• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's funny how......and other life experiences as a kid at disneyland

It's funny how when I was kid women my age (almost 49) were OLD ....and showed it by dressing appropriately frumpy, and spending their time watching the younger set have fun!

It's funny how, Mickey Ice Cream bars were awesome, and they still are.

It's funny how I never got to the park at rope drop until I was a DIS member. Then I saw the light.

It's funny how we would always start with Jungle Cruise every single trip.

It's funny how trips to Disneyland have improved my photography significantly to the point that it's now one of my favorite hobbies.

It's funny how I never got to the park at rope drop until I was a DIS member. Then I saw the light.

It's funny how all these magical things just happened randomly, and now I plan to be there for them.

Isn't it funny how...

my mom recently told me that when I was a kid we went to DL very rarely, but I can remember as early as 15 being a Disney-addict. Who knows why or how I got it from!

- Dreams :wizard:

I remember as a teenager that I would have no problem waiting in line for 2 hours to ride Indiana Jones, now if it's longer than 30 minutes, I say forget it!:rotfl2:

It's funny how I went maybe 5 times my ENTIRE childhood to Disney and then maybe 5 MORE times during my adult life as a single and then during my first marriage and yet since I have had kids I have gone a TON of times. My kids have been MORE times in their lives then I had gone by the time I was 30!!! :)

It's funny how talll the matterhorn was and now we have ToT.

it's funny how i always seem to get my teeny tiny feet caught in the trolly track grooves on Main ST at DL..rflol..

It's funny to think of how treeless or how little the trees where on your first visit and how lush it is now.

I remember riding POTC and thinking how huge the Blue Bayou restaurant looked and then a few years later go there to eat and you're like elbow to elbow with everyone.

i find it funny and interesting that guests don't know the difference between matterhorn and the grr bear ... rflol true story!

but i do cause since i was 5 i knew what matterhorn was!

Isn't it funny how...

my mom recently told me that when I was a kid we went to DL very rarely, but I can remember as early as 15 being a Disney-addict. Who knows why or how I got it from!

- Dreams :wizard:

Me too!!! I kinda remember bits and pieces when I was 3, and then we went when I was 5, and nothing until 8th grade, and then it was like 1-2 times a year. Now I couldn't imagine going a year without going.

It's funny how, on my first trip, I HATED the HM, and now it's one of my favorites.

It's funny how I, a (almost, b-day is Aug. 14) 15-year-old, would wait 45 minutes to meet Terrence, Tink, and Silvermist, but refused to wait 35 minutes to ride the HM. (well... during the rest of our trip it had 15 minute lines, so... :p)

Confession time. It had been 28 years since I had been to Disneyland. The last time I was there it was a night time trip in high school. No real visual memories. My last daylight experience was as a 9-10 year old kid.

When I went last year for my birthday I was amazed at how small the park really is. Before, in my memory, it was this vast landscape of fun and it still is in many ways.

I enjoyed it so much, that I went ahead and bought a So. Cal. Select pass this year. My neice was going for her 1st time on her 4th birthday, and I have Monday's off. Now, I love going to the park and am planning to renew my pass next year!

The only bummer is that usually I'm alone when I visit....everybody else seems to work on Mondays.

It's funny that the top speeds on the 3 mountain coasters is half what you drive getting to the park.

its funny how when i was a kid i really thought if i put all my might in to it i would be able to pull the sword out of the stone.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter