It's MARVEL-ous on the MAGIC! Oct 2017 Canada Coast Cruise COMPLETE! See Ya Real Soon!

Following along on this one (and your summer family adventure).

Your voice is so calming...how often do you hear that? You have the I should be on tv voice!

View attachment 283137

Also, I'm trying to imagine the magic of seeing the Statue of Liberty while on a Disney Cruise...

I love Amazon Prime. I don't know what I did without it...I actually had to shop in a store?!?
It really is special. I don't really see it that often as I'm never on a boat in NYC and don't take the Staten Island Ferry so seeing it again was really nice!

Hooray! We're booked on an April Marvel cruise so I've been eagerly looking for any trip reports, but after your SWDAS report, I was especially excited to see you'd be doing one.

Thank you for reading! I really really loved the Marvel cruises. SWDAS was awesome but MDAS was really special, I hope you have an awesome time!!

I'm in.
Looking forward to the rest :)

Thank you and welcome!!

I'm here :wave2:

Off to a great start!! I cannot wait to go on a Disney Cruise again!! I went when I graduated high school and then 6 years later on my Honeymoon in 2006, but haven't been since. We just got our passports renewed and my son got his first ever, so now it's time to plan!!! Your TR has already got me in the mood to plan!!! :cheer2:

Yay!! It's definitely time to plan a Disney cruise! It's sooo much more relaxing than a trip to the parks, but with just as much magic. I can't wait for our next one - not sure when that will be but we booked placeholders!

Following along on this one (and your summer family adventure).

Your voice is so calming...how often do you hear that? You have the I should be on tv voice!

Thank you! Great seeing you here!!
Haha you are too kind. I kinda cringe when I hear my voice, and why do I end every sentence with what sounds like a question?...LOL. It's funny because our assistant server on the Magic (who was Scottish) said she cringed whenever she hears Merida's voice. She said she didn't want to hear her own accent, hahaha.

The NY skyline is beautiful from the ship. Love all your pictures and the GoPro video:thumbsup2
It was great seeing the inside of your cabin.

So nice to meet new friends on the cruise! I love your NYC skyline sail away pictures. It was nice to have the deck less crowded for you.

Great start! I'm all caught up and planning to follow along the whole way. Looking forward to seeing more of the Magic (we are trying it for the first time next summer) and also all the lovely ports. I'm also an Anne of Green Gables fan. :)

used a new Gopro Hero 5. I had never used it prior to this trip. It was definitely a learning experience! Please ignore my bad dialogue and blank stares into the camera. I am not used to video, haha.

I'll have to watch this later!

I would want to bring less cameras but my phone camera is not great, and I wanted to try out the gopro, but it got tedious as the trip wore on. So as soon as I get my new iPhone X - if it's all that it's lived up to be I can only travel with one camera now!!

Same here, I only bring my phone even though compared to the newer iPhones the camera isn't great. But it has it's moments until I get a newer one. I can barely juggle the phone and the tripod without adding more cameras to the mix :rotfl:

I used a new Gopro Hero 5. I had never used it prior to this trip. It was definitely a learning experience! Please ignore my bad dialogue and blank stares into the camera. I am not used to video, haha.

I feel like was totally me on our last trip. I still haven't watched most of our video because I'm afraid to see myself. Your video was great though!

Here's our Silver Castaway Club gift: a sling backpack. It was pretty cool! definitely a nice change from the usual tote bag.

How cool is this! Nice bag!

Soon two lovely ladies came to talk to us, and we found out that one of them has done 18 DCL cruises!! I guess she's almost at double platinum now!

Holy cow! That's amazing!

OKHlFaQRPPLpTlrp0QJnI_oZQgLySe4SzQ3gZN326wBOeDhcLWBJ343tNzPj7nkTKjeXC3nchWoSfbk0DQwMfjenfwfZmJlcC42m9c2XuQycvYfUAZMYzuq2JjTzL3cNPRBXXNPnx3b415k0Xy0Txyd5V3T3US76HYYilVGwxir07ZgZKTUn5OrMtvemRwVGnBF2OyKYtTQw3E26d1e_LXu6Hsw7dB7UeB3p6EOmJZ2TGHPhkLYAO_SV59O3Dwo4CaE130lWT8P0SMlnuqLItQ8nDa7smbPAJBnMUA48mhVv32Y2ZWAB7GGMhbDdo-HMySvP6_Km-9Um6m-7urnwVKJ0CciCDL9s2ArFAbyU4uFqmYnbhWxGesQiqht4UqtlnapASEf4ltCXqrYgzyiD1ReR8kGHP1Vju311H6g9oriCT02C0YGyPANICfBGGyoQ1SJqNo0RTpbyaAAe9roktaKZeWtQ0jIsSCinGmN8_OMrVlei1qO0uTACn2kL9l6cQFnuPvLo5T0TIOA1a9Bkd-PYGhy60oM-fSJ1u34-dKxCNl252MPo7lf02x3oaxAId_AgmXnJbLa23drm2_O_Y3scXAajpx7E_hnKPncacfw=w478-h637-no

Cute!

I ran back to the room, and put on a hoodie and went out to the verandah for a bit to check out the view there. Not a bad view at all.

LSjeFTwzPd8lmlRk6ZfQTJj6EvqFqEbfawjW2XYRmv74O-zzxNcc7ltRb86CZIarw6CgUO9P-EuomjPV8Te5TUvr3Z3wsnQ-afDwwN0KXtPOCBp2S_r8eJ1E3F8uSjxEc8WjTAgY3OM68Y45aBrdYpdQ20TxfyNeQzMEzMqYJigkjR5Wbhw_icvUYNgA4FR47-bqdJxf5U2enpCQHgvS0PumFGNU8r74MivAW29FKauFyO4zYtYu90rZvrXf5h8M2uXjVfiRtlOzrcCgr-aEGnx75YyJD_QI0pUqlQ8HkvVDEefnWgrfyC1nuaMe2xICQVMpW2PstqNBR-Vu7UXfgxa4xaXW-J7FDn3dolMGywf4uJ208Hze4JwEoD04nD-zHs4DCC7od6kxImiDfjpv_DgA4c2teEnuyIpvu9-J99ZIv5RF8t7JuT6-ocZ9W9BHwWe3R5MOjHHiOSoCJ9xpe5mJ-emQ5YteJtsm9pWyVYxZ9khEVODCb8iQapcvkELfeXX9qgNX9AXv8HQPJtcr-24eeh04sVdS9VvGp56euCCL86RMjQUYqobq8LqWZEHQAJRQimLt_KVUKnNzjKnfY8IfAQIA9ZbmT47oIXc7Fl8=w800-h600-no

Awesome! What a great view, of you and of the skyline :)

My best shot of her:

dWQXY2cCFQhcfy7Z74UBol4TpKAMNDGHXYLkbOu8LdfHfJ72dKXnQ1KJXNR9tPqq8juUaAOA2KGIL3bRvNIuCph93G_WMP-mOn1GBav60PKsOs27txIZeanzYX_Avy1C7WUHzzAs9cesoezOLJB-FXcxr2Gq1LIJ7aNZFO1fuqKsvxV7kxpVnfXV0cIL-YvuRgZ7LLQ_FqgdyTNJWGfgtweBOSECwP3CR8UDGE6FroU53zRKZDrwKidP_wnvskZtkMPmACzkg3Q4zIf9hkqnuZaApyPPfvYIpwzQh4SM3_PYs9dU7IwrI-DOEdvBF9tUvWeW5EMsYOfc194KhfYJOafq62NzEpn48wyHCZmBp-jE68Iu79b_BjBofQccs4ls_PxncVfIsXcwGRAYb6jwhQx5yYyfFgXxlXbayrFdEtfAk6cJtYmztQD23ErgIAVum1cJ4dwzvxbwIYo_kuraCGiln3oH5SGq0Pqc7hqt5JOeMINXn_Uq1QZimyXJ0q-Q2VO-xGJ2Bla4GPcL1kYi-d8m4_WaFWLLW9uu_iDJXmbxM1Ov2AXryzpGgVgbZ4MfTAo4pt4mb6GDm8TgJmY-lFnjLb_YxNJMbM0dshv_YyE=w800-h533-no

Great shot!

Following along. Love your trip reports. You’re so lucky to live near a port, and NYC at that! We love it. Your video was great, and what a fantastic picture of the Statue of Liberty! You should definitely do a Mediterranean cruise next. You get to see so much of Europe. Looking forward to seeing all your costumes and reading your report.

The NY skyline is beautiful from the ship. Love all your pictures and the GoPro video:thumbsup2
It was great seeing the inside of your cabin.

Thank you! I had fun with the gopro but it was hard to juggle so many cameras hahaha. Great for selfies though!

So nice to meet new friends on the cruise! I love your NYC skyline sail away pictures. It was nice to have the deck less crowded for you.

Yes! It was so fun to meet people that share the same interest! I hope to get to 18 cruises one day...LOL.

Such great pictures!

Thank you!

:laughing: I'm sure @kastoney completely approves! :thumbsup2

For sure! I hope I'm doing @kastoney proud!

Great start! I'm all caught up and planning to follow along the whole way. Looking forward to seeing more of the Magic (we are trying it for the first time next summer) and also all the lovely ports. I'm also an Anne of Green Gables fan. :)

Thank you for reading!! I think you will love the Magic! Such a beautiful ship and felt more intimate than the Fantasy. I loved PEI! AoGG was definitely a highlight for me.

I'll have to watch this later!

Same here, I only bring my phone even though compared to the newer iPhones the camera isn't great. But it has it's moments until I get a newer one. I can barely juggle the phone and the tripod without adding more cameras to the mix :rotfl:

I know! Juggling cameras was a struggle and towards the end I got lazy and I did convenience over quality and used my iphone for everything. You take good videos though so I hope I'm learning something from you!

I’m here following along :wave::wave::stitch:

Yay! Thank you for reading!!

I feel like was totally me on our last trip. I still haven't watched most of our video because I'm afraid to see myself. Your video was great though!

Aw thanks, I think we are most critical of our own selves, haha, but you are so cute I find that hard to believe.

How cool is this! Nice bag!

It was a nice surprise! The last time we just got a tote which was pretty common.

Holy cow! That's amazing!

#goals

Loved the Halloween decor!

Awesome! What a great view, of you and of the skyline :)

Thanks!!!

Great shot!

Thank you!

Following along!

Thank you for reading and welcome!

Following along. Love your trip reports. You’re so lucky to live near a port, and NYC at that! We love it. Your video was great, and what a fantastic picture of the Statue of Liberty! You should definitely do a Mediterranean cruise next. You get to see so much of Europe. Looking forward to seeing all your costumes and reading your report.

Thank you so much!! It really is nice to cruise from so close by, no need to deal with flights, or driving long distances. I may get used to this, LOL.
I really want to do a European cruise! The Mediterranean one sounds awesome. That is probably next on our list. We really like the idea of cruising the Norwegian Fjords as well!

Great start! We will be on the Magic in January and can't wait. It will be our 2nd cruise (first one was on the Wonder which also has a shawarma station I think). Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I’m almost a week late, but I’m here!

This cruise looks so cool to me and I think sailing out of NYC would be amazing.

We are going on the Magic for the first time this summer. I’ll have to go back and reread that first TR again.

Love the video and it really helps me get a better sense of the size of the room. How fun to have that FB meet at the start of the cruise! I’m pretty convinced I’m not organized enough to do fish extenders, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter