Ive booked a cruise onboard - now looking for travel agent

scottofsdea

Mouseketeer
Just got off a Disney cruise and booked another one onboard. I've recently lost my travel agent I've worked with for many years. So, I am trying to decide on a travel agent. Hear many good things about small world and aaa. Any others? Also, what perks are out there?

Just got off a Disney cruise and booked another one onboard. I've recently lost my travel agent I've worked with for many years. So, I am trying to decide on a travel agent. Hear many good things about small world and aaa. Any others? Also, what perks are out there?

Each TA will offer their own perks, if they have them. You'd have to contact the ones you are interested in and find out what they can do for you.

One note, you have to transfer within 30 days, so research quickly.

I think we will be booking our next one when we are on board so it will be a first for me. What is the benefit of moving it to a TA? and how is that done?

From the board guidelines:

The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com.

Posting a company name that is blocked without using a URL for the filter to work is considered circumventing the filter, BTW. It's one of the infractions listed. http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm/

I use an agency that is blocked on this site, so I can't name them, but I will say that on our last trip we had an unimaginable horror happen and the agency went above and beyond to get us home and take care of us. They worked long hard hours to do everything they could for us and were invaluable.

We are young and healthy and what happened was not on our radar (my mom died on our trip). Thank goodness we booked with a wonderful agency. They don't give a huge OBC, but they do give HUGE service. I'll forgo the giant OBCs just to know that the agency has my back and will do everything they can to take care of us.

Just my thoughts on how to chose an agent.

WOW, Kirbo, so sorry to hear of your loss, what a terrible thing to go through. Im so glad you had a wonderful TA who worked on your behalf to make things as smooth as possible.

Make sure you research the second TA you mentioned I was not happy with them. Check out some of the threads in the forum .

Whatever TA you go with, it's a good idea to ask them if they've had the Disney specific training. Those are the ones who do the best with Disney trips.

We have used DU and we had to transfer all the Cruise because of my Dad Passing away. This was within a week of travelling and I must say DU done all the could by telling us what we needed from Doctors etc. we sent everything to them and we got the cruise date changed.
We then found out a few months later that the date we had picked was double the price we paid on the first one. We panicked and Jana at DU got it changed again for us. We now go in Sept on the Fantasy and I will be proposing them as our TA.
Plus the OBC and the Welcome pack helps also.:)

Whatever TA you go with, it's a good idea to ask them if they've had the Disney specific training. Those are the ones who do the best with Disney trips.

I would trust the information I read on these boards more than a travel agent that I know nothing about. Many of the posters, yourself included, are very knowledgeable.

Agree with pp, the info on boards like this are way more than any one TA can provide, I go with the one that has the most return for my bottom line and for me it's been costco

Also booked onboard and looking for a TA in Ohio have used AAA in the past. Not ready for an email only site yet. Any recommendations? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DISBoards

I recommend using a small business backed by a large host agency. That way you get the personal attention and expertise of the business owner and the protection and 24 hour emergency coverage from the host agency if something goes wrong while you are travelling.
My husband recently started his own travel agency specializing in Disney travel and family travel. The cruise OBC offered is as good as I've seen. He will communicate by email or phone. He's certainly a Disney and DCL expert! As well as a family travel expert...we've travelled to over 20 states and six countries with our five young children.
You can PM me if you want his info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter