It's our "Last" Trip to WDW, so we're going DELUXE! *We're Back After 11 Days in WDW*

Loved the pictures of your little side trip! Definitely a far cry from any sort of side trip we could do from here. ;) I'd love to get to Canada one of these days. My husband and I almost took our honeymoon there but instead bought a house and stayed local.

Have a great time in Atlanta! I'm working on taking a trip there soon to take Samantha to the American Girl store there. I'd rather go to the bigger store in NYC but Atlanta is more realistic at this point. Love all the Target shoes! Sam used to have those glittery ones. Just got back from Target myself actually, one of my favorite places! :)

Loved your last update! Your "Spring Break" trip sounds like fun!

My daughter's both have those 2nd pair of silver shoes from Target. They wear them all the time to church!

You are getting closer and closer now! Not too much longer! :dance3:

Sara

I was just saying that my daughter needs some non-sneaker shoes because she's outgrowing the ones she has. Those Target ones are awesome!!!

Definitely can't go wrong with the prices! And they actually get some good reviews too!;)

I agree DD seems to be on her way to an AG love affair :scared2 Cute shoes!! Never have seen those little socks before for little girls. I may have to get some for my DD. Of course, she will live in her Keens for the most part while we are there but she will have her flip flops, sandals and perhaps another "princess" pair if needed.

Is that all the shopping you have left to do? ;)

Yes, the AG bug is almost as bad a Disney!:laughing:

Sounds like your daughter's shoe closet is as large as ours - LOL!

I have a couple of odds and ends to pick up before the trip, but mostly I am done. Or at least I will be done by the end of my shopping trip this week!;)

It looks like you had a fun Spring Break trip this weekend! And I am caught up on your PTR. Our younger DD and her best friend will be there your last weekend too. I think it is a perfect week for you all to take your final WDW trip. ;)

Thanks for joining in!:goodvibes Yes, we love May. We missed last May as we were in Cuba for my parent's 40th Anniversary. But happy to be back! Low crowds and flower and garden - can't go wrong!:)

Forgive me if I sound dense...is it super expensive to ship to Canada? I was confused by the comments about shipping to hotels :confused3

Many places, including Target, don't ship to Canada, so it is not an option for us. We still don't have Target here. And whenever we do ship, we typically pay 25-35% extra in duties and taxes. On top of that, shipping costs are about double to ship Stateside.:sad2:

Loved the pictures of your little side trip! Definitely a far cry from any sort of side trip we could do from here. ;) I'd love to get to Canada one of these days. My husband and I almost took our honeymoon there but instead bought a house and stayed local.

Have a great time in Atlanta! I'm working on taking a trip there soon to take Samantha to the American Girl store there. I'd rather go to the bigger store in NYC but Atlanta is more realistic at this point. Love all the Target shoes! Sam used to have those glittery ones. Just got back from Target myself actually, one of my favorite places! :)

Yes, I suppose our weekend in the snow was very different from yours!:laughing:

You are lucky you are relatively close to the Atlanta store. I was actually at the Atlanta AG Store the week it opened. It is a great store! I also love the one at Farmers Grove in LA. Not so much because the store is any better, but just because of the location. I love the Grove! Katie has yet to set foot in an AG store, but we are planning to take her to the NY store in December or next April for her 8th Birthday.

I don't have too much experience with Target, but I love the deal I scored on those shoes! I know people rave about Target...so wish they would expand into Canada. I really hope the shoes work out for us!

Loved your last update! Your "Spring Break" trip sounds like fun!

My daughter's both have those 2nd pair of silver shoes from Target. They wear them all the time to church!

Thanks!

Glad to hear those shoes are working out for you. Hopefully we can get some wear out of them over the Summer and Fall as well!:)

We live very close to the AG store in NYC but I think my daughter is still too young. Maybe another few years??? December is a fun but expensive time in NYC. I love NY in December (which is why we got married in NYC in December!).

Amanda

We live very close to the AG store in NYC but I think my daughter is still too young. Maybe another few years??? December is a fun but expensive time in NYC. I love NY in December (which is why we got married in NYC in December!).

I hear ya about NY in December. I priced it out the last two years and decided to take a pass both years.:rotfl: But I just keep coming back to it, and DH is now on board too. So we just might go this year. Or next year for sure. We'll see....

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

WDW-Mar2009256.jpg

Love the picture! My son Patrick has a summer birthday so instead of picking a random day in May to recognize his birthday at school, we bring treats for St Patrick's Day (when we have school, it hits spring break about 1/2 the time) so we have green frosted cupcakes waiting to share today! :shamrock:

Great pic! My kids are all dressed in green but schools are still closed because of the weekend storm...

Amanda

Sorry for the delay in responding...after getting back from Atlanta, things have been on high speed here. Great being in Atlanta again, but it was kinda funny that we initially left warmer temperatures at home!:eek: Gladly things warmed up before we left!:goodvibes

Love the picture!

Great pic!

great picture--TFS!

What a cute picture! I love it.

Thanks! That was us on St. Patrick's Day last year!:goodvibes

Raglan Road - one of my favorites! :thumbsup2

Mine too!;)

Hosting Katie's 7th Birthday Party...Just Days before the Trip!

Without a doubt, the most challenging item on my pre-trip "To Do" List will be hosting Katie's 7th Birthday Party. Since she turns 7 the day before we leave for Florida, the Party will be held the weekend before our trip.

One of the things I love about being a Mom (in addition to being able to bring my kids to WDW) is hosting Birthday Parties! I love all the planning, preparing and hosting. I look forward to them every year.

Last year for Katie's 6th Birthday, we did a Tea Party theme:

For Declan's 4th Birthday, we chose a Jungle Monkey theme:

The year before, the kids each had Disney themes. Katie's was Ariel, Little Mermaid:

Declan's was Cars:

But as much as I love throwing fun Birthday Parties for my kids, there is no denying that it involves A LOT of work!!! And no matter how early I start preparing for our trip, I know that there will be a million things to do the last weekend before we leave. Adding a 7th Birthday Party to the mix will certainly be stressful.

So, I have come up with a plan. This year, I decided that we will be taking Katie and her friends to a local theatre for a showing of the new Disney Oceans film. The theatre provides a party room, lunch, snacks, and even the cake. All I have to bring is the goody bags. Sounds good, right?

Well....I still have some hesitation. Part of me loves the "no mess, no hassle" associated with the theatre party. But there is another side of me that will likely regret not hosting the party. Pretty soon my kids are not going to want the themed parties I enjoy planning and hosting for them...so I know I should enjoy them while I can! Also, I am concerned that the film itself may not be entertaining enough for the kids. While both of my kids loved Earth, the first Disney film in this series, I appreciate that this film may not be for everyone. Some kids may be disappointed or bored since it is not an animated feature.

However, all things considered, I think I am going to stick to the theatre party this year. I have gone back and forth on it a million times, but convenience keeps me coming back to the theatre.

oceans_MPL.jpg

So, Oceans it is! Just look out for the 8th Birthday Party next year, because I will have a lot of guilt to make up for!:rotfl:

All I can say is, "Wanna come over and plan my kids' birthday parties, too????" Please?????

Amanda

The cakes and cookies are adorable. I know what you mean about hosting parties. When my kids were young I did the same thing. One year for my son, we did a pirate party complete with pirate hats, eye patches, and treasure maps for a treasure hunt. My baby just turned 23. She didn't want a party or jewelry, or a shopping trip, she wanted a sleeping bag and a back pack for an up comming hiking trip. Where did my girly girl go?:confused3

All I can say is, "Wanna come over and plan my kids' birthday parties, too????" Please?????

LOL! In my next life, I would love to be a party planner. With unlimited budgets!:rotfl:

The cakes and cookies are adorable. I know what you mean about hosting parties. When my kids were young I did the same thing. One year for my son, we did a pirate party complete with pirate hats, eye patches, and treasure maps for a treasure hunt. My baby just turned 23. She didn't want a party or jewelry, or a shopping trip, she wanted a sleeping bag and a back pack for an up comming hiking trip. Where did my girly girl go?:confused3

OK - now you have me rethinking things again! LOL! Nope...I am sticking with easy this year!

Funny you should mention pirates though...for my son's Birthday the last weekend in June I am torn between having a pirate party or going to see Toy Story 3. I will decide depending on how things go for Katie's Birthday and how much I miss all the party prepping and planning.;)

The hosted parties are fun but you know, the older ones, where they pick just a couple "best" friends and you do something a little more special, are just as neat in their own way.

The movie party will be wonderful. Did you make those cakes? Especially the tea party and jungle. WOW!

Sounds like the perfect solution for your DD's birthday party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter