It's like an African safari for your taste buds! Aug 2013 update 1/3 Tokyo Dining

I'm a little late to the report, but WOW! I think I will have to try Jam Jar. I am not a huge wine fan, although I do enjoy dessert wines. Maybe Jam Jar will be sweet enough for me!

Oh my gosh, that grilled tomato on your plate looks amazing. So does the meat, but I'm a sucker for tomatoes. We haven't had breakfast there, but maybe our next trip.

Definitely worth a try, especially if you like breakfast foods.

I'm sorry you didn't love Boma breakfast. Pretty sure I would have the same reaction. I LOVE dinner at Boma, but I'm not a huge breakfast person. For me if I'm going to pay a ton for a buffet breakfast (which I'm hardly going to touch), I want to see some characters! :rotfl2:

I know what you mean! Breakfast buffets are really worth it for me because I can't eat a lot for breakfast, unless I can get some good character pictures! ;)

Your plate at Boma was much healthier than mine would have been. :) I piled on the Mickey waffles and the bread pudding! I do like the omelet station but I agree most of the choices are typical breakfast foods. I like Boma as a non-character alternative for a buffet.

Haha I have a hard time eating too much in the mornings, so I stick to the lighter stuff! But I agree, if you're looking for a nice breakfast buffet but don't want characters, it's a very nice option.

I'm a little late to the report, but WOW! I think I will have to try Jam Jar. I am not a huge wine fan, although I do enjoy dessert wines. Maybe Jam Jar will be sweet enough for me!

I definitely think you would like it! It was very sweet - my husband also really only likes sweet wines and he enjoyed this one a lot!

Wedding Food

Sometimes weddings get a bad reputation for their food, but this was my second Disney wedding and the food was incredible, just like the first time! It was a buffet, with some delicious options:

This was my plate, and boy was it good. Starting with the steak at the top, it was some sort of steak with multiple sauces - I got a mustard sauce on the side there. Then there was a delicious soft roll, and a cone of caesar salad. Cute presentation! Some veggies, another sort of roll I guess (I don't remember it), and penne ala vodka. The penne was delicious. The steak and pasta were the highlight of that plate, but then came...

The lobster mac and cheese!!

This was absolutely heavenly. They had a mashed potato/pasta bar, with I think three different options. You could choose a base and then they added cheese, chives, etc. if you wanted it. I went with the lobster mac and cheese obviously. This is one of the best things I've ever eaten! I went back for a second. I'm going to have to ask if this is based on any other dish at a Disney restaurant because I crave it now!

For dessert we had wedding cake, of course! The outside of the cake was beautiful:

And there was a Haunted Mansion groom's cake, which was red velvet:

I had the regular wedding cake, and it was tasty!

All in all I can't rave about this wedding food enough, especially that Lobster mac and cheese! But the food for the evening wasn't over yet, because there were still goodies to come at the dessert party over in Epcot that night!

So excited to hear this!!!! I have a reception/dessert party planned for next July and one of the items being served is fried lobster Mac-n-cheese balls! Hopefully they will be just as good. :)

The lobster mac and cheese looks amazing! And I just love the caesar salad cone - very cute.

Both cakes were just beautiful!

That cake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

It was! Disney wedding cakes are so fun!

So excited to hear this!!!! I have a reception/dessert party planned for next July and one of the items being served is fried lobster Mac-n-cheese balls! Hopefully they will be just as good. :)

That sounds amazing!! Do you have any sort of planning journal for your reception/dessert party? I would love to read about it!

The lobster mac and cheese looks amazing! And I just love the caesar salad cone - very cute.

Both cakes were just beautiful!

Yes, I loved how the food looked really good, but also tasted really good too! ;)

No. Our party is just a party, not associated with a wedding or anything so I have not been doing a planning journal. I'll post pics though afterwards!

I saw some Jam Jar at Walgreens the other day and thought of you. :)

That Boma breakfast looks good and kind of different. I got a chuckle out of your "tomatoes for breakfast" comment, because both my grandfathers loved tomatoes for breakfast when tomatoes were in season. One of them coated his tomato in a thin layer of salt, the other one coated his in a thin layer of sugar!

That wedding food is incredible! Good to hear it tasted as good as it looks! Gasparilla Grill and Le Cellier both have had lobster mac and cheese on their menus, so you could check those for a start. Hope you can find it again!

No. Our party is just a party, not associated with a wedding or anything so I have not been doing a planning journal. I'll post pics though afterwards!

Yes, definitely let me know when you've got pics up!

I saw some Jam Jar at Walgreens the other day and thought of you. :)

That Boma breakfast looks good and kind of different. I got a chuckle out of your "tomatoes for breakfast" comment, because both my grandfathers loved tomatoes for breakfast when tomatoes were in season. One of them coated his tomato in a thin layer of salt, the other one coated his in a thin layer of sugar!

That wedding food is incredible! Good to hear it tasted as good as it looks! Gasparilla Grill and Le Cellier both have had lobster mac and cheese on their menus, so you could check those for a start. Hope you can find it again!

My uncle puts salt on his tomatoes too. I've tried it... it's not bad! And I will definitely be on the hunt for that lobster mac and cheese. I figure trying as many lobster mac and cheeses as I can can't be such a bad thing!

I came looking for an update... No update. :confused3 But then I see from your PTR - you're currently there! :cool1: Hope you have a marvelous trip and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Are you going to be doing a dining review for it as well?

Anyways, thanks for sharing! Love your reviews. :)

I came looking for an update... No update. :confused3 But then I see from your PTR - you're currently there! :cool1: Hope you have a marvelous trip and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Are you going to be doing a dining review for it as well?

Anyways, thanks for sharing! Love your reviews. :)

Thanks! We just got back today and we had a great time! Had some really good food too, so I'll definitely be doing another dining review as soon as I finish this one!

The lobster mac and cheese at Narcoossee's is incredible!

I LOVE Narcoossee's, so I will definitely have to try it next time we are there!

Illuminations Dessert Party

If you're not familiar, something that you can organize through Disney catered events is a private dessert party, if you're throwing some sort of big event. They're really popular for weddings, and with this one my friends had schedule a private Illuminations Dessert party!

They had a few different desserts. One of the highlights was flambeed donuts with ice cream:

I didn't have one of these, but DH did. It looked fantastic but I will still really full of wedding food and cake so I unfortunately didn't eat too much at the dessert party. In fact, despite how full we were DH had more than one of these. He said that it was "too good for its own good" :rotfl:

I preferred something lighter, like white chocolate bits in dry ice with dried fruit:

Okay, it sounds a little unusual, but this was really good. I'm not even a huge fan of white chocolate and would normally pass it up, but I had to try it since it was so unique. And I liked it a lot. The texture was super light and it tasted great with the berries. I don't really know how else to describe it. It was almost like melt in your mouth.

As you can see from the pictures, they also had rice krispie and brownie lollipops covered in white chocolate. These were tasty as well.

And then they brought out a special gift for the bride and groom - their own personal bride and groom rice krispie Mickeys!

Apparently the bride and groom have a tradition of always eating a Mickey rice krispie treat when they watch Illuminations, so they requested two for the dessert party. And instead of just getting them the standard ones, Disney brought this instead. It was incredibly cool!

Overall the dessert party was great. And the fireworks were good too of course, but the food was just as good - I just wish there had been more time between the reception and the dessert party so I could have enjoyed more of the desserts! ;)

The dessert party looks amazing. I especially love the special touch of the bride-and-groom treats. So sweet. :lovestruc

The raspberries with white chocolate look good, and I'm not a white chocolate fan. Were the flambeed donuts the only non-white chocolate dessert?

My brother and sister-in law got me a ton of chocolate for Christmas; one box has suggestions for companion food or drink for each variety, and one of the suggestions that sounded good was syrah, so I picked up some Jam Jar shiraz. Can't remember if that's the one you had, but I'm hoping I like it as much as you did yours!

I was positive I commented on your food reviews..but someplace it is missing..

I loved the photos of Mara and the stew...looks amazing...I may get enough courage to try some of these different meals..

Thanks so much for your reviews

The raspberries with white chocolate look good, and I'm not a white chocolate fan. Were the flambeed donuts the only non-white chocolate dessert?

My brother and sister-in law got me a ton of chocolate for Christmas; one box has suggestions for companion food or drink for each variety, and one of the suggestions that sounded good was syrah, so I picked up some Jam Jar shiraz. Can't remember if that's the one you had, but I'm hoping I like it as much as you did yours!

I actually think the donuts probably were the only non white chocolate dessert. I'm not a huge white chocolate fan either but I was already so full! We also got a ton of chocolate for Christmas - yours sound great! And yes, the Jam Jar shiraz is what we had it was fantastic!

I was positive I commented on your food reviews..but someplace it is missing..

I loved the photos of Mara and the stew...looks amazing...I may get enough courage to try some of these different meals..

Thanks so much for your reviews

Definitely try to step outside your comfort zone to try something different - it's almost always been worth it for us at Disney!

Love the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom rice Krispy treats. The food at the wedding sounds wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter