done a sit down for lunch we knew there were a few F&W booths we wanted to check out!

Calista had mentioned on LWTL that she definitely wanted to get something with cheese! So her wish was my command!

[​IMG]

So our first stop was the Cheese Studio!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since Calista wanted something with cheese we went for the cheese trio!

[​IMG]

Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning

I mean obviously first order of business was taking pictures :rotfl:

[​IMG]

I thought this was a cute angle with Spaceship Earth in the background but then Calista took my picture -

[​IMG]

- And realized I didn't have shadows like she did so she took one from my spot haha

[​IMG]

I love pretty much all cheeses so I was excited to try this! Calista really ended up only liking the smoked salmon pinwheel but I loved all three! I don’t think my Mom tried any of them, she’s not as adventurous as us when it comes to cheese! And I haven't met a cheese I don't like so I was happy to finish whatever they didn't!

Next up on our F&W tour was Next Eats, specifically Coastal Eats!

[​IMG]

If you read my last trip report, you’ll probably know by now that I love crab cakes so I had to try out this one!

[​IMG]

Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass Cream

My Mom and I shared this dish and this was just okay. For as many crab cakes as I’ve eaten (and I only discovered my love for them in the Dominican Republic in 2015!) this one was kind of meh. It was almost just too dry or something. But I was happy to try it!

After we ate our crab cake we made our way towards the Greece pavilion. Calista’s boyfriend’s family is from Greece (his grandfather grew up there) so she was excited to send him this picture!

[​IMG]

And coincidentaly, we love Greek food so we had to stop and get something!

[​IMG]

We went with the spanakopita!

[​IMG]

Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V)

As much as I love crab cakes, I was basically raised on spanakopita. My family tends to always go to Greek restaurants when we go out for family dinners and we usually all get our own spanikopitas, we just love them that much! (If you ever come to Buffalo, I can tell you where all of the best ones are!) And I will tell you, this one did not disappoint! We must have gotten freshly made ones because they were still hot and just SO good!

We also got the wine flight from Greece since it seemed like a shame to not try something wine related during F&W!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were okay. I was surprised at how little they actually give you in terms of wine, even if you just get a glass of wine and not the flight. But it was still fun to try! We found a nice little bench facing the lagoon and there was a nice breeze so it was just a perfect afternoon!

While we were over there I made my Mom put on Calista's Coco ears since her new shirt was perfect for the ears as well!

[​IMG]

Since we had dinner reservations coming up we decided to just find somewhere to grab another drink to try! We saw people walking around with orange slushie looking margaritas so we assumed they were from the Mexico booth.

So our last and final F&W stop (for now) was the Mexico standalone booth.

[​IMG]

We ordered the Mariachi Loco (because it had mango in it so we thought it would be the orange ones we saw) for my Mom and the Red Wine Sangria for me (I can’t do margaritas, tequila just doesn’t agree with me!). Well the drink wasn’t the one we saw but it did match Calista’s outfit haha

[​IMG]

Mariachi Loco: Margarita with Libelula Tequila Joven, Mango Purée and Chamoy

And the Red Wine Sangria was SO GOOD

La Chancla: Red Wine Sangria mixed with Fruit Juice

[​IMG]

We were able to find a table along the fence to enjoy our drinks and chill in the shade. It was perfect!

[​IMG]

We had contemplated grabbing another drink somewhere but like I’ve mentioned I don’t really drink so I was good with the sips of wine and the sangria! We decided to just walk around the World Showcase and work off the things we’d eaten so we’d have an appetite for dinner! I will say though, for as busy as a Saturday during F&W is supposed to be we had no issues with lines or finding a table at any of the booths we went to. We never waited more than like one person in front of us, if even that. Granted, the lines earlier in the day when we were walking back from Morocco looked nuts so maybe we just hit it at a good time of day!

We started with the Mexico pavilion on our walking tour, except we just looked around outside since we had already ventured inside earlier in the day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up was Norway. We had our FP for FEA for later in the evening so we didn’t want to wait in line if we didn’t have to. But we did notice that Anna and Elsa only had a 15-minute wait so we decided to hop in line! It might have been closer to 20 minutes but it really wasn’t too bad. I was mostly trying to kill time so we wouldn’t get to our dinner reservation TOO early. Especially since we had just had those snacks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a fun meet and greet! We always enjoy meeting with them since Calista and I dressed as them one Halloween and went to my Moms pre-k class dressed as them. It was I think 3 or 4 years ago now and kids STILL come up to my Mom and talk to her about it. I feel like I missed my calling! Haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up we stopped in China. We always love playing with the marionettes!

[​IMG]

Our next stop was Germany. So a bit of a side story. Two Christmases ago, my brother did the ancestry DNA kit. He had duped me and my sister into paying $30 each to split a kit, well I thought in paying the $30 so that the three of us would each get our own DNA swab. That was not the case lol he just assumed we would all split it for his DNA because it would be the same. So in case you were wondering, its not. You will be similar to siblings but your overall genetics can be different and your percentages can vary based on which parent you have more of, etc. SO last Christmas, my whole family did the ancestry DNA kit to see what we actually were (my brother did pay back the $30 once he realized he was wrong :rotfl:). the results came back and I was mostly English, my brother was mostly Scandinavian and my sister was mostly Polish. Well, we all received emails about 6 months later saying with their updates to technology and more our results all changed and me and my sister ended up being mostly German (my brothers didn't change much - hes still mostly Scandinavian!)! Which we didn't even know we were lol so the moral of this story is, I'm not sure how much I trust the dna results but for now we are German! :rotfl2: So it was fun to stop here knowing that!

Anyway, I really wanted to get a pickle ornament from Germany. I had had it on my souvenir list during my July trip but DH had talked me out of it. Well, he wasn’t with me this time to talk me out of it so I found one that matched my trees theme (golds and reds, and some pinks) and bought that one! Dan questioned why I bought it once I was home and showed him. He felt like it was a German tradition so we shouldn’t have it to which I reminded him apparently I AM German so therefore I can have one. But I would have bought one anyway, my Dad’s mom bought one for my parents tree growing up and was always a fun ornament to hide on the tree so I wanted one of my own!

[​IMG]

After Germany we considered trekking all the way to France for a drink but we realized there really wasn’t enough time to get there and back before our dinner reservation (plus I don’t think my Mom realized JUST how far France was compared to Italy!) So instead we checked in at Via Napoli! Even with F&W going on Via Napoli was very busy, we were thankful to have reservations!

Up next dinner in Italy and nighttime in EPCOT!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Templemom, *tinker*bell*, DLo and 5 others like this.
  15. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I think with how crowded the pathways were it actually ended up being faster for us! So I was happy we went that way instead of trying to weave in and out of the crowds!

Nope! lol but exactly. You are sitting in front of something that is pretty frequently photographed in the pavilion either move or just don't stare me down. I promise I do not actually want a picture of a random stranger lol

Right?? Thats definitely where I got it from!

16. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun time exploring the countries and the F&W Booths!

17. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

DEDICATION :P

These photos are so cute! And how fun that you got to dress as the princesses for your mom's class. I bet that was super special for them.

Okay I'm glad you said this because I've been debating doing it but now I'm not so sure.

18. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I wish we could have tried more! But we definitely enjoyed ourselves!

Haha she sure is!

Thanks! It really was - and I think my personality is pretty close to Elsa and my sisters is more like Anna so it really worked out well! The teacher my Mom works with even had me "turn on" the music for the class with Elsa's magic and you would have thought I actually did it! It was so cute and one of my favorite memories! I have the picture of us somewhere, I'll have to find it!

So I will say don't do it for any more than $69 because they run specials all the time. And I mean, it was cool to do but now I'm almost like is it going to change again? lol I'm still happy we did it. Its super interesting how it finds distant relatives and knows you are related. Like my Mom's great aunt had done it and popped up on mine. So that was cool too! I guess they are only changing because their technology is advancing so Im sure its worth it to do if you are interested!

dolewhipdreams likes this.
  19. VAtink

VAtink DIS Veteran

Those Coco ears you made are amazing! They look better than the ears Disney sells, so impressed!

20. jrmint427

jrmint427 Mouseketeer

I'm joining in!

Do you find it reasonable to balance your job as a travel agent with your day job? I love planning Disney trips and have been helping friends plan theirs for fun, so it has me toying with the idea of actually becoming a travel agent... but it also seems like a lot of work!

I love this idea!! What a special keepsake for the couple.

We saw the belly dancer once while we ate there! She tried to bring some kids on stage with her but most didn't seem to want to go up with her. I loved the vibes in that restaurant! But there wasn't a lot on the menu for me as a vegetarian.

I love the Coco ears!!

21. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I love the Coco ears and your mom’s cold shoulder shirt from Mexico is so cute!

Good 4th and 5th FP selections! I agree as you know about the whole slanted Soarin!

It looks like a fun afternoon checking out F&W and the countries.