I've been pricing family suites...

mad madam mim78

DIS Veteran
How come they are more expensive than getting two regular rooms? This bothers me. Has anyone been able to price them and get them lower than 2 regular rooms? Right now I'm pricing 2 rooms at All Star Movies (where I'd rather stay) vs 1 room at All Star Music and the 2 rooms are beating the 1 by 300 dollars.

The only downside I see is the fact 2 rooms are not guaranteed to be ajoining. I think we could cope if this happened. However if it were ajoining it would be waaay better than cramming us all into a room with fold outs everywhere. Anyone have a better ideas? Anyone have any stories of booking two rooms vs 1 family suite? I need input!!!:scratchin

How come they are more expensive than getting two regular rooms? This bothers me. Has anyone been able to price them and get them lower than 2 regular rooms? Right now I'm pricing 2 rooms at All Star Movies (where I'd rather stay) vs 1 room at All Star Music and the 2 rooms are beating the 1 by 300 dollars.

The only downside I see is the fact 2 rooms are not guaranteed to be ajoining. I think we could cope if this happened. However if it were ajoining it would be waaay better than cramming us all into a room with fold outs everywhere. Anyone have a better ideas? Anyone have any stories of booking two rooms vs 1 family suite? I need input!!!:scratchin

For one thing, you don't want to request adjoining if you want them to connect. You want to request connecting rooms. Adjoining might mean they are right next to each other with no connecting door.

There's no space for "foldouts all over the floor" in a standard room. It's 260 square feet - about 20*13, including the bathroom/closet area.
As you've already determined, a family suite will absolutely 100% guarantee you will all be in one unit.
The suite gives you a kitchenette. You're also assured of having two bathrooms and two televisions.

There's no space for "foldouts all over the floor" in a standard room. It's 260 square feet - about 20*13, including the bathroom/closet area.
As you've already determined, a family suite will absolutely 100% guarantee you will all be in one unit.
The suite gives you a kitchenette. You're also assured of having two bathrooms and two televisions.

I was talking about in the family SUITES it's basically a one bedroom with a living room. In the living room it has a sofa fold out....a chair fold out...and an ottoman fold out. In the room pictures it looks cramped. We could for cheaper get 2 regular rooms with 4 beds and have plenty of sleeping room and two bathrooms.

I was talking about in the family SUITES it's basically a one bedroom with a living room. In the living room it has a sofa fold out....a chair fold out...and an ottoman fold out. In the room pictures it looks cramped. We could for cheaper get 2 regular rooms with 4 beds and have plenty of sleeping room and two bathrooms.

Yep, you could. You wouldn't have the kitchenette and you wouldn't get any queen sized beds like the family suites have.

It really isn't cramped at all! We did the Family Suite as 3 adults, 2 teens, and 1 child. Plenty of room to move around. And during the day you have more room than you would in a standard room, as you don't have a bed out hogging the space. You have a couch and a chair instead.

Btw, you can get a Family Suite cheaper than 2 rooms. If you are getting 2 preferred rooms, a Family Suite is usually cheaper. If you are getting standard rooms 2 rooms are cheaper. All Family Suites are in the preferred buildings, so it does make sense.

We have done both, and we really prefer the Family Suite over 2 rooms. You are guaranteed to be all together, no worrying about connecting or non-connecting rooms. Plus the bedroom has a queen bed, and you get a kitchenette. With 6 people just having breakfast in the room saved us a bunch of money.

Well, during the day in the family SUITES, the foldouts would be folded into the living room furniture. They'd only be opened up at night while they were being slept on, and possibly first thing in the morning. I don't recall any complaints about lack of floor space in the morning, but you could always fold the furniture back up if it's in your way.

We've found better luck booking through David's Vacation Club Rentals. For our upcoming trip we booked a one bedroom villa through David's and it was much cheaper than 2 individual rooms at a value resort.

We rented through stayatWDW for more room. They are offering specials now that include tickets. I highly recommend checking them out.

It really isn't cramped at all! We did the Family Suite as 3 adults, 2 teens, and 1 child. Plenty of room to move around. And during the day you have more room than you would in a standard room, as you don't have a bed out hogging the space. You have a couch and a chair instead.

Btw, you can get a Family Suite cheaper than 2 rooms. If you are getting 2 preferred rooms, a Family Suite is usually cheaper. If you are getting standard rooms 2 rooms are cheaper. All Family Suites are in the preferred buildings, so it does make sense.

We have done both, and we really prefer the Family Suite over 2 rooms. You are guaranteed to be all together, no worrying about connecting or non-connecting rooms. Plus the bedroom has a queen bed, and you get a kitchenette. With 6 people just having breakfast in the room saved us a bunch of money.
Thanks for this!! Very helpful. It's the pictures I saw but I guess pictures can be deceiving.

you are getting a preferred location so if you are looking at the prices of two rooms without preferred locations, yes it will be cheaper
you do not get a microwave/kitchenette with the two rooms. i loved having that and a sink. i hate using the bathroom sink to clean sippys etc. i loved having my own bedroom and the kids having the LR. If you get two rooms you may not get connected rooms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter