It's the Most Wonderful Time to Wear Ears! A December 2018 PTR *TR LINK 12/28

A Little Bit of RL Mixed with PTR

Wow…it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to update this PTR. Life has been a little bit crazy this summer, but things seem to be settling down now! First things first: a little life update:

Pixie Dust-2.png

I started a blog!
Pixiedustandorangecrush.wordpress.com is going to be a hodge podge of college life, nerdiness, and Disney-related content. I hope you’ll join me on this new adventure!

Anyways…back to this PTR.:thumbsup2

A few weeks ago, the dining packages for the Candlelight Processional became available. My mom and I woke up really early that morning to try and book ours. It was…challenging. The website kept crashing, the wait time on the phone lines was over 2 hours, and we were starting to get concerned. Then, Mom started checking the DIS and found where people had posted a way to sort of “trick” the website. By searching for the dining packages a different way, we were able to get around the streams that were super busy, and we were able to book our dining package! We got a lunch reservation at Coral Reef with reserved seating for the 5:00pm show. :cool1:

Now that official park hours have been released, we actually switched a couple of our days around to take better advantage of EMH and lower crowd levels. So, now, our plans are the following:

Day 1: FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY (Yes, we are starting with a bang!)

Day 2: Rope Drop at Epcot; Coral Reef 1:35pm; Candlelight Processional 5:00pm

Day 3: Rope Drop at MK; MVMCP

Day 4: Sleep in a little; MK for the evening

Day 5: Rope Drop at AK

Day 6: Rope Drop at DHS; 50s Prime Time 1:25pm; potentially hop over to MK for EMH that night

Day 7: Rope Drop at MK; Be Our Guest 1:30pm; Disney Springs

That’s all I have for today! I’m hoping to be a little more disciplined about posting updates here, so thanks for being patient with me. I hope you all have a magical Tuesday!:tinker:

Yas queen lindz returns to her ptr !!

YES!! QUEEN OF BLOGS!! I love the name, "pixie dust and orange crush," and the graphic is just perfect!!

I'm so glad you guys got a CP package!! You're going to love it.

Hello! What a bunch of updates I missed! How exciting you did a May trip with your cousin and that your get free dining for your December trip. We had our dates changed from nov to December but I’m very excited about it. Going to read your blog now!

Yas queen lindz returns to her ptr !!

YES!! QUEEN OF BLOGS!! I love the name, "pixie dust and orange crush," and the graphic is just perfect!!

I'm so glad you guys got a CP package!! You're going to love it.

You're seriously my favorite. :lovestruc

I'm so excited for the CP--it's something that's been on my bucket list for years!

Glad you were able to get your reservations! And you just have to love the dis for help like that!

We were extremely thankful for the DIS that morning, that's for sure!

Yay for starting a blog! :jumping3:

Glad you got your CP package! Your plans are sounding good!

Thank you!!:flower:

Hello! What a bunch of updates I missed! How exciting you did a May trip with your cousin and that your get free dining for your December trip. We had our dates changed from nov to December but I’m very excited about it. Going to read your blog now!

Yay for a December trip of your own! Thank you so much for reading! :D

DOUBLE DIGITS

Hi there, DIS friends! I am very happy to announce that we are officially in the
double digits!!!
97 DAYS to be exact! I'm honestly so beyond excited to be under the 100 mark, and it's kind of crazy how quickly that's happened!

c. 2004
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Things have been a little bit crazy since I got back to school, and I have definitely had a case of the Disney Blues here lately. I've been rewatching some of my favorite Disney vlogs and listening to my Disney Spotify playlist all the time just to put a little bit of Disney in my life.
The biggest update I have as far as this trip goes is that I actually have my exam schedule, and it's...not great. I'm actually supposed to have an exam the morning we're leaving for WDW...

c. 2007

...thankfully my professor seems pretty willing to work with me, so the plan is to be able to take it early. :thumbsup2
We've got a little over a month before our FP date, so that's obviously our next step. Well, that, and working on our Christmas shirt collection. We still haven't bought our MVMCP tickets yet, but none of the parties have sold out yet, and we'll definitely be doing that soon.

c. 2008

Thank you all for being so patient with me as I've tried to write this PTR, and thanks to everyone who has come over to visit my blog pixiedustandorangecrush.wordpress.com! If you drop by my blog, please leave a comment and say hi! I would love to hear from you!

I hope you all have a magical Thursday! See ya real soon!:wave:

Hi there, DIS friends! I am very happy to announce that we are officially in the double digits!!! 97 DAYS to be exact! I'm honestly so beyond excited to be under the 100 mark, and it's kind of crazy how quickly that's happened!
That is always so exciting!!!! It's amazing how fast 100 days will go!

The biggest update I have as far as this trip goes is that I actually have my exam schedule, and it's...not great. I'm actually supposed to have an exam the morning we're leaving for WDW...
Eek!

39625520632_64f5579d4d_z.jpg
Look how little you were!!! So cute!

Aww I love the old photos of you!! So adorable!

Yay for being in the double digits! Thank goodness your professor is willing to work with you and let you take the exam earlier!

Ugh-that’s the worst! So my first year of college was the year Lord of the Rings Return of the King came out. I was (and still am) a big LOTR fan, so definitely wanted to see it. And they announced they would be doing a movie marathon the day before, showing all 3 movies (including the extended editions in theatres for the first time). Of course I had to buy a ticket! Then my exam schedule came out and my hardest exam was the next morning! I still went to the movie marathon, just brought my textbook to study before the movie and in the breaks. Somehow I still passed that class!

You're getting close now!!

I can't believe how close it is, and I am beyond excited!

200w.gif

That is always so exciting!!!! It's amazing how fast 100 days will go!

It's going to fly by, especially with my classes and everything!

My thoughts exactly.

200.gif

Look how little you were!!! So cute!

Awww thank you! It's no wonder people thought I was in kindergarten until like fifth grade! :laughing:

Aww I love the old photos of you!! So adorable!

Yay for being in the double digits! Thank goodness your professor is willing to work with you and let you take the exam earlier!

Thank you so much!

Yes, I was VERY relieved. I'm also finding out that a lot of my finals are actually papers that I'll turn in online, which will also help tremendously!

Ugh-that’s the worst! So my first year of college was the year Lord of the Rings Return of the King came out. I was (and still am) a big LOTR fan, so definitely wanted to see it. And they announced they would be doing a movie marathon the day before, showing all 3 movies (including the extended editions in theatres for the first time). Of course I had to buy a ticket! Then my exam schedule came out and my hardest exam was the next morning! I still went to the movie marathon, just brought my textbook to study before the movie and in the breaks. Somehow I still passed that class!

My friends and I did the same thing with the midnight premiere of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows....and I think Mockingjay? :scratchin We were crazy!

Hi hun!! I'm so happy to hear that your professor is willing to work with you! I'm hoping for more good news soon!

I can't wait to see this Christmas shirt collection!!

I had the same problem. It will work to your advantage as you get older. Trust me!

That's what I hear, but right now.....

Hi hun!! I'm so happy to hear that your professor is willing to work with you! I'm hoping for more good news soon!

I can't wait to see this Christmas shirt collection!!

HI!! :flower1: I was so relieved that she's willing to work with me. Nothing concrete yet, but we're barely past midterms at this point.

ME TOO! We've ordered shirts and are now just waiting. :D

Fast Passes!

Hello there, DIS friends! I am once again apologizing for my extended absence, but I bring fun news!! This past weekend, my mom and I got up verrryyy early to book our fast passes!! We are officially
54 days away from our Christmas adventure!!

Naturally, before we could book our FPs, we of course had to change some of our plans. This included canceling one dining reservation and adding another, along with several phone calls to Disney.

c. 2007

After realizing that there was a Toy Story EMM at DHS on the day we planned to be there, we decided that we should flip a couple of days around. This meant that we ended up cancelling our 50s Prime Time ADR (which we had been debating anyway). We also booked an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern, which is a new one for us. We also (finally) bought our MVMCP tickets! So, with all of those changes made, we were ready to book our FPs! :cool1:

c. 2007

We were honestly so shocked by how easy it was to get the FPs we wanted. We really had no problems and are so happy with what we got!

Day 1
Star Tours 12:30-1:30
TSM 2:10-3:10
VotLM 3:10-3:25

Day 2
Spaceship Earth 11:15-12:15
Nemo 12:20-1:20
Test Track 3:10-4:10

Day 3
BTMRR 1:10-2:10
7DMT 3:25-4:25
Space 5:20-6:00

Day 4
Haunted Mansion 12:30-1:30
BTMRR 2:50-3:50
7DMT 6:10-7:10

Day 5
SLINKY DOG!! 1:35-2:35
ToT (for Dad) 4:00-5:00
B&B Live (for me & Mom) 3:30-3:50
Frozen Sing Along 5:00-5:15

Day 6
Kilimanjaro Safari 12:45-1:45
FLIGHT OF PASSAGE!! 2:15-3:15
Rivers of Light (5:35-6:00)

Day 7
Jungle Cruise 11:50-12:50
Space 3:55-4:55
BTMRR 5:05-6:00

Now that we have our FPs taken care of, I’ll try to be more dedicated about posting our actual plans for each day. We’ve also ordered some shirts, and we’re just waiting on them to arrive. :thumbsup2

That’s all as far as our FPs are concerned. Have a great weekend! :tink:

Days 0-2

Day 0 - Travel Day

We’re planning to leave our house REALLY early. We have about a 9-10 hour drive, so we don’t want to be getting there at like 1am. If we leave at like 4:00am, we’ll get to CSR hopefully by like 3:00 or so (with the time change). We’ll check into CSR, get unpacked and settled, and then we’ll probably head to Disney Springs for dinner. We want to get down there early enough that we’ll be able to go to bed pretty early, so we’ll be nice and rested for our first day!

Day 1 - Four Parks in One Day!

This first day is going to start veryearly. We’ll be headed to MK for morning EMH starting at 7am. Our goal in each park is to 1) take a picture with the park icon, 2) ride a headliner, 3) eat a snack/meal of some kind, and 4) do whatever has the shortest wait time (within reason). We’ll start in MK,

MK_PARTLEFT_20180510_411450839543

then walk to the Contemporary to take a bus to AK.

AK_TRPLAZA_20170603_8049945856

After AK, we’ll take a bus to DHS.

1455093_784787421567140_6116414050022698364_n

We have FPs for Star Tours (that we may not actually be able to use), TSM, and VotLM. Then, to wrap up the day, we’ll walk/take a boat to Epcot.

fullsizeoutput_1245

We’re hoping to finish off of the day with Illuminations!

Day 2 - Epcot

We’ll be up again for rope drop this morning and headed back to Epcot! We’ll probably rope drop Soarin’, and we have FPs for Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo.

DSCN1717(rev 0)

We also have a 1:35pm lunch reservation at Coral Reef as part of our Candlelight Processional Dining Package. Our seats are for the 5pm show, and we’re so excited! If, for some reason, we don’t see Illuminations the night before, we’ll stay for that, but otherwise we’ll be headed back to the hotel for an early night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!