It's official (kind of)

mmacg78

Earning My Ears
We will be heading to Disney World in June of 2013 for an extended trip. At least a week at the Floridian (my mom is putting this part of the trip together for her 60th birthday) and then we may have friends meet us down there for another 3-5 days most likely in a value resort (since we will be paying for that part of the trip). :)

How early do you usually start planning these trips?

We will be heading to Disney World in June of 2013 for an extended trip. At least a week at the Floridian (my mom is putting this part of the trip together for her 60th birthday) and then we may have friends meet us down there for another 3-5 days most likely in a value resort (since we will be paying for that part of the trip). :)

How early do you usually start planning these trips?

awesome!!! Congrats!!! :cool1:

We usually start planning as soon as we know when the next trip will be! I usually read up on the different events that time of year when we're far out, and begin to look at dining options the month or so before we can first book advanced dining reservations(190 days out when you're staying on site I believe). There are some fun site outside of the Disboards to read up and plan your trip. We like Touringplans.com and TourguideMike's for park calendars, and MouseSavers.com is an awesome resource too....

Sounds like a great trip!

I start planning our next trip about three days before the end of the one we're on! I like to start re-examining our trip and see what the highlights were and what we've missed. I like to plant the seed in my kids' minds about any rides they were too small or too young to go on or any that were down for refurbishment, it gives them something to look forward to too.

Originally, we were planning a '12 trip, but we've put it off to '13 when some of the kids' cousins will be old enough to really enjoy it. That's caused some rethinking on my part about what to see, but that's part of the enjoyment. There's some days when thinking about/planning our next trip is the only thing that gets me smiling, and that's part of the magic :cloud9:

Sounds like a great trip!

I start planning our next trip about three days before the end of the one we're on! I like to start re-examining our trip and see what the highlights were and what we've missed. I like to plant the seed in my kids' minds about any rides they were too small or too young to go on or any that were down for refurbishment, it gives them something to look forward to too.

Originally, we were planning a '12 trip, but we've put it off to '13 when some of the kids' cousins will be old enough to really enjoy it. That's caused some rethinking on my part about what to see, but that's part of the enjoyment. There's some days when thinking about/planning our next trip is the only thing that gets me smiling, and that's part of the magic :cloud9:

AMEN!!!!
We are planning our next family trip for 13 as well. We want the addtions to be complete before we go. Hopefully by then I will have my own CLIA (travel agent ID) so we can stay at the treehouses super cheap. We start planning as soon as the current one is over. It helps me go to work everyday. If I dont have a goal or purpose like this to work towards then work is...well, work!

Does anyone ever stop planning?

We are local and I'm constantly planning a trip to the parks. Our next visit is over Labor Day when BIL is coming up to stay with us for a few days and hit MK, of course, I added on the Wishes Dessert Party. Then we've got my daughters birthday at EPCOT, starting off with breakfast at Grand Floridian. I try to add at least one 'extra' experience in order to keep the magic alive.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter