It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post something happy that has nothing to do with AKL! :rotfl:

As you all probably know, our younger DD lives in the same town we do. She was a theater performance major in college and discovered that a recession is not the best time to enter the arts as a profession. Well, to be quite honest, when is?!?!? Anyway, after graduation 4 years ago she came home for a few months and found a job at our bank here in town. She discovered she has really enjoyed this and has decided to stick with it for a while. But, we all knew that she needed to spread her wings. The time has come!

She and her room mate found an apartment in Alexandria (one hour north of us) and started applying for jobs in the area. As of Wednesday they are both gainfully employed in their chosen areas and they pick up the keys for their new apartment today. :yay: They have 10 days to vacate the apartment here in F'burg so we are going to take a few car loads of things up over the next couple of weekends and that will leave them with just one smallish truckload of big things to move on the 31st.

I have tapped a couple of my HS students who are brawny and not working this summer to help with the load in from this end. I think they ought to be able to handle finding someone to help on the north end of the move too. At least I hope they can because I will be teaching that day and cannot help! :eek:

So, today I get to see the apartment. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment. And tomorrow night we are going to see "Batman." Big weekend here! :goodvibes

Congrats to your daughter!

Hi! Super excited cause just got my ME for August! :).
We are looking forward to our first stay at AKL!
We aren't staying CL though. What other fun things do they have for us to do besides watching animals?
So far I know we've gotta try zebra domes -they sound yum!
Any other suggestions?

:dance3: Very exciting! They have a huge list of everything available when you check in. Things like cookie making, story telling by the fire pit, Cultural Safari told by the CMs about their countries, night vision goggles, a music dance/line for the kids every evening. Lots of other things, but I just can't think of them right now. There's really too much to do on one trip, which is a wonderful excuse to go back :)

Thanks for the welcome.
I am curious about activities at the resort. Seems like there are many fun things to do. I want to be sure to make time. Does the resort have a list when I check in?

Also, confused about pools- the pool by AKL Jambo has the shorter slide in bigger pool? The Villas pool is smaller with longer slide and water play area? Is this correct. How long walk between those?

I am requesting a 3/4 floor room in Giraffe trail (we have pool view) so I am closer to buses as well as poo. I know I wont see animals on way to room but aside, is this req. ok? Is there a better suggestion before I do that? Zebra looks far and we will come from park to room, change, to pool, back to room, change and bus/parks evening.

Oh yes, they'll give you a list of everything available when you check in. You are correct about the pools. The walk is about ten minutes between them, but you can always take the complimentary shuttle bus.

There are plenty of other viewing opportunities throughout the resort. On the room request, if you request a Zebra Trail room you would have the viewing windows on the way to your room. It's not that much farther to walk, and you would have to be in the first two pods to have the pool view. It's totally a personal preference, Giraffe Trail would be closer coming back from the parks.

So excited to be checking in at AKL 9/15-9/20. This has always been one of my dream resorts and we got such a great deal, we are going to celebrate our anniversary! We plan to spend most of the time relaxing at the resort this trip and only 2 days at the parks (including MNSSHP). Can't wait! Thanks so much for all the great pictures. I'm getting even more excited reading through the threads.

So excited to be checking in at AKL 9/15-9/20. This has always been one of my dream resorts and we got such a great deal, we are going to celebrate our anniversary! We plan to spend most of the time relaxing at the resort this trip and only 2 days at the parks (including MNSSHP). Can't wait! Thanks so much for all the great pictures. I'm getting even more excited reading through the threads.

Congrats on your trip and I have added you to the list!

What exactly are zebra domes? Our first stay is in 2 1/2 weeks!!

These are a thin layer of yellow cake topped with a milk chocolate mousse, and the top is swirled to loosely resemble the stripes of a zebra. The Chocolate Mousse Crunch is my favorite by far. These have a chocolate and nut base, with dark chocolate mousse on top. There was a hint of some liqueur in the mousse, but not enough to create an alcohol taste. They are very rich and worth every calorie.

Congratulations! It's a fabulous place, glad you were able to find a deal :)

:cool1: so I'm guessing you are assigned a time you get to contact home? How often? That would probably frustrate me to no end.

No it's just with the time difference and that my DH is active duty also and my DD is in daycare from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm I only get to talk to them via skype on the weekends.

The-Christmas-Lodge.jpg

...you're going to really love the decorations!

okay so didn't have a chance to look through every page to see if anyone else noticed the pair of eerie transparent ppl next to the guy sitting in the chair. I am sure it's just a weird thing that happened with the camera, but they look like ghosts lol

Hi everyone, I had a great day today :). I got to talk to DD, she sure is a chatty cathy and super cute. I was going to try and upload a picture but photobucket is being super slow because everyone is on the internet right now.

I also did something really crazy today :lmao::lmao:. I signed up for the Army 10 miler, we are running it on camp on August 7th, I also signed up for the disney half marahton on the 12th of Jan. ehh those are the longest runs I have ever done.

okay so didn't have a chance to look through every page to see if anyone else noticed the pair of eerie transparent ppl next to the guy sitting in the chair. I am sure it's just a weird thing that happened with the camera, but they look like ghosts lol

The picture was taken to capture as much light from the tree as possible which required that the shutter be open for a long time. The people in the picture if they had sat or stood still would have been there the as "whole" person, but by moving they became blurred images.

good catch on seeing it..

Just to bring some closure, I wanted to let everyone know that my Uncle is now at rest and I feel at peace, knowing that he is no longer suffering. Thank you all for being such great friends. I truly appreciate it.

I am worried about my father, he is a strong man but feels deeply for his little brother, they have grown very closer over the past couple of years. and he is taking it very hard.

My Dad had cancer a couple of years ago, and was able to find it very early, treat and has been in remission since, is younger brother, did not know he had cancer until it was almost too late, and they tried everything even experimental treatments, and his older sister has been battling cancer for two years now and also has never been in remission. All three of them have had different forms and responded differently that each other.

I think it is just so close to home, know that all three siblings have/had a form of cancer.

Just to bring some closure, I wanted to let everyone know that my Uncle is not at rest and I feel at peace, knowing that he is no longer suffering. Thank you all for being such great friends. I truly appreciate it.

I am worried about my father, he is a strong man but feels deeply for his little brother, they have grown very closer over the past couple of years. and he is taking it very hard.

My Dad had cancer a couple of years ago, and was able to find it very early, treat and has been in remission since, is younger brother, did not know he had cancer until it was almost too late, and they tried everything even experimental treatments, and his older sister has been battling cancer for two years now and also has never been in remission. All three of them have had different forms and responded differently that each other.

I think it is just so close to home, know that all three siblings have/had a form of cancer.

:hug:

I wanted to post something happy that has nothing to do with AKL! :rotfl:

As you all probably know, our younger DD lives in the same town we do. She was a theater performance major in college and discovered that a recession is not the best time to enter the arts as a profession. Well, to be quite honest, when is?!?!? Anyway, after graduation 4 years ago she came home for a few months and found a job at our bank here in town. She discovered she has really enjoyed this and has decided to stick with it for a while. But, we all knew that she needed to spread her wings. The time has come!

She and her room mate found an apartment in Alexandria (one hour north of us) and started applying for jobs in the area. As of Wednesday they are both gainfully employed in their chosen areas and they pick up the keys for their new apartment today. :yay: They have 10 days to vacate the apartment here in F'burg so we are going to take a few car loads of things up over the next couple of weekends and that will leave them with just one smallish truckload of big things to move on the 31st.

I have tapped a couple of my HS students who are brawny and not working this summer to help with the load in from this end. I think they ought to be able to handle finding someone to help on the north end of the move too. At least I hope they can because I will be teaching that day and cannot help! :eek:

So, today I get to see the apartment. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment. And tomorrow night we are going to see "Batman." Big weekend here! :goodvibes

Congratulations to your daughter and her friend. I hope that the move will go smoothly and that they enjoy the new apartments and their new jobs.

Corinna

Elin,

Congrats to Kristin and Ashley. :woohoo: An exciting new chapter in their lives (yet not to terribly far from home! ;))

Brandi,

I can certainly understand your father having a difficult time. You're a good daughter - you'll make sure he gets through this OK. :hug:

No it's just with the time difference and that my DH is active duty also and my DD is in daycare from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm I only get to talk to them via skype on the weekends.

Ahhh, much more sense. I thought they were restricting contact which wouldn't be good for morale.

I hope the run goes well :)

Hi guys I just found you :yay: I was afraid there wasn't a thread. The boards have been so busy today I look earlier and saw nothing about AKL lite thread. Guess it had dropped back beyond page three. Thank you Pam for posting a little while ago.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have been super busy the last three days helping a friend put together everything for a BIG party tonight. Her DD is graduating from nursing school with her RN. :cheer2: There will be 75 guests :)
it should be a blast and there is certainly a lot of good food.

I will be back to read the thread and catch up. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. :grouphug:

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter