It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering staying at AKL on our next Disney trip for a few days. My DD is an anmial lover & I think she would love to stay there. I thought I read somewhere here or on Touring plans about a guided behind the scenes safari only available to guests that stay at AKL which also included dinner at one of the AKL restaurants. Can anyone tell me if this is still offered or if they have done it and would recommend it? This looks like a great thread and I am looking forward to reading it all!:)

I am considering staying at AKL on our next Disney trip for a few days. My DD is an anmial lover & I think she would love to stay there. I thought I read somewhere here or on Touring plans about a guided behind the scenes safari only available to guests that stay at AKL which also included dinner at one of the AKL restaurants. Can anyone tell me if this is still offered or if they have done it and would recommend it? This looks like a great thread and I am looking forward to reading it all!:)

....you will not be disappointed with AKL....yes, there is an evening safari, called the Sunset Safari, and it takes place on the grounds of AKL, not at AK, like the Sunrise Safari - it is a bit pricey though....

jambo-house-sign.jpg

....you will not be disappointed with AKL....yes, there is an evening safari, called the Sunset Safari, and it takes place on the grounds of AKL, not at AK, like the Sunrise Safari - it is a bit pricey though....

Have you gone on either and of the two which one would you recommend? I want to do something a little bit different on this trip that we haven't done but only if it is really an experience that can't be done on your own in the park.

Have you gone on either and of the two which one would you recommend? I want to do something a little bit different on this trip that we haven't done but only if it is really an experience that can't be done on your own in the park.

I have gone on the Sunrise and it was amazing....

You can see pictures in my TR look in my siggie..

I have gone on the Sunrise and it was amazing....

You can see pictures in my TR look in my siggie..

I went on the sunset in November and oh my... so fun! The guide was very knowledgeable and could answer every question I threw at him and did so very candidly (I volunteer at our zoo so I think my questions were a little hard but maybe not, lol!). It is a small group and you do have to eat with them for the dinner at Boma afterwards but everything they served us was SO good it was very worth it! They include the pictures they take on your photopass (which is NOT included in the price just FYI) and can take some with your camera too. We went into all three areas and I got to honk a bicycle horn to bring the pigs in for the night (so cute!!). It IS spendy, but with dinner and snacks/beverages beforehand I felt it was well worth the price.

I believe you're referring to the Sunset ("Wanyama") Safari. It is only available to AKL guests 9 and older. Cost is $190/per person and includes dinner at Jiko with the small group (12 maximum, I believe). We've done it twice and it's a great experience.

The Sunrise Safari (available for all ages) is only open for guests staying AKL Club Level. That safari is an early morning ride on Kilimanjaro Safari (before the park has opened) and a wonderful breakfast in a private room at Piizzafari. Sunrise is only on Sunday & Thursday mornings.

There is a tour anyone can do at Animal Kingdom (whether staying at WDW or not), called Wild Africa Trek -- that was a lot of fun. I did it when it was first introduced. Current cost is $189/per person. I don't remember the age limit on that. Animal lovers would definitely enjoy it! :thumbsup2

I've done both the Sunrise and the Sunset. Both are great. As Laura said, one is only open to CL guests, the other is a little more pricey but any resort guest can do it.

Two weeks from today I am doing the Nighttime safari with the night vision glasses.

Of the Sunrise and Sunset, I prefer the Sunset only because it is a smaller group and you get more interaction with the guide. The dinner at Jiko afterwards is great.

...I've done the Sunrise Safari and it was really awesome...we got to enter AK through the 'back way'. Also, you spend way more time on the safari and you also get to see, not only more animals, but CM's 'in the field'....

...There is a tour anyone can do at Animal Kingdom (whether staying at WDW or not), called Wild Africa Trek -- that was a lot of fun. I did it when it was first introduced. Current cost is $189/per person. I don't remember the age limit on that. Animal lovers would definitely enjoy it! :thumbsup2

...that's the one where you walk on that rickety bridge directly over the animals, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter