I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and down days following the AZ shot. Felt great some days and other days headaches and very tired. Lymph nodes under arms swelled the other day but have started to go down now. Wasn't painful just alarming as hadn't experienced that before. Looks like the vaccine is doing its job. Maybe would have been more concerned if no reaction at all. :confused3

Swollen lymph nodes for women not painful but uncomfortable because of bra. Suppose I could have gone half Lady Godiva but rather not frighten small children and animals. Your giggle for Sunday morning. Welcome :D

I got my shot at a WalMart pharmacy and received the same print-out as @Aladora. Interesting news that confirms the incidence of blood-clotting in Canada is right on par with the findings of international studies siting 1/250,000. There have apparently been 4 cases now reported nation-wide out of about 1.1 million shots given. None have been fatal; so far only one person has required hospitalization:
1st known case of rare blood clot linked to AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine confirmed in Ontario | Globalnews.ca

Apparently the person who is hospitalized is the 2nd case of blood clotting in Ontario, the 5th so far in Canada. The person suffered a stroke but is expected to survive. It is still a rare occurrence getting the blood clot, but I can only imagine how the family feels.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/astrazeneca-vaccine-canada-blood-clot-ontario-1.6000812

Apparently the person who is hospitalized is the 2nd case of blood clotting in Ontario, the 5th so far in Canada. The person suffered a stroke but is expected to survive. It is still a rare occurrence getting the blood clot, but I can only imagine how the family feels.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/astrazeneca-vaccine-canada-blood-clot-ontario-1.6000812
Vaccination with AZ has accelerated exponentially over the past week. It's logical that the side effects will be reported at a consistent rate. I find it sadly ironic that in the article the man's son describes it as an "incredibly unlucky", given that part of his issue is having been misdiagnosed and dismissed by the hospital he was taken to. Very unlucky indeed.

Interesting article about side effects in CP24 stating ...

A study published this week in The Lancet, a medical journal, found 13.5 per cent of people reported side-effects after one dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and 22 per cent reported it after their second dose.

It found a larger number of people -- 37.7 per cent -- reported side-effects after getting their first dose of AstraZeneca.

Headache and fatigue were more common in women and all side-effects were more likely if people had previously been infected with COVID-19.

It also found people younger than 55 were more likely to have side-effects.

https://www.cp24.com/news/the-vacci...n-why-some-people-have-side-effects-1.5406932

Yeah that's why I previously posted about how I felt the day after the shot. Better that people understand that there will be side effects, and it could be stronger than they expect.

It goes without saying that the benefits outweigh the short term discomfort, but man did that day suck, and I do hope that anyone that gets AZ experiences milder effects.

Just heard that starting in a few days our doses of Pfyser will start coming from Michigan. 😋. Hopefully that helps speed things up a bit.

Ooh, that's exciting! Got a source? I'd like to read more!

Last edited:
Ok so technically not me but big kids got his vaccine today 19, so relieved , and so discouraged at the same time at the backlash he’s gotten from my friends and his friends parents with all the “ how did you get it and “ well ive been waiting “ ( replace Ive with my mom dad sister aunt cousin etc )

No one knows others health history or family structure . People need to remember to be kind .

Ok so technically not me but big kids got his vaccine today 19, so relieved , and so discouraged at the same time at the backlash he’s gotten from my friends and his friends parents with all the “ how did you get it and “ well ive been waiting “ ( replace Ive with my mom dad sister aunt cousin etc )

No one knows others health history or family structure . People need to remember to be kind .

I'd just be happy another person got vaccinated and assume they were one of the groups who should be signing up! Wow... glad he's gotten it.

Yeah people should just be happy people are getting vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!