I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Completed 2/13! New TR Link!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 1 Tuesday Oct 9th

We woke up to a beautiful morning! But it was time to get up, ready and get packed for our move to somewhere else for our last night! Have I said where yet? If not I’ll just keep it a secret!

By 11am we were pulling into the Animal Kingdom!

[​IMG]

We hopped on the tram and were ready for a wild day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First thing in the park we stopped to wait for a photopass picture. Now if you remember until this point we hadn’t had great luck with photopass. So we tried to do some psychoanalyzing of the families and groups waiting and the left line in front of the tree had a big group with matching shirts so we decided to hop into the right line. Well, we failed and picked the wrong line AGAIN. The family had kids in strollers that the parents were struggling to unbuckle but didn’t want to leave the kids in the stroller for the photo and kids that DID NOT want to take any photos and grandmas and parents and two different families that all wanted pictures together and then totally separate. And listen, I get it, you probably paid a pretty penny for the Memory Maker and you want your money’s worth. All I am asking is that you be considerate of how long you are taking. Leave the kid out of the photo or let them be pouty and then laugh about them being a stinker twenty years from now because I promise your coaxing for five minutes gave you the same exact photo you would have had before. And it always seems to happen where these families get great photo opportunities where no one is near them or on top of them and then my family goes up for one pose of the three of us we get stuck with another group basically taking a picture on top of us (ah the fond memories of green guy) or just tons of people in the background. It’s just very, very frustrating. And seemed like a new trend this trip because I’ve never experienced this before so many times!

The photopass photographer could tell we were slightly aggravated by the time it was our turn because I think he was as well. We did our best to brush our aggravation off and just get some nice photos since we had waited what seemed like forever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well after we took those photos the photographer thought that when he scanned my magicband that it didn’t work the first time. But I almost wonder if he knew it worked just fine and saw that the crowds had cleared behind us to get some really great shots! Hallelujah!

[​IMG]

Whatever the case may be, I am happy we got to take a couple extra photos for our troubles! Honestly the second photo almost looks like everyone got edited out! I don't know where they all went! :rotfl:maybe the photopass gods finally took pity on us! haha

It was time to head to Pandora for lunch! I think my Mom stopped in the restroom before heading to eat so Calista and I took the opportunity to take some photos with the floating mountains.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DH and I had tried Satuli Canteen on our trip in July and I had since raved about the food to my Mom and Calista. So I was hopeful that they would love the food, too! We walked up and my Mom asked if she should grab a table to save for us thinking that there was no inside seating. I said told her nope and to follow me!

I mobile ordered on our way over so we made our way to that counter first. We only waited a few minutes before our order was up and ready. It probably would have been even faster but it appeared that a large group had said they were there long before they were actually at the counter and theirs was put together first. But no big deal, we still only had like at most a three minute wait instead of waiting in this line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once we had our food I lead us over to the seating area and grabbed a table. We ordered two orders of the cheeseburger pods, shrimp noodles and a kids quesadilla.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, my Mom and Calista (and me too!) LOVED our lunch here. The food was delicious, there was ac, free refills on pop, everything was just great! My Mom and sister now give this lunch option as a tip to everyone they talk to who is heading to Disney but they never remember the name so they always just say "this place in Pandora" :rotfl2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After lunch, it was time for Flight of Passage!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't be FOP without this guy :sad2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We of course loved our ride on the back of the banshee! I think my Mom spent the whole morning in Pandora telling me all the things I needed to tell my brother about for his trip, including FOP. Yes Mom, I was going to leave out telling him about probably the best ride in Disney :rotfl: (which he's since been on his trip and I somehow managed to get him a second sameday fastpass for FOP which I haven't even been able to get for myself so he did just fine haha!)

After FOP we stopped for some Night Blossums. These are just SO yummy. I wish I was having one right now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking back, we took a lot of photos with our Night Blossums. But did you really visit the Valley of Mo'Ara if you didn't get photographic evidence of your delicious drink!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think after we grabbed our drinks the robot guy came out to talk to the crowd so we grabbed a seat in the shade and watched for a bit.

[​IMG]

Next up was our FP for the Safari! Our tour guide on the safari asked if it was anyone’s first time on the safari. When no one raised their hands she got super excited and told us she would do her best to tell us facts that we haven’t heard before. And it was awesome! From the sounds of it, she grew up coming to Animal Kingdom and loved the safari and made it her mission in life to become a Safari driver. She was super enthusiastic and really did have a lot of new facts. It was nice not to hear the same canned lines about the (fake) Baobob tree or the termite hills or the elephant tusk marks :rotfl:

[​IMG]

And best of all, we got to see the bebe giraffe! (sorry its blurry, I was excited!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And we got to see the famous long giraffe tongue!

[​IMG]

Oh! And the bebe elephant!

[​IMG]

AND! The cheetah was up and walking around which I’ve never seen. They’ve always just been loafing in the back corners lol

[​IMG]

And last but not least, the rhinos. I have a newfound love for the rhinos because the way they lay reminds me so much of my pug, Joy, so I always enjoy seeing them! (And I cant wait to try out the new Rhino tour!)

[​IMG]

It was such a great safari!

2. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

I cannot wait to eat here in May!!!!

I'm getting one of these too!!!!

LOVE!

I am soooooo excited for this in May too!!!!

ariane37 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Um, after reading how sad everyone who didn't get the Halloween mug is, I'm a bit embarrassed to say I got that one AND the Christmas one.......
    Na na na na na :P

Yes, we did the dessert party last March and I loved the snack boxes! But we had the cubed cheese also and no chocolate pudding, in fact from the looks of your box we had quite a few different things. Really good though! I agree on the margarita too, extremely sweet even for me. I brought home all our mugs :)

Too bad you missed out on the Edison entertainment but glad you enjoyed your visit anyway!

5. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Me too :jumping1:

Cloe Colton and Jenny Sanders like this.
  6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

It really does look like you have the park to yourself in that second PP photo taken! Pretty cool.

The canteen is definitely the best QS meal in AK now. I haven't been to Woddy's lunchbox yet, but it seems like Disney has stepped up their QS game with all the new lands. Which I really appreciate because sometimes you don't want a full blown TS restaurant but still want decent food!

7. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

That's a gorgeous picture :-)

I couldn't quote about the HEA dessert party, but I kind of feel the same way. We are skipping it in April, though if we did book it again I would book the one with TL Terrace seating so my mom could sit and relax in a chair. I think we'll just try to get there early and get her a spot on a bench or a wall somewhere.

You and me both! We might be the only two :sad:

Those are adorable :love:

Jeez, how rude! That is definitely not a very nice way to tell someone they cut. It happens, but I would have just said something. Nice example she's setting for her kids :sad2:

That's great! I hope my mom and kids love it as much as I do when we go in April ::yes::

Ha! It must be a "mom" thing. Mine would be the same way.

At least the pictures came out awesome :thumbsup2

Ugh. Super boring guy :crazy2:

8. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

It was tocold to enjoy a night blossom for us, bummer! I hope to have one in May!

I love all your pictures, my sister loved the Safari and loved all the facts!

9. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

It's so good! I initially stayed away from it because I thought the food all looked so strange and then I realized its probably the best QS on property! So good!

I really want to try the new version with alcohol!

I love when the babies are out on the savanna! So precious!

Hahaha lucky! I did end up getting the Christmas one so at least I got one of them!!

That's interesting! I wonder if they rotate the desserts offered or if they just change it up depending on how they feel haha although with all of the babybel cheese theming in TSL I wonder if they signed a contact with them to only offer those now haha I definitely brought home mine, I'm not sure if my sister and Mom did too. I think they did!

Yeah it ended up being a really great night!

Haha right?? Its so eerie considering the pictures were taken literally within a minute of each other lol I don't think I even got an empty picture like that at the After Hours party!

I agree! I feel like Disney is finally listening to everyone where we WANT to spend money in the parks and eat but we don't want just the same repeat of chicken fingers and gross burgers everywhere lol I am actually excited to see the new menus at the Backlot Express and the ABC commissary now that they've updated those menus too!

Thank you!

Yeah I feel like that's probably your best bet anyway! You'll wait about the same amount of time anyway lol

:sad:

Thank you!!

I'm sure they will!!

Haha she went into a full on tailspin over it at first, I was so annoyed that my sister even mentioned it because my Mom wouldn't have even put two and two together if she saw anything about it on Twitter or the news!

Yes they did! Thankful that the CM gave us that extra set of photos!

THE. WORST!

Yeah that is definitely not a cold night drink! I'm sure it will be plenty warm for you to have one in May haha

The Safari really is one of the best rides!

buzzrelly likes this.
  10. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

That pic totally looked photoshopped!!! I'm so glad you were able to get so many magic shots and that empty-park shot, too. Good karma for waiting patiently :)

11. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Yes! Karma was definitely on our side for being patient this whole trip!!! :rotfl:

12. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

Wait what now? You shouldn't play during the practice round? How did I not know this??

RUDE

Oh that's interesting. I didn't know the Fantasmic dessert deal was just a box of desserts and a drink to take to your seat. How did you like that?

And so colorful!

Those deviled eggs are soooo good!

Again RUDE

Thank you, mighty spirits of PhotoPass!!

One of my favorite things about this restaurant, TBH

I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to realize all those things weren't real. My first few trips when they talked about the elephant tusks I was like "Oh man I can't believe we're close to elephants AGAIN!" Oh my sweet, summer child...

Anyway, looks like a fun start to your Animal Kingdom day!

13. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Love all the magic shots in front of the tree. And that empty one is just perfect!

Night blossoms are awesome!

I'm glad you had such a fun safari!

14. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Gotta save those arm muscles! No point in wasting energy for zero points!

Yepppp, very rude lol

I actually really liked it! For us, it was about the same cost as doing lunch at Mama Melrose with the fantasmic dining package as it was to do the dessert party + lunch in Toy Story Land (which was a must do for me because I LOVE the grilled cheese) so I thought it was priced pretty well! And the desserts we got were fun and the souvenir mug for our drinks was a fun bonus too! I also liked that we didn't have to worry about finding a seat once we finished our desserts because we were already in our seats. Between the MK after dessert party and the Fantasmic one I would do the Fantasmic again in a heartbeat...MK not so much

I was pleasantly surprised by the food at The Edison! I actually think I like The Edison's deviled eggs over Homecomings!

Yeahh everyone seemed to be very cranky this trip!

It is seriously such a perfect photo!!

Yeah the free refills are AMAZING!

Hahaha I honestly didn't realize it for a long time either. But once you know it you can't unknow it and so I have a hard time listening to those spiels so it was awesome to get someone so passionate and excited to give new, REAL facts haha

I was excited to see the Magic shots when they posted in my account because they were supposed to be in the set that didn't go onto my magic band!

It was a great safari!

dolewhipdreams likes this.
  15. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Yeah it was seriously like a study in human behavior this trip! And exactly, I worked in retail too and knew we were cutting it close so I figured they'd be like "Hey we're closing soon!" But not like barricade us from trying to come in lol especially because we knew everything we wanted!!

I think your TR was actually the one that sold me on it! I wonder if they have a contract with Babybel now that they are all over Toy Story land? They were really good though!! I could have just had a whole box of cheese and been happy :rotfl:

Welcome! And that is too funny!! I only ever remember what room number I had when I receive a room ready text! haha

:welcome:

missjackiemcg likes this.
  16. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

I need to try the cheeseburger pods!

I love both drinks from that stand. Yum!

17. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

Oh FOP, how I wish I were flying right now.
    We did not have the chance to try food or drink in Pandora. Maybe next time!

18. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 2 October 9th

After our safari we made our way over to Everest. The view from the back of the Tree of Life is so pretty!

[​IMG]

On our way over we stopped for another photopass with Everest as the backdrop. I laughed at this one because the photopass photographer made me move my fanny pack to the back of me. Apparently, he did not get the memo that it was a part of my outfit! :rotfl: I didn’t mind too much except for the fact that in doing so I now had a weird black belt across me lol There wasn’t anyone in line behind us so he had us do a couple of extra fun shots which we appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We hopped in line for Everest and used our third FP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While in line for Everest I was able to snag a 4th FP for Dinosaur but not for another hour. So I suggested heading over to see Finding Nemo to kill some time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We enjoyed the show and had all of the songs stuck in our heads for the rest of the day :rotfl: The part where Marlin and Nemo go out, and go back in, and go out, and go back in, always reminds me of walking my dog because if there are any other dogs walking by when we head out of the house I go back in to avoid her barking like crazy at them haha so that always puts a smile on my face!

Did I get the shows dialogue stuck in your head there? You’re welcome haha (Big blue world is currently stuck in my head :rotfl:)

[​IMG]

As we left the theater we found it to be pouring out so we pulled out our ponchos and made our way over to Dinosaur because it was time for our FP!

[​IMG]

If you’ve read my other TR you know we always have to get a photo of our feet here! Which is actually always slightly stressful because the line moves so fast in the spot but its a necessity!

[​IMG]

Now let’s go get that dino!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While we were in line for Dinosaur I snagged another immediate FP for Primevil Whirl so we made our way over there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When we got off of Primevil Whirl we were all really craving something sweet so we found the nearest ice cream stand. We could also feel a storm about to blow through so we found a bench under cover to enjoy our ice cream.

[​IMG]

At first it seemed like maybe it was just heavy wind but then the skies opened up and buckets were basically coming down. It was nuts! We were thankful to have a comfortable spot out of the rain. I felt bad for the people who were on Triceratops Spin when the rain started because it basically came out of nowhere and everyone came off soaked!

[​IMG]

Eventually it let up and we were able to head back over to Dinosaur to ride again with a FP. It was still a little rainy though so we wore our ponchos. (We probably didn't need them but we are goofs like that)

[​IMG]

The only downside to riding rides like Dinosaur over and over again is having to sit through the pre-show so many times!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was able to convince my Mom to ride one more time since I was able to score another immediate FP. We were definitely ready to head out for the day but why leave when you can get right on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Calista's face in this picture cracks me up :rotfl:

After our third and final ride on Dinosaur we were finally ready to leave and head out. We had somewhere fun to check into!

If I haven’t mentioned it already, we were checking into the Polynesian Resort and Villas for the last night of our trip! :banana::banana:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  19. cinderaimee

cinderaimee Mouseketeer

Your day at AK sounds amazing, especially the safari without the usual script! The food at Satuli canteen looks so good and I'm still sad I spent two days at AK and didn't eat there once. Love that your rode Dinosaur so many times! :laughing:

20. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Cute pics in front of EE!

Big Blue World ALWAYS gets stuck in my head!! I was singing it practically my whole trip last week :rotfl2:

So fun getting to ride Dinosaur so many times!

21. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I have really enjoyed the Nemo show, we haven’t done it for awhile now! May need to check it out again on my next visit.

I love your photos with Everest in the background!

Dinosaur is my favorite ride, I couldn’t do it this last trip because of my back and I really missed! Andi and I would ride this over and over when AK use to have pm EMH.