It's Happening...Frozen at Epcot

hmm...no ETA. I wonder if there is any chance for the ride to be open next June. My daughter would love that!

Really, really, really upset about this. I loved Maelstrom and now I probably won't be able to ride it before it gets the Frozen treatment… :worried:

I know we're all supposed to be railing against Epcot becoming more cartoony, but honestly I'm excited for the change. Maelstrom was badly in need of some kind of update, and it can only help to have an additional M&G location for the sisters.

I'm going to wait and see on this one. As a WS fan, I like the whole area being true to displaying the culture and sites of the countries. I did not like the cartoonish changes made to El Rio Del Tiempio in Mexico.

On the other hand, I love frozen and the new ride sounds fun. So, I guess I will just wait and see how it turns out. I just rode Malestrom a week ago and the ride itself doesn't wow me in any way.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well the rumors certainly were flying, I'm really sorry to see that it's true. Not surprised in the least but sad to see it happen.

hmmm, wonder when it will be completed by?

as a newbie, what does the sing a long mean for us who are traveling in November for Hollywood studios? do I need to look for a FP for the sing a long if we're not buying tickets to the show? what else do I need to do/know. I hope there is a chance to meet them since I couldn't get FP+ for our 3 little girls :( TIA for your help/tips!!!

hmmm, wonder when it will be completed by?

as a newbie, what does the sing a long mean for us who are traveling in November for Hollywood studios? do I need to look for a FP for the sing a long if we're not buying tickets to the show? what else do I need to do/know. I hope there is a chance to meet them since I couldn't get FP+ for our 3 little girls :( TIA for your help/tips!!!

There are no tickets. Its included. There was a VIP thing you could buy, but I think they discontinued that now.

As for Maelstrom, its kinda boring, but a classic. We always laugh how they are talking about how environmentally friendly Norway is and then you sail under an oil rig! That part will be missed, but it is in need of something. I hope they don't get rid of the school bread though! Its my favorite snack in the World.

Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff in the MVMCP parade...

I smell a Frozen Soiree on the horizon with a bigger price tag than the VSS...

Time to get some popcorn!

Here is where they are failing, IMO. Epcot desperately need more attractions. Closing one of the only ones that require FP for another FP attraction is a step sideways, not forward. They need to add, not just replace.

I am totally fine with this. You hardly heard anyone talk about Maelstrom until it was rumored to leave and suddenly it is a lot of peoples favorite ride...

The important thing here is that kids are going to LOVE it and that is a good thing. Bringing fresh new rides to parks is always a plus.

Now it might be annoying early on trying to do the World Tour with how packed Norway is going to be...that definitely won't be fun...

This is horrible, horrible, horrible news. Enough already. We are inundated with Frozen in the MK and DHS already. There is another demographic that frequents WDW too.
I do not like the destroying of the World Showcase, featuring the culture of the sponsored nations.
This is really awful!!!!

I am so excited for this! I just wish there was a date of completion! We are here now and come back in Dec and planned for next a March so I am hoping it's completed for that trip! I may adjust my dates if needed but I can't adjust them past May..fingers crossed!!!! I have only ridden Maelstrom once so I'm happy for the update. The attraction doesn't really get a long wait so it obviously needs an update.

Here is where they are failing, IMO. Epcot desperately need more attractions. Closing one of the only ones that require FP for another FP attraction is a step sideways, not forward. They need to add, not just replace.

Yep--huge swaths of EP attraction space sits unused, underused or misused. So of course, let's take out something people like and replace it with something else, instead.

#$%(@&! bean-counters. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter