It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alison, I am SO SO SO sorry to hear this news - my thoughts and prayers are with You and Fran. We are all here for you. Hugs my friend :hug:

Thank you Wendy. It's just so sad and today her granddaughter just had a baby boy.

Also, I haven't seen her post this yet.......... and I'm hoping she doesn't mind me doing so.... but Brandi lost her uncle today. So, sending her and her family many prayers, good wishes and love today. Hugs my sweet friend, I'm thinking of you. We're all here for you!!!

Brandi umm so sorry for your loss, at least he is no longer in pain.

Alison - I am so sorry that Arline is not going to get to see WDW through your eyes. Best thoughts for all of you, my friend. :hug:

:hug:

Thank you dear, this made me cry when I read it... I love you guys so much....

Thank you, you know we are here for you. If there is anything I can do let me know.

I want to join in but first express my deepest sympathy for the losses and hard times for fellow disers.

I am heading to AKL on 8/5-8/11 after 2 nights at All Stars Music. I had trouble finding a AKL thread but glad to find you all. I am so excited, AKL has been my dream resort. We had not planned to return to WDW this year but got some pixie dust and here we are! thanks everyone for great info.

Yay! A happy post! You will have such a great time! Jambo!

Morning/afternoon everyone, I hope that today brings a better day to everyone whom has lost someone this week. I am sorry for your losses.

Today is a good day I get to talk to DD today. :cool1: I am super duper excited. Today is also one week until I am half way through my tour in Afghanistan, and closer to Disney world.

Looking over the dates I do not think that I ever gave you my dates that I will be in disney world, I will be club level from Jan. 7th to the 13th.

Brandi and Alison- I'm so very sorry for your losses this week. Please let me know if I can do anything. It's so tough to lose someone we love.:hug:

...you are so welcome...and don't be such a stranger! :flower3:

I know, I must be better about not disappearing for weeks at a time. Although no promises for the next couple of weeks at least.

Today is a good day I get to talk to DD today. :cool1: I am super duper excited. Today is also one week until I am half way through my tour in Afghanistan, and closer to Disney world.

:cool1: so I'm guessing you are assigned a time you get to contact home? How often? That would probably frustrate me to no end.

Hi! Super excited cause just got my ME for August! :).
We are looking forward to our first stay at AKL!
We aren't staying CL though. What other fun things do they have for us to do besides watching animals?
So far I know we've gotta try zebra domes -they sound yum!
Any other suggestions?

:welcome: Glad you found us! :thumbsup2 Congrats on your upcoming trip and :woohoo: that you will be at AKL!!! Have a wonderful time!

We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. :goodvibes
Thanks for the welcome.
I am curious about activities at the resort. Seems like there are many fun things to do. I want to be sure to make time. Does the resort have a list when I check in?

Also, confused about pools- the pool by AKL Jambo has the shorter slide in bigger pool? The Villas pool is smaller with longer slide and water play area? Is this correct. How long walk between those?

I am requesting a 3/4 floor room in Giraffe trail (we have pool view) so I am closer to buses as well as poo. I know I wont see animals on way to room but aside, is this req. ok? Is there a better suggestion before I do that? Zebra looks far and we will come from park to room, change, to pool, back to room, change and bus/parks evening.

I wanted to post something happy that has nothing to do with AKL! :rotfl:

As you all probably know, our younger DD lives in the same town we do. She was a theater performance major in college and discovered that a recession is not the best time to enter the arts as a profession. Well, to be quite honest, when is?!?!? Anyway, after graduation 4 years ago she came home for a few months and found a job at our bank here in town. She discovered she has really enjoyed this and has decided to stick with it for a while. But, we all knew that she needed to spread her wings. The time has come!

She and her room mate found an apartment in Alexandria (one hour north of us) and started applying for jobs in the area. As of Wednesday they are both gainfully employed in their chosen areas and they pick up the keys for their new apartment today. :yay: They have 10 days to vacate the apartment here in F'burg so we are going to take a few car loads of things up over the next couple of weekends and that will leave them with just one smallish truckload of big things to move on the 31st.

I have tapped a couple of my HS students who are brawny and not working this summer to help with the load in from this end. I think they ought to be able to handle finding someone to help on the north end of the move too. At least I hope they can because I will be teaching that day and cannot help! :eek:

So, today I get to see the apartment. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment. And tomorrow night we are going to see "Batman." Big weekend here! :goodvibes

I want to join in but first express my deepest sympathy for the losses and hard times for fellow disers.

I am heading to AKL on 8/5-8/11 after 2 nights at All Stars Music. I had trouble finding a AKL thread but glad to find you all. I am so excited, AKL has been my dream resort. We had not planned to return to WDW this year but got some pixie dust and here we are! thanks everyone for great info.

I have added you to the list and congrats on your upcoming trip.

Please ask all your questions, we all love the resort and will try to help.

Morning/afternoon everyone, I hope that today brings a better day to everyone whom has lost someone this week. I am sorry for your losses.

Looking over the dates I do not think that I ever gave you my dates that I will be in disney world, I will be club level from Jan. 7th to the 13th.

Hope you had a wonderful talk with DD and thanks again for all that you do...

I have added you to the list!

Thanks for the welcome.
I am curious about activities at the resort. Seems like there are many fun things to do. I want to be sure to make time. Does the resort have a list when I check in?

Also, confused about pools- the pool by AKL Jambo has the shorter slide in bigger pool? The Villas pool is smaller with longer slide and water play area? Is this correct. How long walk between those?

I am requesting a 3/4 floor room in Giraffe trail (we have pool view) so I am closer to buses as well as poo. I know I wont see animals on way to room but aside, is this req. ok? Is there a better suggestion before I do that? Zebra looks far and we will come from park to room, change, to pool, back to room, change and bus/parks evening.

Are you sure?:rolleyes:

As you all probably know, our younger DD lives in the same town we do. She was a theater performance major in college and discovered that a recession is not the best time to enter the arts as a profession. Well, to be quite honest, when is?!?!? Anyway, after graduation 4 years ago she came home for a few months and found a job at our bank here in town. She discovered she has really enjoyed this and has decided to stick with it for a while. But, we all knew that she needed to spread her wings. The time has come!

She and her room mate found an apartment in Alexandria (one hour north of us) and started applying for jobs in the area. As of Wednesday they are both gainfully employed in their chosen areas and they pick up the keys for their new apartment today. :yay: They have 10 days to vacate the apartment here in F'burg so we are going to take a few car loads of things up over the next couple of weekends and that will leave them with just one smallish truckload of big things to move on the 31st.

I have tapped a couple of my HS students who are brawny and not working this summer to help with the load in from this end. I think they ought to be able to handle finding someone to help on the north end of the move too. At least I hope they can because I will be teaching that day and cannot help! :eek:

So, today I get to see the apartment. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment. And tomorrow night we are going to see "Batman." Big weekend here! :goodvibes

Elin, that is wonderful news... I know you will miss her not being right there but it a great feeling when they spread their wings! :hug:

We were going to do a Split stay with AMS 1 night and AKL Kidani savanna studio 5 nights but I was concerned about switching resorts. I just changed our first night to AKL standard. I have been told it will be easier and that Disney will take care of moving our luggage. We will be there 8/23-8/29. So excited.

Elin, that is great news for your DD. I wish the girls the best in their new jobs and apartment. :goodvibes

Enjoy your weekend and the movie! popcorn::

We were going to do a Split stay with AMS 1 night and AKL Kidani savanna studio 5 nights but I was concerned about switching resorts. I just changed our first night to AKL standard. I have been told it will be easier and that Disney will take care of moving our luggage. We will be there 8/23-8/29. So excited.

Congrats and I have added you to the list!

Yes, they will take care of moving it for you, you must pack everything up, call bell services, and they will keep it until you call them from the next room and they will bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter