It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney with a 1 month old *new 2/13/15*

The video was awesome thanks for sharing! I always make videos to have on DVD but never think about sharing them. Maybe i'll do that this next time. Yeah right, it will take another year for that video to be completed:lmao:

So sad this TR is over! I know you just got back, but any plans on going back in the near future?

haha - but I bet it would be worth it to see the video and would be fun to see even though your son would be older.

The only set plans we have as of now is the Hershey DISMeet in June. I think Judi wants to take a year off and I am pushing her to do an adults only Adventures by Disney in 2016. But we shall see ... I am sure the pull will come at some point to head down for even a short trip .... especially if I get wind a bunch of other DISers will be there at that time :rotfl:

What a great video - I'm so impressed with your skills! Makes me feel like a slacker since I am getting so far behind in just writing my TR.

I'm sad your trip is over. I really enjoyed your report!

Thank you! First time really taking video so was pretty glad with how it all came out.

Thank you - glad you enjoyed it ... I had fun writing it :goodvibes

Finally got back and all caught up and it's over??? So sad!

It looks like you had a pretty great last day. I'm glad you didn't let the rain bother you. Last time my DH got talked into going into Swiss family treehouse it started raining on them too. Must be something about dads playing in there that makes it rain!

Your video was amazing! I loved it! I wish I was talented enough to do one--of course that would mean actually taking more video then pictures....anywho....the kids dancing and singing at the end was the best!

Finally got back and all caught up and it's over??? So sad!

It looks like you had a pretty great last day. I'm glad you didn't let the rain bother you. Last time my DH got talked into going into Swiss family treehouse it started raining on them too. Must be something about dads playing in there that makes it rain!

Your video was amazing! I loved it! I wish I was talented enough to do one--of course that would mean actually taking more video then pictures....anywho....the kids dancing and singing at the end was the best!

Isn't that always the way? - get caught up and the fun is over :rotfl2: Though I will have at least one more update with final thoughts, etc.

Well, I guess the idea of climbing around a tree house and getting wet and dirty can bring out the little boys in grown me :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed the video - not quite sure if it is talent or just patience but I am happy with the result. Glad you enjoyed the bonus/post credit/marvel bonus scene at the end :thumbsup2

Just read the last update, though can't see the video at work. Really wonderful TR and so glad you made so many wonderful memories. I love the pic of Olivia with all the autographs! So cute. I'll have to take a look at the video when I get to my computer at home :goodvibes

Part 37 - Recap 1 - tons o' gifs!​

First, wanted to post this super cute picture of Emma wearing this great Mickey hat that a friend gave us (actually was Bridget, the mom from the family that came with us to Disney last October - link to that trip report is in my signature)

EmmainMickeyHat.jpg

In an effort to not let this TR totally end, I wanted to have a couple of recap posts where I would try to share some of our best (and worst) experiences and also some tips for traveling with infants.

In my next post I plan to have a series of Top 5 categories (so, top 5 meals, top 5 character meets, etc.) ... if there are any categories you would like to see - let me know and happy to oblige :goodvibes

For now though, as I had a lot of fun making them, thought I would just re-post all the animated gifs from the Trip Report:

m3w0_fb2_udpu1.gif
ktth_bb3_udpu1.gif

ktth_ce0_udpu1.gif
12oe_2f0_udpu1.gif

ndqx_c47_udpu1.gif
ey5b_f3f_udpu1.gif

t0jv_10d_udpu1.gif
1bom_de7_udpu1.gif

1319_7dc_udpu1.gif

1040_acf_udpu1.gif
12ff_5d3_udpu1.gif

pw06_2ca_udpu1.gif
iupj_fb3_udpu1.gif

eaea_125_udpu1.gif
1dxf_325_udpu1.gif

o1pt_9c7_udpu1.gif
1hij_7c7_udpu1.gif

wuh7_fd5_udpu1.gif
ymh7_fae_udpu1.gif

q2tp_d8b_udpu1.gif
10ew_754_udpu1.gif

Peter%20in%20rain.gif
Minnie%20and%20Daisy%20in%20CP.gif

TTFN

Omg that is the cutest picture ever! She sure is getting big.

Love the recap of all your gifs! I think my faves are the Mickey one, the Snow White one, the one of Peter in the rain, and the Daisy/Minnie parade one!

And I'm glad you're not letting go of the TR just yet ;) look forward to the upcoming posts.

Wow Phil, seeing all those gifs in one place really shows the effort you put into them. So excellent. :goodvibes
Plus it also show my computer is at least powerful enough to run them all together.

Oh my....Emma is getting so big and she looks absolutely adorable in that hat.

I love seeing all the GIF's together...you sure put a lot of work into those (I wouldn't even know where to begin). I can't pick a favorite because they are all great. But I do have a special fondness for the Snow White one.

I'm looking forward to all of your top fives.

Love Emma in her Mickey hat! Super cute! :lovestruc

Hmmmm, top 5 ideas...maybe top 5 CM interactions? Or top 5 snacks? :confused3

All those GIFs are pretty cool. Good work! :thumbsup2

Love that Mickey hat!

I liked your gif's too! Hoping to do a few for this trip.

Yay for top 5's!

Hope Izzy likes it when she gets to watch it
You'll be happy to know that I finally remembered to drag Izzy away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tonight to watch your video. She enjoyed it and was rocking around to the music. Then, at the end, she demanded, "Again!!!" So, we watched it a second time. She was fascinated:

She yelled out everything the second time through, which was cute: "Ariel! Castle! Train! Roller Coaster! Buzz!" She actually wanted it a third time, but I had to drag her away to get ready for bed. So, two thumbs up here! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Omg that is the cutest picture ever! She sure is getting big.

Love the recap of all your gifs! I think my faves are the Mickey one, the Snow White one, the one of Peter in the rain, and the Daisy/Minnie parade one!

And I'm glad you're not letting go of the TR just yet ;) look forward to the upcoming posts.

Thanks Alexis - she is getting big. Rolling over and trying to sit up and can see she wants to keep up with her big brother and sister.

I think some of those are my favorite gifs too. While I love the ones of fireworks and stuff the ones with the kids are the ones that really stick with me :goodvibes

Holding on for dear life to the this trip report ;)

Wow Phil, seeing all those gifs in one place really shows the effort you put into them. So excellent. :goodvibes
Plus it also show my computer is at least powerful enough to run them all together.

Thanks Rob - took me a while to do the first couple of gifs but then I got a system worked out and it went much easier. A lot of the times I was taking more video than regular pictures so figured this was a good way to leverage that.

Glad to hear your computer (and The DIS) was up to the task :thumbsup2

Oh my....Emma is getting so big and she looks absolutely adorable in that hat.

I love seeing all the GIF's together...you sure put a lot of work into those (I wouldn't even know where to begin). I can't pick a favorite because they are all great. But I do have a special fondness for the Snow White one.

I'm looking forward to all of your top fives.

Thank you Kathy - they get big so fast ... been fun actually seeing the pictures of her so little doing this Trip Report. I have to say I have a fondness for that Snow White one as well. Just being the first Disney Princess, the first one Olivia really took a shine too and always having great meets with her she holds a special place in my heart.

Working on the top 5's now ... actually fun working through them with Judi.

Love Emma in her Mickey hat! Super cute! :lovestruc

Hmmmm, top 5 ideas...maybe top 5 CM interactions? Or top 5 snacks? :confused3

All those GIFs are pretty cool. Good work! :thumbsup2

Thanks Dugette! Just happy we got that super cute picture of Emma.

I think we will do top 5 snacks/desserts. We definitely had a couple of really good CM interactions so that is a good idea :thumbsup2

Love that Mickey hat!

I liked your gif's too! Hoping to do a few for this trip.

Yay for top 5's!

I love that hat too ... and the kid wearing it :goodvibes

I developed a decent system for making the animated gif's between programs and websites, etc. so if you are feeling lost and want some tips, let me know :thumbsup2

OH MY GOSH!!! how cute is emma in that hat?!!? adorable! can't wait for the recaps!

Adorable is the word - love the hat and just so fitting for including in the trip report!

You'll be happy to know that I finally remembered to drag Izzy away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tonight to watch your video. She enjoyed it and was rocking around to the music. Then, at the end, she demanded, "Again!!!" So, we watched it a second time. She was fascinated:

She yelled out everything the second time through, which was cute: "Ariel! Castle! Train! Roller Coaster! Buzz!" She actually wanted it a third time, but I had to drag her away to get ready for bed. So, two thumbs up here! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks for posting Duggette, that is so cute. Glad Izzy liked it ... hope you don't have to watch it too many times :rotfl2:

I feel like I just started reading your trip report! That picture of you guys heading into the airport is overwhelming to even look at! You guys are like a parade yourselves!

Totally lame the parade was "rained out". But, it is a reason to go on another trip!

Love your humor and pics and gifs. Write another report soon please!

Ohhhhh Emma's wee Mickey hat is the SWEETEST. I love this TR so much, I'm so sorry I'm behind. I will check in soon though, once this semester is behind me formally. (Yes, I know I'm old for school. If it helps explain things, I'm on my GI Bill benefits and I'm getting a master's.)

I feel like I just started reading your trip report! That picture of you guys heading into the airport is overwhelming to even look at! You guys are like a parade yourselves!

Totally lame the parade was "rained out". But, it is a reason to go on another trip!

Love your humor and pics and gifs. Write another report soon please!

Actually I think our family parade may have been longer than the Rainy Day Cavalcade :lmao:

definitely sad that the parade was rained out - some day we will see it, and until then there is always YouTube

Thank you! Hopefully we can get another trip in soon so I can write another report, but we shall see :goodvibes

Ohhhhh Emma's wee Mickey hat is the SWEETEST. I love this TR so much, I'm so sorry I'm behind. I will check in soon though, once this semester is behind me formally. (Yes, I know I'm old for school. If it helps explain things, I'm on my GI Bill benefits and I'm getting a master's.)

Thank you - I do find it to be a really cute hat. No worries about being behind, the internet isn't going anywhere (at least I don't htink so). That's awesome that you are going to school now! If that is something you want and you are going for it I think it is great!

Oh my goodness, that is an adorable Mickey hat and Emma looks like a little model in it.

I don't have any particular Top 5 requests. None that haven't been suggested already. I just look forward to reading about them :)

Also, gifs are so fun. I love them. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, that is an adorable Mickey hat and Emma looks like a little model in it.

I don't have any particular Top 5 requests. None that haven't been suggested already. I just look forward to reading about them :)

Also, gifs are so fun. I love them. :thumbsup2

Thanks Amber - I think Emma shows off that hat quite well and certainly would motivate others to buy one :goodvibes

I am glad I decided to make the gifs - I just think they are fun and help remind me of the trip :thumbsup2

Part 38 - Recap 2: Top 5's - Food related categories​

I hope everyone is having a good December and getting into that Holiday spirit - or spirits ;)

This will be the first of 2 "Top 5" posts that I will use as a recap of the trip. This will cover all food/drink related categories with the second part covering meet & greets and other related topics.

Definitely welcome input as to what you would rank for each category based on your trips.

Shall we get started? good.

Top 5 Snacks / desserts

note: we didn't really buy a ton of snacks so I included in here desserts as well

honorable mention: Ice Cream from Main St. Ice Cream Parlor

5. Cookies and Milk from Sanaa - more for how cute it was and provided entertainment value as well

4. Bread Pudding from 'Ohana

3. Dessert Trio from Hollywood Brown Derby - we loved the concept of getting to pick three small items and a number of them were very tasty, with our favorite probably being the Amaretto Flan

2. Dole Whip - my favorite being the pineapple/vanilla swirl in pineapple juice, Judi going with the orange/vanilla swirl, and Olivia going with her own creation of vanilla in chocolate milk

1. Brioche Ice Cream Sandwiches from L'Artisan des Glaces - I mean, what's not to love? Great ice cream, get to pick your favorite sauce as well, and they make them fresh right in front of you :thumbsup2
e4in_81c_udpu1.jpg

Top 5 Adult Beverages

Gotta appreciate a good adult beverage when handling 3 kids at the parks all day :thumbsup2

Honorable mention: Unibroue Trois Pistoles, Sangria from Garden Grill

5. Schofferhofer Grapefruit - while not the hard core beer lovers first choice, it is one of Judi's favorite and it really paired nicely with the August heat ;)

4. Wine at Hollywood Brown Derby (we both likes ours: Me: Sequoia Grove Cabenet Sauvignon; Judi: Castello Banfi Chianti Classico) - and they both paired well with the entrees they were suggested pairings for (which isn't always the case, I have found)

3. Pineapple Caipirinha from Sanaa - probably Judi's favorite drink from the trip ... certainly looks tasty:
at1u_ba3_udpu1.jpg

2. Unibroue La Fin Du Monde - one of my all time favorite beers and gets bumped up at least a full peg for being served in a goblet:
7nmh_b35_udpu1.jpg

1. Lapu Lapu - I mean, does anything screem "vacation" like drinking out of a pineapple? And they were pretty darn tasty too!
2g7l_b26_udpu1.jpg
3nrf_688_udpu1.jpg

photo credit: Olivia

Top five meals - food wise

Honestly, partly created this category to give credit to Hollywood Brown Derby as the meal just took too long and added too much stress to be rank too high overall

honorable mention: Garden Grill (food was that good), 'Ohana (for Phil due to potstickers and dessert. With the chicken off the menu Judi wasn't really a fan overall)

5. Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast - now, the fact we got all the extra food and multiple stuffed French Toasts didn't hurt - but all the food was honestly really good on it's own and felt like a step up from a standard breakfast

4. Sunshine Seasons - we really only got a light meal here but the fish tacos were (while spicy) some of the best I have ever had and the kids food was really good and they had a really good variety. Oh, and two words: Strawberry Shortcake

3. Tusker House Breakfast - guess we had some good breakfasts this trip. This is always a favorite of ours as we love that they mix the traditional breakfast with some more exotic options. While we miss the full size Krispy Kreme donuts they still have the donut holes, so this will stay in our "must do" lists

2. Sanaa - next meal after Tusker House, so that was a good stretch for us. The bread service and the "You pick two" Slow Cooked in Gravy were the highlights but it was all really good!
bnmt_4f6_udpu1.jpg

1. Hollywood Brown Derby - yeah, despite the slow service, the food still stood out as being that good to us. If this was a date night and we didn't mind the speed of the meal it would have been one of the best meals period we've ever had at Disney. It was all really good, but I could have that chopped salad at every meal and not get tired of it and the lamb was probably Judi's favorite food of the trip (or at least up there), and as mentioned before, the dessert trios
a40p_955_udpu1.jpg
1h3n_8c7_udpu1.jpg

Top five meals - overall

Honorable mention: Be Our Guest lunch, Dole Whips for dinner

5. 'Ohana - If it was up to Judi this wouldn't have made the list, but I made the executive decision to leave it here as I thought the food was really good, the drinks were really good, we got the gif of Peter serving himself noodles out of it, and Olivia loved the games. Just felt it was an enjoyable time.

4. Tusker House Breakfast - great food and Peter running away from Donald, what's not to love?

3. Garden Grill - Overall, one of the best meal experiences we have had. The rotating restaurant and just being above/being able to see Living with the Land, good character experience (Farmer Mickey is just too cute), and great food and drink add up to a great meal. I mean, even just looking at the kids food now is making me hungry:
1ash_85e_udpu1.jpg

2. Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - as mentioned above, the food was really good on it's own, but the experience of eating in the Castle for the first time and Olivia basically bursting with excitement about it, and good princess interaction - this is one we are really glad we did!
1whh_148_udpu1.jpg

1. Sanaa - Food alone came in second, but it was just such a great break from the heat of Animal Kingdom, had great drinks, wonderful dessert for the kids, and a view that is very unique and tough to beat:
4552_099_udpu1.jpg

So what are some of your "top 5" food related experiences at Disney World?

Up next ... well, everything that didn't have food involved ;)

TTFN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter