It's Kind of Fun to Do the Impossible - A 12 Month CRP Report

I have a question for you- what date were the majority of people offered to start? I'm just wondering if your date was a major anomaly, because if I do decided to do the 12 month program, it would be much more convenient for me to start somewhere between May-August instead of the middle of a term, so I would take less time off from school.

Just for my experience, they pretty much let me pick when I started at the interview :rotfl: They asked when I could start, as they were looking for anything from June to next Feb (I interviewed in April) I said anytime after Sept 19th & I check in Oct 14th, so I'm sure check in dates are all year round:goodvibes

Just for my experience, they pretty much let me pick when I started at the interview :rotfl: They asked when I could start, as they were looking for anything from June to next Feb (I interviewed in April) I said anytime after Sept 19th & I check in Oct 14th, so I'm sure check in dates are all year round:goodvibes

Thank you so much! I'm just wondering because I really want to go down and work but I don't know if I want to sacrifice my entire education plan. If it starts and ends in the summer, I'd only be behind a year, but if it starts in the middle of a term I'd have to take off 3 terms instead of 2.

Wow your interview process was so different from mine!! I just had mine July 11th, and it was just a video interview online, and then I was offered the position on July 21st! (for March 2015 arrival) :eek::cloud9: I'm impressed you were able to stay so patient for all that time though! And clearly all your waiting paid off!

Very excited to see some pics and hear about your first few weeks of living/working at Disney World!!!

Oh my gosh!!

I'm so happy that they gave you the oppertunity to reapply right away! And that everything worked out for you! I would have been DEVASTATED if something had come up and prevented me from doing the program, or make me choose between Disney & school, like, one's my LIFE DREAM, and one's going to actually make a really big impact on my future, lol.

So glad you got in and hope you're having a blast down there so far! I imagine you've been super busy! Can't wait to read all about it!

We're coming down Aug 20-24, and will be in Epcot on the 21 & 23rd, I hope we can see you one of those days!!

It was a huge decision, and I am so glad that everything worked out for me! I feel really blessed and lucky! I have been so busy, finding time to actually post this TR is tricky, but I will make it happen. I have taken so many notes, and I will catch up. I promise!
I should be working both the 21 and 23, so I will for sure see you down there!! Stop by and say hello!

omg I am so in! I cannot wait to hear ALL about it. :) I am so happy for you Danielle, what an experience of a lifetime. Needless to say, I am incredibly jealous. I am hoping to one day apply to do the CRP for Canada as well. Right now my kids are still a little young for me to leave for a whole year. I hope they don't have an age restriction. Looking forward to hearing about your experience and all of your adventures. We will be down to Disney in November, I will try to find you in Canada.

I don't think there's' an age restriction at all1 I'm actually one of the oldest ones that we have right now, but I think that's just because no one much older than me ever really applies (at least there was no one at the interview that I saw). I'm sure they'd love to mix it up and have someone with an entirely different life experience and knowledge pool.

Hello! I'm new to DISboards, and I'm so happy to have found this! I'm also Canadian, and I would love to work for Disney one day. Since I'm starting university in the fall, I'm leaning towards applying for the summer program. Though I would love to spend a year in WDW instead of 3 short months, and I'd also love to work in the Canadian pavilion.
I have a question for you- what date were the majority of people offered to start? I'm just wondering if your date was a major anomaly, because if I do decided to do the 12 month program, it would be much more convenient for me to start somewhere between May-August instead of the middle of a term, so I would take less time off from school.
Anyways, I'm so excited to read about your adventures! Have fun!

You can give your ideal start date times when you go to the interview, so they can hopefully work around that. There are also lots of people taking online classes at the same time so that they don't fall so far behind in school; so that's always an option.

Wow your interview process was so different from mine!! I just had mine July 11th, and it was just a video interview online, and then I was offered the position on July 21st! (for March 2015 arrival) :eek::cloud9: I'm impressed you were able to stay so patient for all that time though! And clearly all your waiting paid off!

Very excited to see some pics and hear about your first few weeks of living/working at Disney World!!!

I know right?! I haven't met anyone else who had such a crazy process as mine. Congrats on your arrival date!!! :yay: What role did you get?

Awesome!! Now, I can't remember, are you in merchandise?

I've followed you on insta and apparently I didn't realize I already follow you on twitter :rotfl: so I can be more up to date on your adventures!!

Awesome!! Now, I can't remember, are you in merchandise?

I've followed you on insta and apparently I didn't realize I already follow you on twitter :rotfl: so I can be more up to date on your adventures!!

oh wow!! I am in merch at the lovely trading post :). Have you done a program before?

Just ran across your report and can't wait to hear more. It sounds like a very long wait to get your good news but I'm sure you're ecstatic finally being there. :)

Wow two years! Disney is definitely worth waiting for though, good for you :cheer2: I'm ecstatic that you are writing this trip report, i've always wondered about international experiences! So so so excited! Can't wait to read more!

Congrats on your arrival date!!! :yay: What role did you get?

Thanks!!!! :woohoo: My role is Food and Beverage! (serving at Le Cellier) Can't waiiitt, except I'm very nervous too (homesickness, roommate assignments, housing in general, new job, etc etc etc etc...but then I'm like OH WAIT it's Disney. And I just picture walking into the parks and it's a sunny gorgeous Florida day...and I feel better!)

I know you're probably crazy busy but I'm SO SO pumped to read about your experience settling in and meeting your roomies!! Hopefully you'll have a bit of spare time soon!

Thanks!!!! :woohoo: My role is Food and Beverage! (serving at Le Cellier) Can't waiiitt, except I'm very nervous too (homesickness, roommate assignments, housing in general, new job, etc etc etc etc...but then I'm like OH WAIT it's Disney. And I just picture walking into the parks and it's a sunny gorgeous Florida day...and I feel better!)

I know you're probably crazy busy but I'm SO SO pumped to read about your experience settling in and meeting your roomies!! Hopefully you'll have a bit of spare time soon!

Hey!!! Another one! Thanks to Windsor Princess for bringing us all together!! :rotfl2:

I'm food & beverage too!! Starting in October!!

I'm so jealous of all of you Canadian girls working Epcot! Some day I hope to too. :) I want lots of details from all of you.

oh wow!! I am in merch at the lovely trading post :). Have you done a program before?

Awesome!! I haven't done a program yet, one of my coworkers did it a few years back though, so I've heard some stuff about it! I'm super excited about it and super glad that it's a year!!:cool1:

Hey!!! Another one! Thanks to Windsor Princess for bringing us all together!! :rotfl2:

I'm food & beverage too!! Starting in October!!

That's so awesome! Are you going to do a trip report? Excited to meet you in March! :yay:

I just found out I am coming up in September after school has started here and things settle down!! I will keep my eyes peeled for you in Canada :)

That's so awesome! Are you going to do a trip report? Excited to meet you in March! :yay:

Yup!! Definitely will be! I've got a trip next week & a 2 week-er in Sept so it might be a little late starting, but I want to keep it semi "live" so we'll see what happens :rotfl2:.

I just found out I am coming up in September after school has started here and things settle down!! I will keep my eyes peeled for you in Canada :)

Oh my goodness how exciting! Stop by and say hello, I love a good DIS meet!

Yup!! Definitely will be! I've got a trip next week & a 2 week-er in Sept so it might be a little late starting, but I want to keep it semi "live" so we'll see what happens :rotfl2:.

Tell me about it, I had planned on keeping them live as well; but then my internet didn't work. I finally got it up and running (hopefully it doesn't break again) so I can start my posts!

THE LONG ROAD

Since my start date was July 8, 2014 we decided to begin driving down on July 5. My mom Is a bad passenger so she drove the whole way there while Brendan and I took turns riding shotgun and making sure we didn’t get lost.
We decided that we needed to stop at Tim Hortons before we left. Mainly because I was going to miss Timmy’s dearly, but also because it was 5:30 in the morning and I wasn’t in the mood for making anything to eat after packing the car. We got to the Tim Hortons by the house and they weren’t taking anything but cash! That wouldn’t do, since I had Tim cards that I wanted to use up before leaving. So we got back in the car and drove to the next one (a whole whopping block down the road; seriously they’re everywhere here!) We got to this Tim’s and were finally able to get something to eat. I got my usual turkey sausage breakfast sandwich on a biscuit, and a MUST HAVE, the birthday cake donut. This donut is by far the most delicious donut that they have ever come up with, and I miss it every day I am down here in Florida. It tasted almost like a rainbow chip cake mix, but it was even more delicious since it is a glazed donut. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, as we pulled out of the parking lot I realized I had forgotten my hidden Mickey book that I had purchased specifically for this trip... oh well. That’s a pretty useless thing to go back for so we ventured onward!

We got to the border about 10 minutes later, and already knew that we would be pulled in since I needed my Visa recorded and my I-94 card issued. Living in a border city I am able to visit the states more often than I probably should (at least once a week usually) and in all that time I had only ever been pulled into customs once, so this was an unfamiliar occurrence.

Right after my name was called and the customs agent began working on my papers a morning meeting was held which he needed to be in attendance for. So we sat and waited over an hour for the meeting to finish and for him to finish my paperwork which took him all of 5 minutes. Got to love those morning meetings! They took my picture for my I-94 and we were on our way.

Nothing too eventful happened during this portion of the drive; we stopped at Cracker Barrel because well, where else do you stop?! That place is delicious!! We were so hungry and in such a rush that I didn’t get any food pictures, but I can tell you that I got the chicken fingers and strawberry lemonade, and both Brendan and my mom got some sort of fish lunch special thing. I don’t eat fish so I didn’t pay much attention to what it was, but my mom got the green beans as a side and I was jealous of them.

EVEN MORE OF THE LONG ROAD

After some crazy long amount of time we came to the Tennessee border. Now whenever we were younger and were driving to Florida we would stop here (no matter what time it was, even if it was 3 am) and we would get ice cream from a vending machine! I know now a day that there is ice cream in vending machines all over the place, but 20 years ago this thing was high-tech! The vending machine is a giant chest freezer and a vacuum hose. Once you make your selection the freezer door opens and this vacuum hose wiggles down to suction up your ice cream bar and drop it down a chute to you. It was and is by far the coolest thing ever!

We would always get the strawberry shortcake bars, but they didn’t have them anymore so I settled for an Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich. It was so warm out that there was no way to take a picture as the ice cream was just dripping everywhere and fast! But Brendan got a chocolate ice cream sandwich and my mom got a Heath ice cream bar. They were all delicious, and if you have never stopped at the Tennessee border for vending machine ice cream do it next time, I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter