I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to just drop in a quick note to everyone, deep breaths, count to 10, step away from doom-scrolling, pause for a few minutes and give your head a chance to absorb the new information.

We need to remember that this is still a NEW virus, science is and will continue to be fluid surrounding how it functions and what methods we have to combat it. There are no hidden agendas by either government or the "big pharma" (gawd i loath that term!) the only true villain is COVID-19. We haven't been tricked, experimented on, kept in the dark or deliberately lied to.

We WILL get to the other side of this but we need to give the scientific and medical communities a chance to study and deal with this virus, they have one item on their agenda, public health & safety, period. We know what our part is in this battle because it really hasn't changed: stay at home as much as possible, wear a mask when you do go out, keep your distance and wash your hands. The light is shining bright at the end of this very long tunnel, we are almost there, don't give up hope.

Last edited:
So, those of us that got the AZ vaccine... are we going to be lost in the shuffle? Everyone who's gotten the Pfizer has their second shot lined up already. We just have a "we'll call you" notice from the pharmacy.

So, those of us that got the AZ vaccine... are we going to be lost in the shuffle? Everyone who's gotten the Pfizer has their second shot lined up already. We just have a "we'll call you" notice from the pharmacy.
this isn't actually true, my 81 year old mother had her 1st Pfizer shot the first week of March and she doesn't have an appointment for her 2nd yet. Same goes for my F-I-L, my sisters and hubby's sister, none of them have scheduled times yet, and this is 4 different health units.
We won't be lost in the shuffle, try to steady your heart, I know it's hard to sit in the uncertainty of it all but it will happen.

I got my AZ shot in Ontario at a pharmacy in April and already have a second appointment for August 10th.

I don’t think those who got AZ will get lost in the shuffle. If anything, we will be first to be “fully vaccinated”’amongst our age cohorts who waited for Pfizer (either by electing to get one of the AZ doses expected by the end of June that are “reserved for us” or by getting Pfizer as our second short, as we are still 3+ weeks ahead of our age group getting Pfizer now).

Just watching the morning news with my morning caffeine... Alberta and Saskatchewan are halting AZ first shots, so they can use their existing supply to begin administering second AZ shots to those who had AZ for their first shot. Sounds like a good alternative to mixing doses. The chances of a clot with the second dose, is being reported as 1 in 1 million...

Just watching the morning news with my morning caffeine... Alberta and Saskatchewan are halting AZ first shots, so they can use their existing supply to begin administering second AZ shots to those who had AZ for their first shot. Sounds like a good alternative to mixing doses. The chances of a clot with the second dose, is being reported as 1 in 1 million...

I hope they do this with ON as well, though I know we don't have enough doses to cover a second for all who got the first. I suspect there will be a bunch of people who are too scared to get the second dose. Interesting as I just had a team meeting and we were talking about vaccines, my manager and I got the AZ on the same day and the rest waited for something "better" and are still waiting. I'm at 3 weeks now and am very happy to be ahead of them all. I still think the risk of blood clots is lower with the first dose than it is with being on birth control pills, yet millions of women are on those and no one says anything about it.

I hope they do this with ON as well, though I know we don't have enough doses to cover a second for all who got the first. I suspect there will be a bunch of people who are too scared to get the second dose. Interesting as I just had a team meeting and we were talking about vaccines, my manager and I got the AZ on the same day and the rest waited for something "better" and are still waiting. I'm at 3 weeks now and am very happy to be ahead of them all. I still think the risk of blood clots is lower with the first dose than it is with being on birth control pills, yet millions of women are on those and no one says anything about it.

Press conference with Minister Elliot & the Solicitor General at noon today about vaccine roll out. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ontario adopts the same AZ strategy as the Western provinces. It makes good sense to me.
My sister & brother in law got the AZ vaccine 4 weeks ago, i’m sure they’d rest easier not having to mix vaccine types.

Yep no regrets here. My hubby got his over a month ago too. We are now far ahead of people our age who waited and are still waiting. We likely wouldn’t have gotten pfyser until June.

I got my AZ shot in Ontario at a pharmacy in April and already have a second appointment for August 10th.

Do you have an actual appointment? Like with a specific time on that date? Or did they just write that date down on the piece of paper they gave you after the first shot. Myself and many people I know who got their first AZ shot at a pharmacy just got the hand written "date" which was basically a date that happened to be approx. 16 weeks after the first, but they specifically told me it's not an actual appointment but when we could expect to get the second dose by (at or before) but that they would contact us at sometime in the future for an actual appointment depending on the supply went along. They noted that we would be contacted when an actual 2nd shot was available.

I was happy to hear this was happening in Saskatchewan and Alberta. As I'm an Albertan who went out the first day and got our AZ shot. I had wondered in the back of my head if we wouldn't get our second shot sooner, with so many people being hesitant about it.

Bring on my second shot...whether it is another AZ one or bumping it up to one of those fancy other ones :lmao:

Use us for the " experiment" of mixing vaccines. I mean this with the most sincere request!!!!!

HONEY PLEASE..... Generation X had mother's who drank and smoked while pregnant, we raised with hotdogs, kd and tang, We were expected to watch younger siblings at a very unrealistic age, were latchkey kids coming home to watch younger siblings and start dinners and had chore lists written out for us. We had NO carseats, didn't wear seat belts, no bike helmets and rode bikes on gravel roads in flip flops. We had lead paint on our walls, cribs and highchairs that we constantly had our mouths on. We have worked on and learned every piece of technology imaginable and are still rocking and working on that!

We are balancing having to still work full time no matter what that looks like, we have children in school in some sort of shape or form, worry about aging parents and even older grandparents ( if we are lucky enough to have them still around ) gather food, cook, clean our homes, and try to keep some normalcy to our crazy lives right now. We are tough, and experienced things that the younger generation can't understand. Our plates are BEYOND FULL. We are tired, and need to just move onto the next thing that they universe seems to think we need to conquer. Just give us the darn shots already. What else do we need to do to prove we can handle whatever is thrown our way!!!!! We are generation X....hear us roar :yay: :lmao::rotfl:

I was happy to hear this was happening in Saskatchewan and Alberta. As I'm an Albertan who went out the first day and got our AZ shot. I had wondered in the back of my head if we wouldn't get our second shot sooner, with so many people being hesitant about it.

Bring on my second shot...whether it is another AZ one or bumping it up to one of those fancy other ones :lmao:

Use us for the " experiment" of mixing vaccines. I mean this with the most sincere request!!!!!

HONEY PLEASE..... Generation X had mother's who drank and smoked while pregnant, we raised with hotdogs, kd and tang, We were expected to watch younger siblings at a very unrealistic age, were latchkey kids coming home to watch younger siblings and start dinners and had chore lists written out for us. We had NO carseats, didn't wear seat belts, no bike helmets and rode bikes on gravel roads in flip flops. We had lead paint on our walls, cribs and highchairs that we constantly had our mouths on. We have worked on and learned every piece of technology imaginable and are still rocking and working on that!

We are balancing having to still work full time no matter what that looks like, we have children in school in some sort of shape or form, worry about aging parents and even older grandparents ( if we are lucky enough to have them still around ) gather food, cook, clean our homes, and try to keep some normalcy to our crazy lives right now. We are tough, and experienced things that the younger generation can't understand. Our plates are BEYOND FULL. We are tired, and need to just move onto the next thing that they universe seems to think we need to conquer. Just give us the darn shots already. What else do we need to do to prove we can handle whatever is thrown our way!!!!! We are generation X....hear us roar :yay: :lmao::rotfl:

Love this post

I believe Kenney said at yesterday's press conference that they've stopped giving first doses of AZ in hopes that India is back to manufacturing and shipping AZ by the time we (AB/Canada) need more for second doses.

For those who have been asking about what now regarding 2nd shots at drug stores and will we be lost in the shuffle here's a screenshot of an email i just got from Rexall. It tells me 2 things, yes I am actually in their system as needing my second jab AND they are going to be following up with me when it's time. Now I can just sit back and wait :D

In Montreal tomorrow at Palais des Congres (downtown) it will be the first day it will be open with no appointments necessary. They are trying to target young people who they think would prefer to go at anytime. Hundreds of appointments will be available. On the 20the the drive thru clinic opens with the same thing at the airport. Starting Friday all ages will be open 18 and over. 😀

Do you have an actual appointment? Like with a specific time on that date? Or did they just write that date down on the piece of paper they gave you after the first shot. Myself and many people I know who got their first AZ shot at a pharmacy just got the hand written "date" which was basically a date that happened to be approx. 16 weeks after the first, but they specifically told me it's not an actual appointment but when we could expect to get the second dose by (at or before) but that they would contact us at sometime in the future for an actual appointment depending on the supply went along. They noted that we would be contacted when an actual 2nd shot was available.
I got an appointment with a time on a piece of paper, through text and an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter