I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Completed 2/13! New TR Link!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Haha I could ride it over and over again! The only thing that gets old for me is the preshow!

The Poly was amazing!!

Last days are always hard but we definitely made the best of it!

buzzrelly and Jenny Sanders like this.
  2. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Your matching shirts are so cute! Sounds like a nice final breakfast at Kona!

Wow MK sure was crowded! But I'm glad you guys got to do some last minute things before flying home! Wow I NEVER noticed that about the extra girl on COP- who is she?!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Great last day, we love the airline check in, so convenient and easy!

When we did the Marceline to Magic tour, I believe our guide said she is a random girl helping with the laundry, no connection to the story line or family, they don’t even know, lol!

I believe the fan with Niagara Falls is a nod to the World Fair it opened to in New York.

Loved your report and all the pictures!

5. TakeMe2Disney13

TakeMe2Disney13 Earning My Ears

Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. I enjoyed reading. We were also at MK that day, and I can remember the crowds as well. I learned to avoid non party days next time.

6. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

We have a very small, 50-point Poly contract. It definitely is not enough and I can't wait to add on at least another 50 points.

Yes, you should have kept it for yourself :laughing:

Amazing :love:

I love the RAC. I don't think I've ever NOT used it and now I'm confused about what to do in April. We are heading to MCO right from Port Canaveral and because our flight is like 20 minutes earlier than they recommend, we can't check our bags from the ship. I guess I'll have to figure out how to do it at MCO :confused3

Super cute :goodvibes

Aw! She looks so sad, I'm sure she was missing you :sad1:

:scared1: Appalling!

I kind of love that show and definitely make time to watch it ::yes::

Perfect :love:

It looks like the crowds were crazy. We went to the MK and two different party days and found the crowds very manageable.

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Thanks! I wish Target came out with Mickey shirts for every season! I was really hoping to find one for St. Pattys Day but I havent seen anything yet!

I honestly have no idea! She just disappears!!

I just can't believe I had never tried it before this trip! It was awesome! I was actually sad when DH and I went in December and we couldn't use it because we were spending the last night at the airport Hyatt!!

That is too funny! Well I'm glad I wasn't missing some random family member then :rotfl:

I think I actually have heard that before!! Just so funny to me considering Niagara Falls is literally on the opposite side of NY to where it opened :rotfl: I think thats why I always just go with my theory because it makes more sense to me hahaha

Thanks for reading!!

Thanks for reading along! It was SO crazy! I definitely wish we had done a different park that day but I guess you live and learn!

I definitely wouldn't have been happy with just 75 points! I think DH saw that and knew he'd be on a bad path of addonitis and pulled me back in haha I do actually like renting right now just to try out the different resorts and see which is actually our favorite! Problem is, DH thinks Boulder Ridge (or Copper Creek) is his favorite and mine is the Poly so if we ever do buy DVC I imagine we probably will end up with two contracts :rotfl:

I really think I would have had a hard time giving it up! Especially because it is so rare! So I was definitely glad I didn't need to decide haha

I love watching the fireworks from Poly's beach!

I definitely will be using it from now on!! I think I used it once before with DH but we were using the Magical Express that trip and I just assumed they were all in one but boy was I wrong! It's really not terrible checking them in at the airport for Southwest, they've definitely gotten better about it over the years. Just more work than RAC! haha

She definitely was, she loves her Mama :love:

I know! lol I mean it was super frustrating the time we had to watch the scenes a million times but its still just such a classic!

The crowds were just so crazy! It was honestly worse than our Spring Break trip and that shocked me! I definitely didn't think Columbus day weekend would be THAT bad. It wasn't a party day but a day between parties which is why I think it was such a mad house. I definitely should have made us go on a party day instead!

buzzrelly likes this.
  8. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Isn't it the greatest!? That's one of my favorite perks of staying with Disney. I LOVE not having to do anything with my own luggage :)

I never went to WDW as a kid, but I can totally see my Mom pulling this on me, too!!! Such a great idea :) I'm actually a little sad Jimmy already knows the difference, so I can't use this as a parent myself!

When we went on the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour, we rode CoP with our earpieces in--our tour guide talked about this!! She said they've done research as far back as they can, but anyone who knows the real story of why this little girl is there is long deceased, so they just tell people to make up their own storyline for her. That was such an UNsatisfying answer to who the heck she is!! I wish they'd come up with a reason and then just tell me that--I'd believe it and be happy :)

9. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I was actually super bummed when DH and I went in December and couldn't use it because we were spending the last night at the airport Hyatt! Its just so much easier!!

Haha right? It was a pretty good trick she pulled, I mean you are on a ride, see the Space Mountain sign and can hear it? I definitely believed her! At least until I was tall enough and could actually ride haha

That IS so unsatisfying lol

10. missangelalexis

11. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

OMG!!! She looks like, "Please come home, I miss you!!!" Too cute.

This is hilarious and totatly something I would have done with my girls if they were begging to go on.

YIKES! No way!!! We won't wait more than 20 minutes for that thing.

YES!!! Please! We loved that in Disneyland!

Thanks for sharing your trip!

12. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing this wonderful TR! You guys sure look like you have a lot of fun and you are lucky you have a Disney loving family to enjoy the parks with.

13. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

You packed a lot into your last Disney day!
    I can understand you wishing you had spent that last day relaxing at the Polynesian. I mean, that's part of the allure of staying at a deluxe. But in reality, for big Disney fans like us, it's hard to pass up those final hours in the park. You want to make departure day as least sad as possible!

14. emilyhuff

emilyhuff Mouseketeer

What a great trip! I so enjoyed reading along! So glad you got to stay your last night at the Poly! It's definitely my favorite resort!!!

15. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I actually ended up getting this one ! Mens shirts are usually a little boxy on me so this one will have to do!

She was definitely ready for me to come home!! She's like my shadow when I am home so she definitely missed me!

It definitely worked on me! Especially because I was always a daredevil and wanted to do all of the big kid rides before I was old enough!

I really don't know who would wait more than 20 minutes!! It was crazy! I won't even wait that long for a rollercoaster let alone cars!

I really don't understand why they don't!

Thanks for joining in!!

Thank you for reading!! I really am lucky that my Mom and sister love Disney too! In fact, even my aunts and cousins love Disney as much as we do so most holidays are spent talking about Disney! Its great! (Although not for those in our family who could not care less :rotfl:)

That really was the hard part!! I had originally planned to stay at the Polynesian longer and possibly go swimming but then thats hard too on your last day when you have to fly home at some point but I think we would have even enjoyed just grabbing a couple of drinks and hanging out!

Thanks for reading!! I think its mine too! Well its a tie between the Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge! haha But I think the Polynesian has the slight edge!!

16. missangelalexis

Aww that's super cute still!!

Cloe Colton likes this.
  17. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Wrap up!

Again, thank you to everyone who read this TR, commented or just enjoyed being here. I really love reliving my trips this way and is a great way to document our trips!! I still need to make copies of my TR but I think that will be my task this weekend!!

For my last TR I added some tips at the end that we learned along the way so I thought I’d add them again. Moreso for my own brain to remember! Haha

Tips

- If you are renting a car, keep receipts for tolls paid (or take a picture of receipt) and take a picture of contract. You never know what they will try to charge you for when you get home!

- Use Resort Airline check in! (If your airline and flight is eligible!) This made our lives so easy coming home and really made getting to the airport that much less stressful. Even with having to get Calista’s boarding pass printed at the airport we were able to use a standalone kiosk with no line and were on our way in minutes! Just remember to keep your identification on you because you will need that for airport security!

- If making a reservation in Disney Springs, check Open Table. They usually have many times that Disney does not show and if you use Open Table enough you can build up rewards (and I am all about any and all rewards programs!) Although, the main benefit is that there is no cancellation fee if you book through here which is great if you aren’t sure you will make the reservation!

- Again, use mobile ordering!

I think that was everything that stuck out to me this trip! Definitely not as many as my July trip with DH but that was also a much longer trip! :rotfl:

I will post back with my new TR link for DH and I’s Christmas trip to Disney!!

Until then, if you want to read about what I have planned for this year check out my PTR here its going to be an amazing year of Disney! (Even if I started it thinking it wouldn't be :rotfl2:)

See you all real soon! :wave:

18. reyasmommy

reyasmommy DIS Veteran

Great tips, thank you! I definitely agree about the mobile ordering. ;)

Cloe Colton likes this.
  19. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Its really the only way to go now!

20. TNGirlwCamera

TNGirlwCamera Mouseketeer

Enjoyed your trip report! Looks like a great girls trip. Thanks for the OpenTable tip too.

21. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Another great trip report! Thank you so much for sharing. I really enjoyed all your pics!!!8-)